It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

194 Pilot Whales with Dolphins Beached in Australia - Big Earthquake to Happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
194 Pilot Whales have beached themselves with half a dozen dolphins in Southern Australia yesterday. Last month whales beached themselves a few days before a 7.2 quake hit Indonesia.

source: news.yahoo.com...

The 194 pilot whales and half a dozen bottlenose dolphins became stranded on Naracoopa Beach on Tasmania state's King Island on Sunday evening — the fourth beaching incident in recent months in Tasmania.

Strandings happen periodically in Tasmania as whales go by during their migration to and from Antarctic waters, but scientists do not know why it happens. It is unusual, however, for whales and dolphins to get stranded together.

In January, 45 sperm whales died after becoming stranded on a remote Tasmanian sandbar, even though rescuers worked for days to keep them cool and wet as they tried to move them back to the open water.

Last November, 150 long-finned pilot whales died after beaching on a rocky coastline in Tasmania. A week earlier, rescuers saved 11 pilot whales among a pod of 60 that had beached on the island state.

This round of beaching is the most at one time and unusual due to the fact both whales and dolphins beached together. Does that mean a "big" quake will be happening in that area soon?

If you follow the beachings and relate them to quakes they are in sync.

Why don't the scientist relate this also? They always say there is no "explaination" and they don't know why they beach themselves, but it seems to me, they should be able to link them. They always make some "excuse" for it.

It was not clear why the animals had beached on the island, halfway between Tasmania and mainland Australia. The Examiner, a Tasmanian newspaper, reported that the animals were caught by a very low tide.

I don't understand why they don't put two and two together.

2009 02 11 - Kepulauan Talaud, Indonesia - M 7.2
2009 01 15 - East of the Kuril Islands - M 7.4
2009 01 08 - Costa Rica - M 6.1 Fatalities 40
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.4
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.6 Fatalities 5

2008 12 09 - Kermadec Islands region - M 6.8
2008 11 24 - Sea of Okhotsk - M 7.3
2008 11 16 - Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia - M 7.3 Fatalities 6

The above corresponds (with beachings) and shows the history of the past 4 months of large quakes - if I can see that, why can't scientist see it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If a big earthquake is imminent, wouldn't the water at the beach recede? Whales and dolphins ending up on the beach is probably due to something else, I'd say.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

water receeds before a tsunami. It gets sucked out as it helps build the wave up and then it comes right back. earthquakes under the ocean can cause tsunamis but that isn't always the case.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I don't understand why they don't put two and two together.

2009 01 15 - East of the Kuril Islands - M 7.4
2009 01 08 - Costa Rica - M 6.1 Fatalities 40
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.4
2009 01 03 - Near the North Coast of Papua, Indonesia - M 7.6 Fatalities 5

2008 12 09 - Kermadec Islands region - M 6.8
2008 11 24 - Sea of Okhotsk - M 7.3
2008 11 16 - Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia - M 7.3 Fatalities 6

The above corresponds (with beachings) and shows the history of the past 4 months of large quakes - if I can see that, why can't scientist see it?

Help me out here, what exactly are you seeing?

What is the correlation between these quakes and beachings in Tasmania? None of these are exactly close to where the beachings occurred.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Whales and dolphins are sensitive to "sounds and vibrations" underwater. Just as there are some people who are sensitive to earthquake sounds on land, imagine what it is like for sea animals who use "sonar" to find their way. The earth emits "grinding" or plate sounds as it moves, so the whales and dolphins may be getting these sounds - which bother them and hurt them, so they are trying to get rid of the "sounds" by beaching themselves.

I am not a scientist, but it seems scientist should be looking at that aspect of the beachings.

To me it makes sense that whales and dolphins would be so sensitive to what is going on with the Earth, and the noise bothers them so tremendously, they kill themselves trying to "get rid" of the noise.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Interesting. I did a search on this before starting a topic myself, and could only find this thread from Nov 29, 2004:

100+ whales, dolphins die in australia beachings

As was ponted out by lernmore, there was a huge tsunami on Dec 25, 2004, another connection?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Ok, first on Nov. 12th 2008 - 150 whales beached themselves in the same area, 4 days later a 7. 3 EQ hit Indonesia

now - remember the hundreds of beached dolphins story last month?
It ended up they were whales....

link to "dolphin story" - www.cbsnews.com...

Hundreds of dolphins were trapped in shallow waters near the coast of Bataan province in the Philippines early Tuesday morning. At least three dolphins, one of them pregnant, were found dead by residents in the seaside town of Pilar.

Local officials say although a mass beaching is not unprecedented, it is the first time such a huge number of dolphins have beached themselves — an estimated 400 to 500, according to the Philippine Coast Guard.

That was on Feb. 10th - guess what happened ONE DAY later?

So - if you research the beachings, then watch happens with earthquakes in the general area, you will find there ARE links!

So, lets watch and see what happens in the next few days in that area.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Australia does not get earth quakes - no fault lines as it sits right in the middle of its own tectonic plates.

Beachings are confused sonar - look for navy operations, chinese, us subs etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I agree with the fact that animal are more in tune with the Earth then Humans are.

Sound waves move faster, farther, and louder in water... so imagine if a rain storm were coming and you were outside. It would be like a drummer beating next to your head for the entire storm.

Doesnt that sound painful? I would want to get out of there asap.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't see how dolphins and whales beaching themselves on the south coast of Australia can reflect what happens in waters way north of Australia.

Also, there are seismic activities almost non stop all over the world.

Here's a link to the USGS site showing all tremors in the past 7 days:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Unless you can pinpoint these beachings consistently with earthquakes I don't think they're related.

As others have said, a more possible theory is sonar from the navy or submarines.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The Philipines example looks like it might have merit, I'll grant that - they are fairly close to each other.

The others - I'm not seeing anything on your list that's close to Tasmania - there's a lot of ocean and/or a lot of land between all of the quakes on that list and King Island. I'd expect that beachings would occur closer to the quake zone.

Worth keeping an eye on, though.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Our Navy's new sonar is suppose to be pretty powerful. I think it's use is directly related to these massive whales putting themselves on the bank. I also agree with the previous poster who thought they were trying to get the high pitched frequency out of their heads. I believe the Navy upgraded their sonar program around 2004 for national security purposes.
From what I understand it is based on Tesla's HAARP technology by turning the ocean into a super low voltage energy field and using vessels as "ping" amplifiers to relay and pick up any foreign object in the ocean. Just my two scents.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Is it possible this beaching ties in with tonight and tomorrow's predicted 150km/hr winds, HAARP, and its supposed ability to push the jetstream lower to Earth with directional control of winds?

Does the beaching match the flow of current weather/energy patterns if you look at Victoria's current weather radar/satellite loop?

Just a theory.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

"From what I understand it is based on Tesla's HAARP technology by turning the ocean into a super low voltage energy field and using vessels as "ping" amplifiers to relay and pick up any foreign object in the ocean"

That sounds awful for sea creatures. Some sort of demented animal torture devise so that our military can sneak about the sea laden with nukes. Makes me feel sad actually the respect we afford nature.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

I would just like to point out that Yes we do have earth quakes here in Australia but nothing like what other country's get and nor do we want them

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'd go along with the sonar theorys personally. The Indian Ocean is probably the hottest part of the world right now as regards military navel operations.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I did not say quakes in Australia, doesn't it make sense, that whales and dolphins would want to get as far away from the "noises" that are hurting them. Also, Hawaii has been having some beachings besides many fish being found dead along the shores.

My point is, why don't scientist look at large quakes that happen within days of beachings?

There is a pattern.

When I have read about beachings - I have found within one week a very large quake has taken place in the general area of the world, to the beachings.

Why does it seem to be impossible to people, that ocean mammals could be sensitive to what is going on with the earth under the ocean? If plates are grinding.... it makes sense to me, that mammals would hear it and be affected by it.

edit to correct spelling

[edit on 2-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The worst place to be in an earth quake would be in the ocean. Wouldnt that be like somone punhcing the glass to the aquarium? Some of the vibrations that go through water would resemble low soundwaves. Wouldnt that only affect marine life with echolocation. Imagine the cavity in your head used to make sounds vibrating to a massive earth quake.... it would drive you insane.... id probobly beach myself to just to avoid the pain.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I'm with you on this theory and I'll be watching for it...not that I want something bad to happen, but, it seems "logical" to me...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Beachings and High Power Sonar seem to go hand in hand. Check out this video about Lethal Sound :

Lethal Sounds | Narrated by Pierce Brosnan
Deafeningly loud sonar is a proven danger to marine life, but its use throughout the world's oceans is spreading. This powerful movie makes plain what sonar does to whales caught within its range, and explains how whales, dolphins and other marine animals can be protected from deadly sonar. Watch the short movie, then follow the link below and demand action

Lethal Sounds | Narrated by Pierce Brosnan (5 mins)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join