It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, It's only a theory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

Exactly: a trillion seems like a big number, but it's made up of adding a bunch of ones

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I understand why people don't want to believe in creation, if flies in the face of science and common sense that the environmental Eco system and structure with all it's complex life was created on this planet in 6 literal - 24 hour days.

That is what has given creation a very bad reputation, and is fact erroneous conjecture.

God never had to stick to our 24 hour period, that's based on what, a rotation of 1 planet in one solar system in one galaxy. When there are billions of these. You can be sure his definition of a "day" is much different than ours.

As well the creation account starts with the sun and earth already created anyways.

If you have studied this at all, there are so many variables that lead to life being sustainable on this planet it boggles the mind. In fact some evolutionists having studied this end up saying we might just be the only planet in our galaxy with life.

Even the location of our solar system in the milky way helps our planet to sustain life.

I do believe in creation, because evolution doesn't explain to us, from a universe void of all matter; all the way to the creation of humanity on this planet and everything in between.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The planet wasn't "put" in the right place for life to form. Life formed because our planet ended up forming in the correct orbit. Simple logic with no need for a creator.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Evolution is not in competition with creation. Creation seeks to discredit evolution because it trys to explain things that creation claims to know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I do believe in creation, because evolution doesn't explain to us, from a universe void of all matter; all the way to the creation of humanity on this planet and everything in between.

Does religion explain to you where God came from? Who created God? What is he made of? When questioned in this context it almost seems as absurd as The Big Bang.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What if intention influences the evolving of the body/plant. If the animal/plant is often in a problematic situation, could it be that the will/intention of the creature forms its body to overcome the problem over the generations. Who/what else should know what the problem is and if there is a problem and what to want to resolve it?

And since intention has to do with consiousness and that has a connection higher self (that what people call god...) both evolutiontheory and religion are right but incomplete.

Keep in mind that quantum phisics showed us that consiousness can manipulate/create matter.

what do you think about that

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary

Originally posted by B.A.C.
OK show me a FACT, just one FACT, not ALL, just ONE that is known about evolution.

Remember a FACT is VERIFIABLE.

Is this a setup too

I will take that challenge.

Ivory poachers in Africa have provided a perfect demonstration of how
evolution works. Poachers kill only those elephants that bear large,
valuable tusks. As a result they have allowed elephants with smaller tusks ,or those lacking tusks, to multiply.

A survey conducted in Uganda's Queen Elizabeth National Park found
that up to 30 percent of the elephants had no tusks, up from one
percent in the 1930s
, and many of the rest had greatly reduced tusks.
The same trend is happening all over Africa, as a result of selective
culling by poachers.

Essentially, poachers are acting as one of the three pressures that lead to evolution. These three pressures are environmental, sexual, and in this case, predatory.

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

I am pretty this example of evolution meets your requirements of being a "fact" and "verifiable." I can only hope you are man enough to admit when you are wrong.

Slow down a minute here. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong.

Let me show you an example of how this is flawed logic.

Let's say there are 3 types of wolves in a certain forest, and only them three types exist. One type is Black, One type is White, One type is a mixture of Black & White.

Now, a certain people consider the White wolves to have exceptionally beautiful fur, so they hunt them. Thereby, slowly decreasing their numbers until the majority of the wolves in the forest are Black, the minority are now White, or Mixed.

This doesn't mean that the Black wolves have evolved to protect themselves from the hunters. This is an example of forced selective breeding.

Follow me?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
forced selective breeding = Evolution

second line.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Hilarious.... Too bad that by the definitions that you have set evolution has already been disproven time and again, atleast macro evolution has.

There have been thousands of fossils found out of "order" as you put it. In fact there are only one or two places in the WORLD that they have been found in the RIGHT order.

laughable. You go girl keep fighting the fight. I'll keep searching for the truth....

Jaden

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Does religion explain to you where God came from? Who created God? What is he made of? When questioned in this context it almost seems as absurd as The Big Bang.

You're right, belief in the big bang and belief in God take an equal amount of faith. Neither side can PROVE the existence of either.

That's why arguments about this are futile.

If you follow simple logic, something cannot come from nothing.

Therefore if I say there is a God, you can say where did he come from?, or if you say the Big Bang happened, I'd say where did the matter come from?

It's almost a paradox.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Yes....and, no, BAC

In YOUR example, as in the other, it is STILL a natural selection process....whether it is the Humans hunting thne Black wolves, or predators eating the blue fish that can't hide in the green seaweed (oversimplification, I know!!)

It is still 'natural selection'....give 'em enough time, and within a certain eco-niche, species will adapt.

This, again, is the short-term solution.

Evolution operates way, way, way long-term.

That, I think, is the point.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

forced selective breeding = Evolution

second line.

So when we breed animals to have certain traits they are evolving? I don't think so.

In nature a predator will hunt the weak, lame, old etc. Other than that they don't care about the other traits.

So forced selective breeding is not natural, that's why it is called "forced".

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by B.A.C.

This topic has been beat to death. But you stated evolution is not observable nor testable. I disagree. I won't bore readers of the thread with the overwhelming evidence available. I think that the burden is on you to back up the statement that nothing in the theory of evolution is testable.

I love this answer.... allow me to translate what this really means "This topic has been beat to death" tranlsation: why haven't people who disagree with me given up yet? " I won't bore the readers of this thread with the overwhelming evidence available" tralnslation: I don't really have any evidence and the evidence that I can refer to I don't really understand because it is too convoluted for anyone to really understand so I'll just claim that there's tons of evidence in support of my claim and no evidence to the contrary.

"I think that the burden of proof is on you to show that nothing in the theory of evolution is testable" tranlsation: I don't want to have to defend my position with logical argument because logic has always been the downfall of evolution, so I spin it around and put it on you, good luck proving the unproveable.

That's what that post really was nothing but obfuscation of the fact that evolution is unproveable as is anything else except that you exist. Not your body by the way, just your consciousness, that's the only thing that can truly be tested and proven logically.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

You are arguing semantics. If I force the dog to evolve by breeding him, or a predator forces him to evolve, you end up with the same result.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

/end discussion

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
B.A.C explain to me why some HUMAN babies r born with fins (like fishs), why some womens have more than two breast (nipples), why black people have more melatonine than white people (more melatonine = darker skin = better uv resitance that is why we get a tan for some time, but then if ur adaptation theorie stands they should become white in northern countries and vice versa for white people ,in matters of decades). This is evolution leaving its mark, only that

sorry for my spelling and grammar im not english

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Thanks for the love jaden
It's always heartening to have supporters!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

BAC, I risk a slap on the wrist here.....to quote the ever-prescient Homer Simpson....to his son Bart...."What is matter? Never mind. What is 'Mind'? Doesn't matter..."

The Universe that we now observe came about somehow. OK?

Our participation in the drama has only happened in a mere sliver of time, compared to what's happened before. What we call 'matter' is really a lot of empty space. Something you call a 'solid' isn't really....on the quantum level.

How does MY diatribe relate to this thread???

Imagine a pre-schooler who is allowed to open a pocket watch. (Oh Dear, I'm about to invent a 'creator'....not what I imagined I'd do, but.....)

Let's go back to the pocket watch analogy. A pre-schooler (insert Human here) sees something that is so amazing, and completely baffling....but, this clever child (us) decides he/she wants to figure it out. How does it work? DID it get built by someone? HOW can I re-create it????

I'm not advocating a 'creator'.....with the pocket watch analogy....although, I guess I am, because I couldn't think of something better....

Maybe, it is just the age-old saying....'stuff happens'!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

What if intention influences the evolving of the body/plant. If the animal/plant is often in a problematic situation, could it be that the will/intention of the creature forms its body to overcome the problem over the generations. Who/what else should know what the problem is and if there is a problem and what to want to resolve it?

And since intention has to do with consiousness and that has a connection higher self (that what people call god...) both evolutiontheory and religion are right but incomplete.

Keep in mind that quantum phisics showed us that consiousness can manipulate/create matter.

what do you think about that

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by B.A.C.

You are arguing semantics. If I force the dog to evolve by breeding him, or a predator forces him to evolve, you end up with the same result.

I'm saying it isn't evolution, it's only breeding, forced at that.

Now if a deer can only eat something that is 12 feet in the air and he grows extra long legs so he can reach it, I would consider that evolution.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join