It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Language of Universal Symbols Discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Scientists have apparently discovered like symbols scattered throughout several areas of the world Dating of these symbols showed that they were made over an extended period time, beginning around 1700 BC.

Locations include Colorado, Israel, Australia, Yemen and South America. Whats really strange to me, is that they say the translations tell the same story.

Researchers say this possibly points to a common ancient language.
Something, I bet, some posters here have been preaching for a long time.

I think, instead of a common language, maybe one civilization, that really got around and left its mark. Literally.

Atlanteans anyone?

Or maybe the Tower of Babel isn't as far fetched an idea as it first appears.

Link

(this is my first post, forgive me if I smashed board etiquette to hell and back)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Woah, nice find!! just woundering how legit that is? no other sources ive found have talked about that yet >.< so there was a universal language, maybe it started in one area and moved out -_- like people went on boats and rafts to other countrys/places an took the language with them :| dunno thou -_- i'm not in the "know" about this sort of thing
! it's quite intresting really!

ps:star+flag.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Great find for a first post, have a star

I would like to see a few more sources for this, but if its true then it certainly pushes forward the idea of an advanced civilization spreading its message globally. Hopefully there is more to come on this

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Strangely, both the writing in Colorado and Yemen spoke of a similar event, possibly related to the Sun, which was prophesied to change human civilization. Subsequent translations of sites in Oklahoma, Australia and South America have added more details about this future event.

Wow. That really struck a cord w/ me. 2012? Our suns alignment? Mayan calendar?

Great find OP. Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Butcherbay

Cool find

The petroglyph from sumer, has what appears to be an aligator man in it, and the scandinavina petroglyph contains a scene that is reminiscent of a cow being worked on by a mechanical device.

Imagination ?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I personally do not see how they can all be connected. Some differ too greatly for me to consider them having been the work of the same civilisation.

Some do clearly state similarities, especially those across the Americas which would seem to suggest travel across that continent but further afield into the other continents I am not seeing too much in the way of similarity.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That is very iinteresting. Do you have any links to other site(s) regarding these petroglyphs in other areas? i.e. the scandinavian , or sumer petroglyphs

Excellent find

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Very interesting, I would love to see a more in depth article or paper on this find. Native American language on the east coast of the USA and Gaelic language have many similaritys also.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
double post dagnabit!

[edit on 2-3-2009 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Hello everybody !

I found 2 links with translations for these symbols.

link1

link2

Not sure what to make of it but it really looks like some kind of prophecy.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Actually I was hoping someone here might know more, I check that site - dailygalaxy.com on a regular basis and have never known them to post BS.

Still, I would really like confirmation from another source as this seems like a blockbuster find to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
One of these so called sites in South America is in Rio, Brasil. On one of the big rocks/mountain (though not quite), Its called Pedra da Gávea or Gavea rock

It just so happens that I used to live in Rio and that I used to climb this rock once every couple of months with friends.

I lived in Rio for 4 years, and only towards the end did I hear about these inscriptions.

Anyhow, I did my research and went up there several times to find them but I never had any luck

Most of the locals and historians think that they are rumours only.
However, it has been said that this rock was carved to look like one of the Phonetician kings, and depending on the angle you can kinda make out a face.

Here is a link to a wiki page which shows the face and the apparent writings, however, no actual picture....

Wiki

And here is a picture from my Apartment, just in case no one believes me lol
(Not that I am in it mind
) The Favela in the foreground is Rochina, its the biggestest single favela in Brasil

And this one was taken from the top by me
- Again I'm not in it, but nice view none the less
The mountain in the foreground is Pedra do Dois Irmãos or Two-brothers rock. To the left is Rochina again, and at the front is São Conrado.

Beyond that is the Lagoa (lake), Ipanema and Leblon Beach and in the background, Copacabana and Pão de Açúcar (Sugerloaf Mountain)

Sorry about the poor quality

Here are some very good further reading links which may be of great use to you, they go into further detail about the tombs etc

Viewzone - Gavea 1
Viewzone - Gavea 2

And a Brasilian Study that was performed on the mountain regarding the possibilities of a find (Very interesting) - Its translated by google)

www.almacarioca.com.br..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Brasilian Study

I hope this helps

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButcherbayI would really like confirmation from another source as this seems like a blockbuster find to me.

Happily, we have some rock art folks on the site, so this won't go long without being critiqued. I'd like to see what's been published on the subject, as it's one thing to note similarities in symbols, it's quite another to 'de-code' the message without some key. Think Rosetta Stone.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, speaking as a former journalist and long-time science writer, I have to say this story is specious.

The article makes innuendo, backed up only by some amateur archaeologist.

While the first source is legitimate, he isn't saying there was a universal language ... If you read it carefully, he says the symbols he studied were "proto-Canaanite."

Then, all of a sudden, you have this "amateur archeologist" being quoted ... saying there is some sort of ancient universal language, insinuating the two sources somehow agree ... this is an old tabloid journalism trick ... you quote a good source and then inject comments from some questionable source back-to-back, making it appear that their comments are mutually supportive ... at any rate, it is bad journalism.

Anybody can see through this sort of thing ...

Joe the Skeptic

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
First off, good first post, Star and flag.

Second, the longer you hang around here, the more weird coincideces you see.

Strangely, both the writing in Colorado and Yemen spoke of a similar event, possibly related to the Sun, which was prophesied to change human civilization. Subsequent translations of sites in Oklahoma, Australia and South America have added more details about this future event.

I have read many things on here and I have seen this crop up more and more. From jumps in evolution, attempting to be linked to Earth's magnetic pole shifts, which are in turn linked to the son's phases.

In the Electric Sun model, the Sun could dissipates it's energy to the planets, the planets to it's inhabitants.

Not saying all this is true, just that the more I read, the more coincidences I see, from a number of different fields.

Thanks, going to go and look for a translation of what they say.

EMM

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would suggest reading this:

www.mondovista.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This guy is a professor for Brigham Young University, and I can find no legimate research done on the matter other than what he and Dann W Hone have done. Knowing that the Mormon church claims that Jesus lived in America and that the indians are some lost tribe of israel, it's not surprising that this professor seems to find evidence to support this when no other archeologist ever has.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It doesn't susrprise me at all if this is true. Let's face it we as a race work a lot on theory/theories.

One thing I thought interesting was when the article talked about the Sun. I have taken notice that the Sun seems to have changed in it's brightness/brillance in the past few years and in my lifetime experiences with said beings I know that light is used to make you feel warm and relaxed......... they use it to heal and what a better way to heal this race then using the Sun for all.

Just some connections I try to make and as they say when things are meant to be, they willl be.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Nice find

I got interested and did a small search and found this place in Sweden,

The King's Grave near Kivik.In both construction and in size—it is a circular site measuring 75 metres (246 ft) in diameter—this tomb differs from most European burials from the Bronze Age. Most importantly, the cists are adorned with petroglyphs. The images carved into the stones depict people, animals (including birds and fish), ships, lurs being played, symbols, and a chariot drawn by two horses and having four-spoked wheels.

This is the pic from the burial ground of the petroglyph

Notice the Omega symbols on the petroglyph , i`m no historian, but was it not years leater when the Omega symbol came to use?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is rather interesting. My only problem is that I cannot find any other information to collaborate this with. In my Google searches everything I am finding is citing the same article the OP has posted. There are no other pictures that I could find (granted I spent only 15 or 20 minutes in my searches). The picture that is shown is awfully well defined and bright for something 3700 years old, I would have expected time to be a little more cruel than that, it looks as if it might have been drawn within hours of the picture. I am not saying it is a fake, because I honestly do not know, but I will say that almost everything I find here or on other sites will usually be able to be verified by at least 6 or 7 other sites, that is not to say they are legit, just that they have other sources available.

If this is in fact legitimate, what does it really mean? There could be many explanations that make sense. From a biblical perspective, I think this time frame would fit with the great flood; so it could be that more people than Noah made ships and ended up all over the planet. Or it could lend credence to the tower of Babel story. From the alternative perspective, it could be a link to Atlantis. It could say that 3700 years ago that the continents were either still touching or separated by small areas of water and our ancestors migrated around naturally. There are so many possibilities that without more evidence it would be impossible to do anything other than speculate or wish what it implies.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by The Anti-Federalist]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join