It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, It's only a theory

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Oh please, people have been behaving like animals long before evolution was even thought of. What is absurd is that you try to link these animal behaviors to evolution.

And you can believe what you want.
The evidence can still be reasonably explained in terms of creation despite your cute attitude.

As far as acting like animals today, we really have no excuse for it, other than we get a loss of purpose, self esteem and self worth after being brainwashed into believing we are the result of evolution.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl

Spanish Inquisition? Crusades? Salem Witch Trials? Maybe it's not that "Evolution" makes us animals....Maybe it's that we ARE animals.

I don't understand why these episodes can't be mentioned or accepted? After all this was one of the methods that the creation "theory", "hypothesis", "fact"...whatever was imposed in the population. Why is it not relevant? Because it's so "old"?

It's not only not relevant to today, it's used to misleads people such as yourself, and your statement above proves you are mislead.

It's not relevant because the masses were not educated. All books were hand written before 1440 AD. and they cost a fortune to buy. It took a long time to make books available to the common man at a reasonable cost. That's why you cannot reasonably say that those events are relevant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
jrod:

you can put all the videos you want up here from the government funded scientists who's careers and funding hang on their evolution Faith preaching, but I won't buy into it. I chose to educate myself on BOTH sides of this debate a long time ago, and it's all speculation.

I believe the specualting that makes more sense is Creation.

Cause and effect is the very genesis of all scientific laws. Without an ultimate first cause, nothing in the material Universe would exist.

The material Universe is a weak outbirth of the Spiritual realm. The cause of the Universe, and all life in it, is an intelligent conscious spiritual being from which humans get their consiousness/self awareness.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is this thread over now? So the creationists lost (again), as they ignore the posts that clearly and plainly points out that EVOLUTION IS THE FACT ...
HOW IT WORKS IS THE THEORY.

Scientists at Cornell University recreated the circumstances that they deduce existed on earth over a billion years ago in an experiment to see if they could create life. Their success was not only delightful, but alarming. The chemical reaction of life is apparently much easier and quicker to accomplish than was previously thought. And of course, realizing the dangers of creating a second breed of life, scientists ended the experiment.

Special creation is outworn and completely refuted, now retained only by the ignorant, the dogmatic, and the prejudicial.

And no, to believe in evolution is not to deny the existance of a god.. after all, most evolutionists are christian.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I respectfully disagree. I think ALL evidence is relevant just as ALL fact pertaining to evolution are open for discussion. These incidents are facts and did happen. The fact the religious "documentation" wasn't readily avialable or that books weren't given to the masses doesn't negate the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

'government funded scientists'?

Oh, that's rich!

Now, where is it, again, that Christian so-called 'scientists' get THEIR funding?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
As far as acting like animals today, we really have no excuse for it, other than we get a loss of purpose, self esteem and self worth after being brainwashed into believing we are the result of evolution.

So let me get this straight, and please correct me if im interpreting this incorrectly. You think that the Theory of Evolution is responsible for the loss of purpose, self-esteem, self-worth, and the de-evolution of the human race? Really? Wow i'm actually at a loss for words.

Please enlighten me as to why we have no excuse, a large portion of the world still lives in conditions similar to that of the 1400's. Last time I checked the mechanisms that drive people to immorality are still firmly in place (Hunger, Disease, Death, Wealth, Power) none of which have anything to do with the Theory of Evolution.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I would think that's it's accurate to say that during the middle ages religion and the study of it was pretty much "government funded". That being said creationists have quite a few more years of government funded research under their belts.

Well...if you consider the rack research...but I digress............

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Some people believe everything they read when it goes against the existance of God.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

Dump the cute attitude, rephrase your questions and I might respond. to you. Otherwise, save it for someone else.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Cause and effect is the very genesis of all scientific laws. Without an ultimate first cause, nothing in the material Universe would exist.

Question for ya:

What in your opinion makes an INFINITE causality chain impossible. Why exactly "the ultimate first cause" is more plausible idea ?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I phrased my question to suit the context in which you introduced your opinions.

The conveyance of attitude is rather difficult on this type of media. Your interpretation of this "cute" attitude is your fault not mine. The questions are still valid, might I add. I will await your response.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by weedwhacker

I would think that's it's accurate to say that during the middle ages religion and the study of it was pretty much "government funded". That being said creationists have quite a few more years of government funded research under their belts.

Well...if you consider the rack research...but I digress............

Creation Scientist do not get gov. funding. As far as the time frame you are refering to(several hundred years ago) you can only speculate that scientist were funded, but I doubt it since Creation was assumed to be fact by most people.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Wow i'm actually at a loss for words.

That statement clearly conveys you're being cute with me.

Please enlighten me as to why we have no excuse, a large portion of the world still lives in conditions similar to that of the 1400's.

You would be safer living with one of those Amazon tribes cut off from civilization than you would be walking in many neighborhoods and subways, where even the cops will kill you for no good reason.

When I say act like animals, I am refering to their desires to kill anything or anyone they don't agree with, or who disagrees with them.

[edit on 4/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I can easily say that scientists that didn't go with the religious mainstream beliefs were NOT funded. Well unless you consider the cost of the wood needed to burn them at the stake for contridicting the church.

On a similar note...I can't find any references to hoardes of outraged scientists rampaging the countryside killing non-believers.....

[edit on 4-3-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

When I say act like animals, I am refering to their desires to kill anything or anyone they don't agree with, or who disagrees with them. [edit on 4/3/09 by John Matrix]

That's funny because the people I see who most often follow this thought process are religious fanatics.... Ever hear of anyone killing someone in the name of Evolution?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by littlebunny

It's funny how you don't understand what you've even posted

Nothing you've shown discredits evolutionary research. At best you've shown modifications to the theory not the invalidation of it.

I could go on and on explaining why you're wrong but you won't believe me as it would, in your mind, conflict with your set of beliefs and we can't have that now can we

The reality is that when a belief is more important then reality, bad things can happen (ie the inquisition, salem witch trials, Evolution (added for effect) etc...)

What a bunch of crap! I triple double dog dare you to: Explain how I'm wrong… PROVE… nothing I've shown discredits evolution. What I did show and prove is evolution has been and continues to be built off lies! You can't just say I'm wrong simply because you wish it so!

I realize you have to deny the truth about evolution because if you didn't your make believe world would fall apart... However, those of us who are interested in finding truth are not going to lay down so you can live in your hate everything and deny anything that discredits Evolution, simply because its your religion. Hell to the NO!

I love what I did to your last sentence because that equals truth! Evolution and the way you believers of evolution behave is just like the witch trials, the inquisition... Evolutionist are nothing but blind radical believers in a science that is mostly madeup make believe, lies and conjecture that is not grounded in hard science, PERIOD!

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to prove, for you to do, what you said you could!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I have looked at both sides, gone to church and may conscience will not let me believe in the nonsense that many church goers believe. I am not trying to say there is not a great creator, I just know that mainstream religion in America does not preach the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Is this thread over now? So the creationists lost (again), as they ignore the posts that clearly and plainly points out that EVOLUTION IS THE FACT ...
HOW IT WORKS IS THE THEORY.

First off I'm not a creationist... Second, you don't win an argument simply because you said so... If nothing else, this thread has proven once again how Evolution is not a FACT! I agree its a theory, or more correctly an hypothesis, that is not based in fact. All the crap that is spewed as facts are nothing but conjecture, speculation, or beliefs. What the arguments in favor of evolution are not is facts! They just aren't...period!

Now that that is cleared up... Now you can move on, nothing else to see here, move on people...

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I do believe that the American population is becoming less intelligent with each generation due to sexual selection. Look at the birth rates, established couples who are productive members of society rarely have more than 2 children and many highly intelligent people dont even reproduce. Then you have families who have litters of children who are never taught by their parents what is acceptable behavior. Of course there are exceptions both ways, but the results are hard to ignore. I have many friends who teach in the public school systems and they all agree. I may come across as a bigot for these views, but I know I am right. Sexual selection is favoring promiscious people.

You want to blame evolution being taught for causing this, when it is actually a concept of evolution that explains why there is a breakdown morals in today's society.

The only brainwashing that goes on is in the churches. Most scientists do need an imaginary parent figure watching over them to do the right thing.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join