It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

194 Pilot Whales with Dolphins Beached in Australia - Big Earthquake to Happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Australia does not get earth quakes - no fault lines as it sits right in the middle of its own tectonic plates.

Beachings are confused sonar - look for navy operations, chinese, us subs etc.

I am on the fence here. I read every post before I reply here. I agree with you on this that it could be a great possibility that the navies are playing around with each other. There has already been a few collisions and they have been kept outof the media. I cannot take credit for this idea, but I was thinking the same thing could be going on.

I also am interested in the earthquake theory as well.

Great thread.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

I would be interested in the Sonar theory also (and maybe it is a contributing factor... it would certainly disorientate an animal if not drive them completely insane) if it weren't for the fact that this thing has been going on for quite some time.

I still hold to the idea of magnetic ley-line divergence. The magnetic lines of the Earth's grid are constantly changing and I would expect that any significant outside influence could cause a momentary fluctuation in the grid. Causing animals near the coast to steer INTO the coast... Things such as a comet passing nearby (which recently happened)...
These events could also cause EQ's.... obviously.

Which would account for the seeming relation between the two.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreb13
Lethal Sounds | Narrated by Pierce Brosnan (5 mins)

heh. that does it Pierce! .. no more DoD funding for your uber-tech-spy-thrillers!

he was replaced recently wasn't he... hmmm

-

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm tired of people saying whales and dolphins are smart. If they were so smart, they would say where the water ends and the beach begins. Also, why not use some of your other senses, like your eyes...water good, sand bad. However, to say their intelligence is right behind mans is not really saying much after all.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I suggest you do some research on your statement. A simple search will reveal that you are indeed very wrong as an earthquake of a magnitude of 3.5 was recorded in the same region as recently as last month. Another site for a multitude of quakes is in West Australia, around 300 km NE of Perth.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think many things can contribute to whales and dolphins being beached...navy sonar, etc..

I think Navy sonar is terrible for the dolphins and the whales, too.

But a beaching of this magnitude, to me, sounds like more than Navy sonar. It sounds like the EM field and ley lines going off course.....and could be a precursor to massive earthquakes to come.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
this thread may be of interest to some...
Beached Dolphins and Whales; Related to Bird Deaths?

I started that thread in the beginning of 2007 when there was a large number of beachings, then I revisted it again in the beginning of 2008 and then during the summer, but now it's the same time frame in 2009 and we're seeing similar activity, so I have to wonder if there is a correlation or a pattern forming..
It could be a seasonal thing either natural or "unnatural" that could be causing the beachings.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I wonder what the "seasonal" effects of the Earth tilting on its axis is in regards to the Earth's magnetic field?

I'll have a look.

"Strong interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) and seasonal effects in the convection of nightside ionospheric plasma are described. " adsabs.harvard.edu...

I'm not a scientist by any means, so I am probably off base here... But what I read above is that seasonal effects on night-side ionospheric gasses has a result on the Earth's magnetic grids.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here is a map from USGS.gov of recent quakes.

BFO

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I don't understand why they don't put two and two together.

2009 02 11 - Kepulauan Talaud, Indonesia - M 7.2
2009 01 15 - East of the Kuril Islands - M 7.4
2009 01 08 - Costa Rica - M 6.1 Fatalities 40
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.4
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.6 Fatalities 5

2008 12 09 - Kermadec Islands region - M 6.8
2008 11 24 - Sea of Okhotsk - M 7.3
2008 11 16 - Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia - M 7.3 Fatalities 6

The above corresponds (with beachings) and shows the history of the past 4 months of large quakes - if I can see that, why can't scientist see it?

Since the Earth is like 2/3 Ocean, and on dry land the geographical area of heavily populated areas is rather small, the vast majority of big quakes go unnoticed by everyone except those who follow seismic sciences.

Also, the public is not privy to other things that might be going on when things like this happen, like maybe some navy's submarines went toe to toe and maybe even blew one or the other into oblivion. The shock waves from something like that might cause earthquakes and mass protests by the sea mammals - I mean, it might be possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It looks like where the beachings happen has some relevance to possible cause as well.

From Wikipedia,en.wikipedia.org...

Another proposed cause is that the echolocation system used by many whales can have difficulty picking up very gently-sloping coastlines.[4] This theory accounts for mass beaching hot spots such as Ocean Beach, Tasmania and Geographe Bay, Western Australia where the slope is about half a degree (approximately 8m deep one kilometer out to sea). The Bioacoustics group at the University of Western Australia has done research[5] indicating that repeated reflections between the surface and ocean bottom in gently-sloping shallow water may attenuate sound so much that the echo is inaudible to the whales. Stirred up sand as well as long-lived microbubbles formed by rain may further exacerbate the effect.

Sp places where there arent as many earthquakes may have beachings that are caused by something else entirely. But it looks like scientists are actually paying attention to the earthquake theory also.

A controversial theory, researched by Jim Berkland, a former geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, attributes the strange behaviour to radical changes in the Earth's magnetic field just prior to earthquakes and in the general area of earthquakes. Berkland says when this occurs, it interferes with sea mammals' and even migratory birds' ability to navigate, which explains the mass beachings. He says even dogs and cats can sense the disruptions, which explains elevated rates of runaway pets in local newspapers a day or two before earthquakes occur. Research on Earth's magnetic field and how it is affected by moving tectonic plates and earthquakes is ongoing.

And of course sonar is also suspected. It may end up being that the answer is;

D) all of the above.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Impreza

Whales and dolphins are sensitive to "sounds and vibrations" underwater. Just as there are some people who are sensitive to earthquake sounds on land, imagine what it is like for sea animals who use "sonar" to find their way. The earth emits "grinding" or plate sounds as it moves, so the whales and dolphins may be getting these sounds - which bother them and hurt them, so they are trying to get rid of the "sounds" by beaching themselves.

I am not a scientist, but it seems scientist should be looking at that aspect of the beachings.

To me it makes sense that whales and dolphins would be so sensitive to what is going on with the Earth, and the noise bothers them so tremendously, they kill themselves trying to "get rid" of the noise.

I have to agree 100% with you. That right there makes the most sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just a quick question....

Could the earthquakes near Austrailia be stirring up sediment from the ocean floor that could contain bacteria that would make the whales and dolphins sick?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Australia does not get earth quakes - no fault lines as it sits right in the middle of its own tectonic plates.

Beachings are confused sonar - look for navy operations, chinese, us subs etc.

Your comment that "Australia does not have earthquakes" is not correct. See here: www.seismicity.see.uwa.edu.au...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join