It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

194 Pilot Whales with Dolphins Beached in Australia - Big Earthquake to Happen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Amazing, I cannot believe you predicted a quake in Australia. S+F a million times over.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What I also just found, is a 4.7 by Perth, there is a "triangle going on in Australia.

M 4.7
Region WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Date time 2009-03-05 at 12:53:49.3 UTC
Location 30.2 S ; 117.85 E
Depth 10 km
Distances 274 km NE Perth (pop 1,446,704 ; local time 20:53 2009-03-05)
302 km NE Kwinana (pop 20,086 ; local time 20:53 2009-03-05)
198 km NE Northam (pop 5,855 ; local time 20:53 2009-03-05)
More seismicity information (Moment tensors, phases pickings, etc.)
Maps:

Global view Regional view Local view

References for tectonic plate boundaries:
Bird, P. (2003) An updated digital model of plate boundaries,
Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 4(3), 1027.

Google maps view: Seismicity from the previous 7 days in the area .

Regional instrumental seismicity

This seismicity maps have been generated by concatenating the ISC catalogue (since 1964), the EMSC Euro-Med Bulletin catalogue and the EMSC Real Time catalogue. Therefore, they show the seismicity from 1964 until the earthquake occurrence.

More information at:

USGS/NEIC Denver, USA
Geoscience Australia Symonston, Australia
List of data providers:

GeoForschungsZentrum (GEOFON), Potsdam, Germany (GFZ)

Witnesses Reports:

Contributions Map

you can see what is actually happening in Australia from this website:
www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Now this has got me thinking big time!

Great work! Flagged big time WOW

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Great work a usual!

I will also be watching the beachings in the future.

S & F!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well now,
It looks like we may have something to talk about here.
It does seem that it took a while to happen and it seems a bit far from the beaching, but I think the events are close enough to warrant a little more investigating, Everyone interested should also be following
The Melbourne Quake Thread
It is also interesting that for a quake that small the Melbourn people are descibing quite a shaking, some distance from the center. I will be following both threads

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ok, so the quake was melbourne!!! awesome. spot on whales and dolphins!!!

www.seis.com.au...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Since you mentioned the other thread...

As I just said over there, any quake in the 5.0 range is terrifying. Anyone who felt this quake was probably scared s-less. At that magnitude, you get the feeling that everything is completely unstable, including the building you just happen to be in at the time.

But yeah, this is one of the finest threads I have ever seen on this website...
100% spot-on prediction.

I still think it is the magnetic field, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I have to agree that both could be caused by a change in magnetic field.
We are seeing it worldwide in the bird population.
The animals that depend on this way of navigating are having a hard time.
May be a series of magnetic field events.
It's worth some serious research.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I think it is TOTALLY worth some scientist - Researching THIS angle, I do not understand WHY they never have!! Seriously!! WHY... haven't they looked at beachings and quakes with the data between the two? Especially such a Large beaching! It makes sense, imagine sound waves under water of the earth grinding...... that would cause such pain to them. I am still thinking something Much Bigger will be happening in that area within 5 days. We will see..... I am also keeping my eyes opened for anymore beachings down in the area. I posted some of the same data - I have posted here of quakes in Australia recently in the Melbourne quake thread. I would love to know if there are more things happening with animals there, I wonder if kangaroos are acting strange etc..... I think it would be a great idea for Aussies to keep their eyes to the paper about weird wild animals occurances.

That is just my thought. I sure wished geologist and marine biologist would look at these angles. It could actually help people if they took a SERIOUS look at some of these things!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I think it is TOTALLY worth some scientist - Researching THIS angle, I do not understand WHY they never have!! Seriously!! WHY... haven't they looked at beachings and quakes with the data between the two? Especially such a Large beaching! It makes sense, imagine sound waves under water of the earth grinding...... that would cause such pain to them.

It could actually help people if they took a SERIOUS look at some of these things!

There is one thing I have had to painfully learn about "some" scientists.
They can live in some very small boxes for having such big brains.
I have some amazing highly intelligent friends and family members who are scientists. Sometimes just mentioning something outside the box will set them a reeling.

Sometimes it takes a layman with their "common sense meter" in tact -
that make the most important and feasible discoveries.

Big disclaimer here - NOT ALL SCIENTISTS - are this way -
just some that I have come to know and love.

Thumbs up on the thread!

[edit on 6-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

To some scientist is might seem too "esoteric" to correlate the events.... but when the "experts" don't look at the BIG picture of "everything" when it really does seem like common sense, to do that.

It will just take all of us (on ATS), to keep looking out for those type events and we can all become more aware and put two and two together.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Yes I have been following the Melbourne thread as it seems thats where most of the action is about this.

I think your thoughts on the magnetic factors involved are dead on. and the huy with the dog behaviors ties into it as well.

I wonder how many miles away those whales were beached? But I suppose the could sense some magnetic changes for a very far distance, as the guy with the dog that was only acting weird for a day or so before the quake, and also that the dog is on land.

I first commented on the quake being small only because it wasn't huge. I do agree that to be anywhere near a 5 would be freaky, when I was a kid in Illinois (Wheaton, 45 mins from Chicago) we had a small quake, I don't know the magnitude but pictures came off the wall and it was a unique type of fear.

I do think there is something to these being connected. I think magnetic theory has merit

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Amazing.

As soon as I heard about the Melbourne earthquake I thought of this thread I read earlier.

Now I will S&F

Good work, in spite of some serious doubts in the thread by a few that said it would not be possible...it seems you were actually right.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Volcano is being to erupt in Indonesia

link: in.reuters.com...

Indonesia has raised to maximum its alert on the Mount Semeru volcano in East Java, warning of potentially dangerous lava flows, an official at the country's vulcanology centre said on Saturday.

The 3,376-metre (11,080-ft) Semeru is one of the most active volcanoes on Java island. Seven people were killed by the mountain's heat clouds in 1994.

The alert status was raised on Friday afternoon after the number of volcanic quakes indicated there may be a bigger eruption, said Surono, head of the country's vulcanology centre.

"We don't want to evacuate residents around the mountain, but we warn those carrying out activities such as sand mining to avoid rivers because of lava flows," said Surono, who goes by one name like many Indonesians.

Related to beachings?????? More to come???

Watching for more events.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I found this article out of New Zealand - saying beachings and earthquakes possibly connected!

link: www.nzherald.co.nz...

You might think it's a pretty wacky idea. But it's got currency. Yet is it true? What is true is that on December 4, three weeks before the earthquake off Indonesia, an Indian academic, Dr Arunachalam Kumar, professor of anatomy at Kasturba Medical College at Mangalore in Karnataka, posted a note about a recent whale-stranding in Tasmania, and its possible implications, on a "listserve", an e-mail distributor, hosted by Princeton University.

About 120 whales stranded and died in Australia at the end of November and 50 pilot whales died on a Coromandel beach at the same time.

Kumar is a well-known figure in India. An amateur naturalist of some repute and a prolific author, he is a larger-than-life character, frequently in the press.

"It is my observation, confirmed over the years, that mass suicides of whales and dolphins that occur sporadically all over the world, are in some way related to change and disturbances in the electromagnetic field co-ordinates and possible realignments of geotectonic plates thereof," he wrote.

"Tracking the data and plotting the locales of tremors and earthquakes, I am reasonably certain that major earthquakes usually follow within a week or two of mass breaching of cetacians [sic]. I have noted with alarm, the last week report of such mass deaths of marine mammals in an Australian beachside. I will not be surprised if within a few days a massive quake hits some part of the globe. The interrelationship between the unusual 'death-wish' of pods of whales and its inevitable aftermath, the earthquake, may need a further impassioned and unbiased looking into."

There's no doubt that he posted his note on December 4. To read it in the listserve itself, go to new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/nathistory-india.html and click on "December 2004". In reading it, many are likely to experience a rising of the hair on the back of the neck.

So some have looked at this and have related them, to Earth changes!

According to Chinthamani, the professor "wrote that he had made a five-year record of dates and locales of whale strandings, plotted their locales, and correlated them to occurrences of upheavals on land or undersea, and had observed a remarkable connection between the events. In fact, Kumar never mentioned anything as precise as a five-year record.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Australia does not get earth quakes - no fault lines as it sits right in the middle of its own tectonic plates.

Beachings are confused sonar - look for navy operations, chinese, us subs etc.

But AUS just got TWO EQ's....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Actually, they got more than 2, Perth a 4.7 was 3 days ago too.

I found this article, today. WOW - they just don't get it! Says human's probably caused the beachings.

link: www.commondreams.org...

"To get more than one species is unusual," he said. "When you do, you get more suspicious because it means that they might have been driven. It does make us worried. We are certainly going to call for a very thorough investigation."

Military sonar has been strongly linked to several strandings, particularly of deep-diving species such as pilot whales. Other human noises that could have frightened or disorientated the animals include industrial activities.

Another prime suspect among the possible causes is climate change, which scientists fear may be causing whales and dolphins to get close to unfamiliar coastlines.

Several species have migrations that take them close to the Tasmanian shore - 80 per cent of Australian strandings take place in Tasmania - and changes in water temperature caused by climate change could be driving them off their usual routes.

However, Dr Simmonds accepted that an explanation for the stranding could equally well be natural, such as the marine animals making a simple navigational error.

Factors leading to natural strandings are little understood but researchers believe that they are likely to be linked to group behaviour.

"Pilot whales are one of those species that do tend to feature in mass strandings, which is probably because they are a very social species," Dr Simmonds said. "Out at sea there's nowhere to hide but behind each other, so when one gets into trouble the others follow."

It is the fourth time in the past few months that a large stranding has taken place on Tasmania's coast. Chris Arthur, of the Parks and Wildlife Service, said: "This last summer has been a particularly demanding one."

Ninety-seven animals of two species - long-finned whales and bottlenose dolphins - were stranded in November 2004 on King Island.

Did you read the last line? Sooo.. one month BEFORE the large quake that caused a tsunami..... there were beachings.........

Let's think about this...... sound waves in water travel and amplify - for mammals that work on "sonar", and don't you think that the Earth at that ridge before it popped was grinding? That ridge popped and raised an enourmous amount at one time during the earthquake.... doesn't it make sense that there would have been movement way ahead of time... before popping?

I will keep searching for any new beachings of mammals.....and articles regarding them.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Great work OP!

I read your post when it was first published, and thought your research was very well done! And as much as this isn't a good thing that has happen to Australia, I'm really glad that there is some merit to come forth to back up your thesis for those a little skeptic of your claims. It's fine work like this that will hopefully inspire others to dig a little deeper into the unknown.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know theres a Cat 5 Cyclone about to hit Australia as well....

Mean anything? maybe? maybe not?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Another quake hit where the last one did today - 4.6M

www.abc.net.au...

An earth tremor has hit parts of Victoria and Melbourne's eastern suburbs for the second time in a fortnight.

Geoscience Australia says the quake had a preliminary magnitude of 4.6 and hit at Korumburra, about 100 kilometres south-east of Melbourne, at about 4:30 pm.

Initial reports said the tremor lasted between four and 10 seconds.

There seems to be, quite a bit of Earth movement in that area right now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join