It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, It's only a theory

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

11:11????

really?

Oh man. Doesn't make any difference what time zone you live in, does it?

That's a little bit like seeing Mary in a pizza.

There are so-called 'coincidences' all around us.

Even in evolution....there are 'coincidences'....because it is a complex, dynamic process.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What does the post number have to do with time? I said to look up the 11:11 phenom, that's all.

Once again you seem to have a hard time understanding whats plainly in front of you. Did I not say you may say it was coincidence? Funny how I know what you'll do before you do it.

Almost prophetic

So why be redundant and state what I already knew you would state?

You're not fighting against me weed, you're fighting against God. I'll gladly be a fool for God.

Psalms:2:4: He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

God Bless

[edit on 14-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

Originally posted by 5thElement
reply to post by B.A.C.

Here is a question for ya:

What do you think, is it possible to have good faith in something that is wrong, and to be empowered by this faith ?

If it is wrong how can it also be good? That statement falls all over itself.

No.

It was not statement but a question...

So question still stands

Answering it with another question won't do

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
[edit on 14-3-2009 by hulkbacker]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

how do you define "empowered"?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

What do you think, is it possible to have good faith in something that is wrong, and to be empowered by this faith ?

Even though the question is trickery I still have an easy answer.

Whether you have faith in right or wrong, faith doesn't empower you. Faith is a belief without evidence. God is power.

This question reminds me of the Pharisees with their trickery.

Read:
M'r:11:28: And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority to do these things?
M'r:11:29: And Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.
M'r:11:30: The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me.
M'r:11:31: And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not believe him?
M'r:11:32: But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for all men counted John, that he was a prophet indeed.
M'r:11:33: And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

The word empower isn't in the Bible.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by B.A.C.

If it is wrong how can it also be good?

can you clarify with an example? I don't understand your question

there that better?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

saw your sig there 5th, just wanted to know if you ever met a living amputee? Went to the website and thought it was one of the most silly arguments and mis-understanding's of God I have ever read. The underlying premise is God isn't fair because he doesn't heal amputee's ha ha ha he. One of the easiest arguments to explain if you think about it.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi

reply to post by B.A.C.

there that better?

Oh, I understood his question. I only wanted to ask one question before I answered it. His was supposed to be a trick question, but failed.

I answered it in my post above.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

saw your sig there 5th, just wanted to know if you ever met a living amputee?

My father was, as many, many others I know.

I came to the USA some time ago from another country where reality is 1.2 mil dead people due the civil war, so, yeah, I met quite a few...

Silly arguments can make people think too, don't you think ?

That was the point of my question as well. To make you think about the way you think about the way others do

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

saw your sig there 5th, just wanted to know if you ever met a living amputee?

My father was, as many, many others I know.

Silly arguments can make people think too, don't you think ?

That was the point of my question as well. To make you think about the way you think about the way others do

You know you might want to start reading your posts because I cannot make heads nor tails out of it.

First:

I came to the USA some time ago from another country where reality is 1.2 mil dead people due the civil war, so, yeah, I met quite a few...

Whose civil war? where? and what does that have to do with my question?

Obviously your Dad is alive so the amputation didn't kill him but God gets no credit in that ?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

reply to post by B.A.C.

there that better?

Oh, I understood his question. I only wanted to ask one question before I answered it. His was supposed to be a trick question, but failed.

I answered it in my post above.

God Bless

yeah I also noticed he didn't address it either. He answered mine but the answer isn't really an answer at all

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by B.A.C.

11:11????

really?

Oh man. Doesn't make any difference what time zone you live in, does it?

That's a little bit like seeing Mary in a pizza.

There are so-called 'coincidences' all around us.

Even in evolution....there are 'coincidences'....because it is a complex, dynamic process.

No. it's more like you and bac going out to a pizza place and you get there and sit at a table and order, then you ask that question as they bring you your pizza and see 11:11 in your pizza. Not only that but when Bac tells you to look at the other pizza's at everyone elses table, you see 11:11 on all their pizza's too!

When you leave you see the name of the pizza place is 11:11 Pizza.

Then you call it a coincedence and still miss the point

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Overall you made a pretty good post but one thing needs to be clarified. Before the Big Bang there was no rock. In fact there wasn't anything. Just an infinitely small pocket of gases. For a good overview on the Big Bang Theory check out the wiki article here

en.wikipedia.org...

Finally I would just like to add that even though B.A.C is from Canada, he is definitely the minority here and in no way represents the intellect of the majority of the people here in this fine country.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daftfunk

You are absolutely right.

Canada is going downhill just like the States.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'll admit that the idea of the Big Bang always seemed a little funky to me, I've never really sat down and thought about what I think of how the Universe came to be. I'll need to read up on that.

My personal beliefs on evolution are that Macroevolution is too much of a drastic step for nature, Microevolution is something more acceped by nature, smaller steps are often better, unless you're crossing a lava field.

I'd like to make it clear that at the end of the day, I don't expect anyone to change their beliefs, because I know that we'll all continue believing whatever we believe. Christians, Catholics, and other religious folk, go on and continue your beliefs, but always remember that the winners write history, not always the best view.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

according to the theory, evolution takes time. If you want me to show you missing links, show me god in this world of suffering. at least evolution can be studied, religion tells us to accept god blindly and to have faith, then threatens you with eternal suffering if you do not. i'm not against religion, but the idea of god is a more far out theory than evolution. if there was nothing before Creation, where did this sentient, all knowing, all powerful deity come from?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Evolution theory just as the Global Warming theory is just that....THEORY!

They are IDEALS purported by the politic for self gain!

Evolution is FLAWED since DARWIN never got to prove the theory, but since then it has been taught to the masses as truth when you can clearly see that there are "NO INTERMEDIATE SPECIES".

Evolution also states that ONLY THE STRONG OF THE SPECIES SURVIVE!!!!

To which is simply not true because if that was the case then why do animals tend to their sick, old and young......

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I hate to point it out, but regardless of where u come from, if you are trying to prove something by some kind of source and logic based argument, Wikipedia is NOT considered an academic source.... even though one, as I do, may use it daily.

As I recall an academic source is one that has been reviewed by peers for accuracy etc...

Mind you im probably too late in this little discussion to be relevant.

All the best
Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The Evolution theory just as the Global Warming theory is just that....THEORY!

They are IDEALS purported by the politic for self gain!

Sigh, that's almost 60 pages waisted.

there are "NO INTERMEDIATE SPECIES".

ummm...

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join