It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smallpox Vaccine Modified to Create Bird Flu Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Smallpox Vaccine Modified to Create Bird Flu Vaccine

www.upi.com

A modified vaccine once used to treat smallpox has proven effective in treating mice infected with the deadly H5N1 bird flu strain, Hong Kong researchers say. ...The new vaccine, called Wyeth/IL-15/5Flu, has three main elements -- a licensed vaccinia virus; human interleukin-15, a regulatory protein used to boost immune response; and five genes from H5N1.
...human trials are at least two years off, the University of Hong Kong scientists, who worked with U.S. researchers, say
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.podtrac.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This vaccine is different from the CR6261 "universal" antibody reported here Scientists close in on universal flu vaccine - which is NOT a vaccine.

The CR6261 "universal" antibody must be used with antivirals, and even then, is only good for a few days.

The "Wyeth" vaccine promises rapid, cheap and easy production - but will take about 2 years to get to human trials.

In other news, pandemic planning has geared up, along with bird flu outbreaks and a rash of other virus epidemics in South East Asia.

Virus scare hits Southeast Asia

Rising cases of dengue fever, chikungunya, bird flu and ebola viruses were reported in several Southeast Asian countries in the past two months. Relax, there are no pandemic threats. Not yet, anyway.

ALL of these diseases can mimic bird flu, and bird flu testing remains deplorably under-used and inaccurate to boot.

...My spidey senses tell me something is up.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Looks to me like Big Pharma is positioning to ride a wave of desperation, and push products to human trials before they're ready.

Any ideas?

new topics

join