It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Obama helicopter security breached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Report: Obama helicopter security breached

www.msnbc.msn.com

A company that monitors peer-to-peer file-sharing networks has discovered a potentially serious security breach involving President Barack Obama's helicopter, NBC affiliate WPXI in Pittsburgh reported Saturday.

Employees of Tiversa, a Cranberry Township, Pa.-based security company that specializes in peer-to-peer technology, reportedly found engineering and communications information about Marine One at an IP address in Tehran, Iran.

Bob Boback, CEO of Tiversa, told WPXI-TV: "We found a file containing entire blueprints and avionics package for Marine One, which is the president's helicopter."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It never seizes to amaze me how careless people can be. People put in charge of housing important blueprints and avionics information overlook a file-sharing program? How does that happen are they completely dense?

I bet there is a mountain of information that has slipped through the cracks due to terrible management and security.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
How are Marine One's heli specs in Iran not surprising?

Speaking of security... I was under the impression that the news team that covered the presidential parade (yeah yeah, I know..which one?) carelessly aired to any potentially interested parties, the armored car specs-and thus it's weaknesses. Now they are gonna HAVE TO re survey to make sure things are error free.

The wheel wells for instance. The close up on the wheel wells had me thinking of the proximity of the back seat. The close up on the wheel wells coupled with the speaking of the newscaster, had me thinking that the wheels wells were not armored. The fact that I could see the wheel wells... tends me to believe that a sniper could see the wheel wells. It is the armpit shot. I hope they fix it, it it needs fixing. Ie: if it isn't armored there.

If it isn't-tisk tisk! How embarrassing.
If they are-I thought all that for nothing.

Not that I think those thoughts for myself-just that I am aware that others think those thoughts, and as such, I think them in that context.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Probably the 5th time posted today...take your pick:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
or it could just be another excuse to demonize iran
the report is from main stream media so i would question it's validity,'a company that monitors peer to peer networks' i'm not buying it.
sooner or later iran is going to get attacked.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Please post in the ongoing discussion...

Marine One blueprints and avionics leaked to Iran through peer-to-peer network

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join