It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldiers To Come Home to Desperity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Our men went off to fight and only hope to come home to the same place they left from, it isn't the same, we are swirling in the toilet economically, with such a great wish to be back home, to find they have no job to go to. Manufacturing taken almost a fifty percent dive in our country, I feel for these young men, They truely got ripped off by loss. The guys who came home from ww2 came home to good times, not so now is it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Most are active duty, so they will still have a job when they get back. As far as the part timers, they make plenty to hold them steady for a year. That is if they didn't waste it on trips during R and R.

An E4 maxed in years in service and grade pulls in about 2000 a month if he is single. Top that with hazardous pay and it almosts doubles. So lets say they made 48,000 if he was there a year. I can live on that for a year.

Now if that soldier is married then he pulls in almost 5000 a month. Give him the same hazardous pay and add seperation pay he is pulling in almost 10,000 a month. That is 120,000 a year. I could live on that for a couple of years.

The single soldier scenerio is pretty much on target. I'm not sure how close I am on the second one. I'm probably off. But you get the point.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You are 100% right.

This will not go over well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There will be plenty more wars to fight given the latest rhetoric towards Iran...sounds much like the pre-Iraq build up.

With the world's economy in tatters, thanks to banksters in the US and Europe, we are bound to have a world war to build economic growth again. Personally, I'd rather be unemployed than having to experience this.

top topics

join