It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears Song Subliminal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I agree wholeheartedly, believe me, but it just seems to be the norm now where at one time it was more for shock value. It's like this black hole of immorality that, for our children, there's no escape from.

There's hardly any innocence left in this world and it's really sad.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not one to get worked up about song lyrics, typically. I remember laughing at all the kids in the late 80's, when I was a little skateboard punk, who's parents wouldn't let them buy Guns n Roses-Appetite For Destruction album because the F word was in it a bunch of times.

My mom allowed me to have it because as she told me once, she's sure I hear those words all the time amongst my peers. I thought that was cool of her and swore to myself that I'd be that sort of cool parent someday too. But this is a little different, in my opinion.

Ms. Spears fans are mostly teenage girls and worse, the so called 'tweens' (11 and 12 year olds). This is not the right message for that crowd. If I had a daughter, cool or not, I would not allow her to own this album. I would simply not have my little girl dancing around, singing these lyrics.

I believe that pretty much all 'pop-music' is garbage. But when a new song emerges that is such an obvious stripclub number, it shouldn't be sold to kids. Of course, that won't stop them from getting it anyways but we do what we can regardless because we know the effort is still worth it.

And as GrandIllusion pointed out, April Wine did something similar with lyrics way back when, but the difference is, they were aiming their albums at a slightly older crowd. One that already had it on their minds. Not one who was just having such ideas implanted.

I'd say I've lost some respect for Ms. Spears but well.....I don't really see how that would be possible.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Britney Spears, harbinger of the apocalypse.

Whatever, I'd still have coffee-cake with her.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Britney spears probably couldn't even spell subliminal...she just badly sings to lyrics put in front of her pretty little face while the vocal fixer 3000 tries to filter out the dying cat sound.

Most pop artists don't write their own songs and if they do they write maybe 2-4 and the the rest are written by professional songwriters. And even on the songs where the artists get the writing credit, they still get help with people writing with them.

If it was a conspiricy it would be simple to plant somebody in the industry as a song writer and another who works with the song writer as a sound engineer and you could put as many subliminals into songs as you want. It's not that hard to do, but the more important question is WHAT is the motive.

At this point I'd say its more of a WHAT is the motivation and purpose behind subliminals rather than IS is happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
Britney Spears, harbinger of the apocalypse.

LOL. But wouldn't that require some origional ideas to pull off? LOL.

And to the OP, I can't really call this subliminal, since she literally spells it out. Just a play on words. I think it's far to in-your-face and obvious to be called subliminal. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From the perspective of somebody who does music and loves music. That is kinda for lack of a better word brilliant. It's a creative side in artists that always makes them want to see what can and can not be done. What they can do and get away with musically and with lyrics.

From a creative aspect I found it pretty cool and funny. But yea too market that too young kids is just so morally wrong. But you need to understand she came out when I was in like 8th grade ( 1998-1999) so those young fans from then have grown with her and are now older ( 19-27 or so ).....Her music isn't really for young kids any more. It used to be more inocent and now she got sick of that. Any artist would. So no she does music that she can relate to and older people can relate to now.

Some people still have it stuck in their heads that she is an Entertainer for 7 year olds.

She does not market her music for that audience. The music label does !!!! Because they don't get a rats butt about it and they know it will make money. Blame the people in charge for ever letting it get this bad. The artists are just doing what they are allowed to do.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

It is subliminal because millions of people actually think she says "if you seek amy" and that it's innocent.

It's not and it's disgusting.

Only those who are "ready" to hear and know the truth can see through the bs.

What appears to us to sound "obvious", oh but that isn't a subliminal because it's obvious, is wrong because it IS a subliminal since millions of dumb people don't hear it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I brought 3 people into my room and played them the song. 2 girls did not hear the F me, and the guy did hear it. It was kindof funny trying to explain it to the girls.. they just didn't get it. I personally think it is so blatant that the 'real' lyrics really don't even make sense.

All of the boys and all of the girls want to If You Seek Amy.

What the hell does that even mean?!?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The way she says the words, it doesn't sound as if she were sounding out letters at all.

This is not so bad. She's saying that she's fed up with superficial Hollywood types and she's looking for real love.

At least she's not saying "I want to If You Seek Kay all the boys and girls" like Christina Aguilera or somebody would say.

The name of the album is "Circus" and you can find credits on Wikipedia. A song that I like particularly is "Mmm Papi" which is one of only like three songs that were actually written by Britney Spears herself.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join