It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, It's only a theory

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In order to know the absolute certainty of anything I would need to be all knowing. But isn’t that a characteristic restricted to a deity? And surely, no deity can exist without acceptable scientific proof. Thus, humanity would appear to be prisoner in a paradox of its own making. Or if you prefer, victim of an incomplete understanding of reality.

I may act as a member of a jury. But I cannot truly state that the defendant is guilty or not guilty. All I can say is that the defendant is guilty or not guilty, based on my personal evaluation of that part of the evidence which has been presented, which I find acceptable.

If I have a belief, be it religious or scientific, do I hold it because having a belief is preferable to not having a belief? If so, then any belief will suffice.
Or do I hold that belief because I believe it to be true? If so then I must forever challenge and re-challenge it. Since if true, testing will only serve to strengthen it. But if false, why would I want to perpetuate it?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
All nuts aside...

You want the truth do you?

Carrots are from Africa. They are purple.
When grown in any other part of the world they're orange.

So what's this have to do with people?
We change to adapt to our environment.
All living things do.

Australia has the highest heart disease rate.
The soil there lacks magnesium.

OK... So where do we come from?

Google Earth onto Antarctica.
Look for an orange square.
75 degree 06'28.61" S 123 Degree 19'40.64" E
Zoom in and see for yourself.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What does Dome C have to do with anything? Also, does anyone know how to type out the degree symbol?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

There have been many theories over the years that have been believed to be true and later found to be false. I have a "Deevolution Theory" in my mind...prove it wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Life results from the non random survival of randomly varying replicators.

creationism is RELIGION, NOT SCIENCE.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i thought ATS' tag line is "deny ignorance"?

why are so many people still arguing about this? are you blind? creationism ISNT SCIENCE! ITS RELIGION!

its OK to have any religion or god you want, but you cant say EVOLUTION is BS because god exists and then start quoting the bible!!

and the word THEORY in "evolution theory", doesn't mean "guess".
it means a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena, example "the wave theory of light".

and besides, interpreting the bible LITERALLY is wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
and i suggest any creationist watch this first before making a comment.

remember the tag line, DENY IGNORANCE.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 180attoseconds
Life results from the non random survival of randomly varying replicators.

creationism is RELIGION, NOT SCIENCE.

Evolution is Religion and FAKE Science and as for that other self contradicting statment about the replicators that vary randomly surviving non randomly is about life surviving. In other words,

We know life can only come from life.

Here, I thought this quote sums up that silly nonsense Dawkins vomits from his mouth like most of the stuff he says that sounds cool if you are on the set of Stargate Atlantis but hehe C'mon listen to that LOL.

Evolution, development, and random biological ejaculations from a godless liberal ..... If I recall Dawkins, in the Blind Watchmaker, made it clear that what makes us human is our ability to overcome the tyranny of the self-replicators. ..... Another fool who will go to his grave believing in a load of crap

www.google.com...://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/02/the_other_side_of_the_coin.php&ei=14PWSdmqCaa4tgOi8oCkCg&sig2=efJt 8o1OxpYOwaa0QXPxKw&usg=AFQjCNHI1U7ScgJ9s_7iKbn7sUNRrRBdtw

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 180attoseconds

i thought ATS' tag line is "deny ignorance"?

why are so many people still arguing about this? are you blind? creationism ISNT SCIENCE! ITS RELIGION!

The ancient texts referring to an omnipotent creator of the universe can be substantiated scientifically and if that has religious implications

SO WHAT!

As long as that doesn't stop what we find out about how things came to be or how what seems supernatural to us until we can figure out how God did it scientifically then, like many other things that once seemed supernatural we figure them out. Until then, when asked how certain things happen like how did life begin, we can do as Dawkins and say "We don't know" or we can say "God did it".

I know you materialists like to scream "That is not scientific!" as if we don't know that. But when Dawkins is asked the same question and says "We don't know". That is the same as saying God did it.

See? We already know neither is an answer as to how but we have much evidence as to who and if that has religious implications??

SO WHAT!

Have YOU met this God?

Do you know he has a religion?

What Religion is God?

When you tell me that then tell me why you know this

When you can tell me why you know this, then you can tell me it's religion. Until then, it is about SCIENCE which God enabled us to use, by making us more intelligent than any of the other creatures and put in us a yearning to know him. Science used in this way doesn't diminish Science Nor Trivializes God, but rather

EXPLAINS HIM!

and the word THEORY in "evolution theory", doesn't mean "guess".
it means a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena, example "the wave theory of light".

In other words their best educated guesses.
same thing

and besides, interpreting the bible LITERALLY is wrong.

You know whats wrong,,

Interpreting every fossil as a transitional form is wrong.

That is whats wrong

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

"Professing themselves wise, they became fools". And yes, now YOU are confirming the veracity of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 180attoseconds

180atto....I was gonna send you a U2U, BUT I THOUGHT a live forum comment was better....

Aermacchi is gonna argue with you, no matter what you write.

For a Mod who happens along to witness, I am sorry for stating the truth.

There are times when it just has to be brought out into the open....blatant religious bible-beating obfuscations need to be called out....

I'm sorry, to all....if you have time to review this thread you may check my various posts. I have kept my hands under my butt until now....but there is a point where even I can break.

Back yo the post I'm referencing...180atto!!

You are most welcomed, especially by finding that gem of a link to a very early Penn & Teller episode from their series on Showtime....I've long been a fan of theirs....AND thier series that 'cannot be named' on ATS....

EDIT...the 'title' of their show violates the T&Cs....let's politely call it 'Buffalo Pucks'......

second edit....to correct first typos....but, meh!!! You can read as well as I....I let them stet.

[edit on 4/3/0909 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 4/3/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

tnx, and i didnt know writing Bull***t here is illegal
sorry

anyway, i read from someone else' comment that, no matter what happens or is discussed here or anywhere about evolution and creationism, i doubt those religious folks would change their minds.

its a shame some people mistake and mix religion with science.

and btw, if youre gonna teach creationism as science, what about other religions?

lets say for example i believe in norse mythology. lets say for example that norse mythology is my religion and bible. lets say there are 3 billion of us here on this planet that believes that, does that make it true? does that make it science? NO.

truly believing that the catholic god created everything in the universe is OK, BUT SAYING HE CREATED IT IN 7 DAYS, is BULL***T.

its ok to hear the story of noah's ark and getting the moral of the story, BUT SAYING THAT THE FLOOD REALLY HAPPENED AND NOAH PUT ALL CREATURES IN HIS ARK, IS BS.

its a STORY for CHILDREN. GROW UP PEOPLE.

Evolution is NOT RELIGION. ITS SCIENCE. IT DOESN'T SAY THAT GOD CREATED EVERYTHING. you know why? because by placing god in your arguement makes your arguement about RELIGION.

and Aermacchi, read previous my comments carefully, and watch that video before commenting.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Research may finally prove evolution is unscientific, has no standing, fact or any evidence whatsoever proving it's thesis, claim, or other, and moreover, is mothing other than outright pseudo-science and totally fake.

Evolution is nothing more than the fantastic story on top of the heap of all false belief throughout history.

it ranks higher than the earth being flat and the center of the galaxy, it ranks higher than the frozen bigfoot last summer, the Congo T-rex last April fools day, and is the April fools joke of the millenia.

View it and weep, Darwinists

allcingeye God Knows

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Fossils that disprove evolutions. Here is video number one in a series:

www.youtube.com...

Find the rest on YouTube and enjoy. Then come back and make some intelligent comments.

Please!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

imd....what a pathetic attempt.

I watched the entire video....there was nothing 'scientific' about it.

More baloney Pseudo-Science to attempt to promote an agenda.

Using the Oak-Ridge Laboratories as a citation, that was brilliant.

It was just double-speak, that's why I called it 'pseudo-science'.....

"polonium" and 'Alka-Selzter'????

Polonium decays, at the largest, in about a century, or just over 100 years.

ANY baloney pseudo-science that attempt to use this element is hoping that they can fool some of the people part of the time....unless people actually do some research.

Face it.....The "Young Earth Theory" is ridiculoius.

Here's the problem....we live on Earth....that cannot be denied.

BUT, WE are NOT the 'center' of the Universe!!!!!

I just will not, nor can I allow, ridiculous baloney about the Human 'form' somehow being the 'ULTIMATE' 'design'.....

"Creationism" is an idiotic concept.

I'll try another tactic.....think about this....

"Creationism" requires a 'leap of faith'....so large that one must accept that about six million insect species, along with all the other phyla and fauna species, all were 'created' at once!

It is a ridiculous notion.

Only a matter of billions of years, and the extent of that time frame, can possibly explain the current diversity of life that we now observe.

AND....we must also consider the diversity of life in the Oceans....

THERE IS NOTHING in 'genesis', in the "bible", to explain what Science has discovered in the deep Oceans.

Certain 'extromophiles'.....these are organisms that ONLY live dep int hte sea....

The 'bible' has no idea of these things.....but, this is why life exists....it has NOTHING to do with any ridiculous idea of a 'supernatural' force....it is chemistry, and time....it just happens.

[edit on 4/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahblah123
reply to post by andre18

There have been many theories over the years that have been believed to be true and later found to be false. I have a "Deevolution Theory" in my mind...prove it wrong.

Funnily enough, its not the first time I have heard of such a thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ah, but those ideas you rail against are not central to the idea of the world being "created". Just wish to note in passing.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As I've said before, the evolutionists(us/we) came up with an idea, and the creationists(Them/they) also did. We began looking for proof that our idea was the truth, we have been for years, and still are. If something doesn't work, we scrap it and start from what we've confirmed, and keep going again and again.

They have been using the same ideas for hundreds of years, even when just a few hundred years ago, a majority of people couldn't even read the texts that are supposedly the absolute truth. So what? We trust what people put in a seat of power have to say is the truth, even though they can't prove it? I say we take a page out of the book of Punk Rock and Rebel.

What about all of the people that weren't Jewish before Jesus showed up? What about all of the people who could never hear his word because they were all on a different continent? What about the places where the Disciples never traveled? Those people are all dead now, did your 'God' want his 'beloved children' to burn in hell simply because they lived across the ocean? Can you explain what happened to them with your bible?

We believe that we're simply an animal capable of deeper thinking, because of the evolution of our species. We always have a desire to submit ourselves to a higher power, and what better than an omnipotent diety that no one save a select few can see?

On a side note, I'm just going by what I believe makes the most sense, I know only a little about the science of evolution, someone more educated can tell you about the finer points of the theory of evolution. I continue calling it the theory because we don't have any definitive proof that I know of yet.

So, Christians, Catholics, etc... if your commandments say that you shouldn't create a false idol, why do you have religious leaders, and images of a white Jesus? Jesus wasn't white, he was middle eastern. He was a carpenter's son, so he'd likely be a somewhat swarthy individual.

Now, onto my next question. Can any of you tell us about the life of Jesus between when he was baptized, and when he began collecting the apostles and those last three years of his life which are recorded in the bible?

And what of Paul, the guy who wrote a great deal of the New Testament? If Jesus is your saviour, then why is another man, whom I believe was a Pharisee to the bone, writing your teachings? Did Mohammed have someone else write his teachings after he died? Buddha?

I don't expect you to walk away from your religion simply because the voice of a teenager made you think. I want you to QUESTION AUTHORITY, look for the facts, and ways to prove them. Then you can make your decision.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kiltedninja

Or perhaps both sides should stop caring so much about what the other thinks, just a suggestion. Neither side has all the answers and attacking each other on other stances they make won't change crap. Unless you believe that if one thing a person says is correct *or wrong* then all they say is correct *or wrong*. Which is naive to say the least.

And when we get down to it, it is ALL belief and faith in who is giving whoever whatever information is correct or not lying, sorry to tell you.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

www.youtube.com...

Then come back and make some intelligent comments.

Time for some ownage!

At 1:32 it talks about Darwin speaking about abiogenesis, life from simple compounds... however, I don't recall any passage in Darwin's works that talks about abiogenesis. So, from the get-go, it looks like the video doesn't know what it's talking about or is just being dishonest.

Next, it claims that evolution has no scientific backing... this is blatantly dishonest. Even creationists now admit to a version of evolution that they call "micro evolution".

Words like "erroneous", "misleading", etc. are untrue. They do not give any examples or explanations why those words would be appropriate, so it looks like this video is blatant propaganda.

Yup... by 3:15, it is without a doubt just a propaganda film.

3:57... no scientific basis for evolution? Yeah, blatant lie. Wow. I thought Christians had some rules against false witness/lying?

Then after 4:18, it talks about all the scientific branches that offer proofs against evolution. I bet they're referring to cherry picked data, ignoring the explanations scientists have for why those discrepancies occurred. They're also ignoring all the evidence those branches of science have for evolution. To overlook those shows how biased this program is.

The fossils they are showing around 5:33, I don't see the significance. It sounds like the creationist argument, "if men evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys around?" Basically, scorpions could have existed millions of years ago and still be alive today because they were in an environment where they had a secure and comfortable ecological niche and didn't need to evolve much.

Them "emerging on the world stage with all their complex structures" is a lie. Unless you have absolute proof that a species suddenly appeared, then we wouldn't know. Fossil finds are rare and even with that we can see a progressive fossil record. & now with DNA analysis, we can trace back to earlier forms of animals as well. The creationist here is presuming absolute knowledge without good evidence.

6:05, irrefutable truth... again, presuming absolute knowledge and actually lying.

ugh... now I have a bad taste in my mouth!

next time, how about sending me a link to a comedy video?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by andre18]

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join