It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magical Creatures

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Peace Merriman Weir, there is also a place for the light-hearted stories off the wee folk as well as for those of a darker nature. Every thread does not need to be a homework assignment, book report or college thesis. all of the world of fae and all aliens, and yes, even us are one and the same.....creatures of God. The nature of the fae are most times determined by the attitudes they encounter, rudeness practically guarantees a "bad" faerie experience. You might want a 'light-hearted discussion', but it's because of people making claims about things they don't want to or feel the need to back-up that has made a few boards on this forum a bit of a joke at times - see threads about people claiming to be werewolves, vampires, Indigo Children &c.
Apocalypse Of Moses

The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament

R.H. Charles

Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1913
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

1 This is the story of Adam and Eve after they had gone out of Paradise. And Adam knew his wife

2 Eve and went upwards to the sun-rising and abode there eighteen years and two months. And

3 Eve conceived and bare two sons; Adiaphotos, who is called Cain and Amilabes who is called Abel.

Chapter 2

1 And after this, Adam and Eve were with one another and while they were sleeping, Eve said to Adam her lord: 'My lord, Adam, behold,

2 I have seen in a dream this night the blood of my son Amilabes who is styled Abel being poured into the mouth of Cain his brother and he went on drinking it without pity. But he begged him to leave him a little of it. Yet he hearkened

3 not to him, but gulped down the whole; nor did it stay in his stomach, but came out of his mouth. And Adam said, 'Let us arise and go

I offer this statement as evidence that Cain was in fact the first vampire. The province of Gévaudan is now the Lozere/Auvergne area in France and is known for its rugged terrain of sharp rocks, rugged mountain faces, inhospitable climate and boggy soil in the lower regions. The monster patrolled a wide triangular territory of about forty miles. La bête liked the marshy areas and when pursued would lead her mounted pursuers into mires which left them floundering and with no other recourse than to turn back.

Her preferred time to hunt was dusk, “the time between dog and wolf”.

Towns people reported seeing la bête suck blood from victims. Some she decapitated and left the body still standing. She was said to be able to also spit blood over encroaching pursuers. Her specialty however was ripping throats out of women and children
La bete (the beast) of Gevaudan killed 100 women, children and men, nearly toppling the Monarchy of Louis XV of France in the 1760's. In spite of military style hunts and the best wolf hunters in the world, La bete eluded capture and survived after being shot dozens of times. She certainly qualifies as a werewolf since most of the qualities known about werewolves come from stories of her. MrWupy knows bigfoot is real, so do i. I also know a bigfoot can morph into a werewolf in a heartbeat or just disappear. The beauty of a thread like this is we can say what we think without that "being on a witness stand" feeling. It feels good.

[edit on 013131p://am3100 by debris765nju]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe in characters that were written about in fairy tales and the other dark principalities. I often wonder why I am subjected to creatures that many people do not experience. I do not have any effect on when they come, but they usually are an omen of some type. Many creatures are parts of a particular culture and most of them were derived in Europe and handed down through literature such as gnomes, leprechauns and the like. Americans Indians have creatures that were handed down and especially the older Indians still believe in them and have had contact with them. I don't think a person has to be on mind altering drugs to have experiences with this type. A person with a closed mind will probably never experience anything, and they probably wouldn't admit it if they did.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by catamaran]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I remember as a kid seeing in some educational magazine for kids an article about Unicorns. There were several pictures which looked pretty convincing. I don't really remember too much about what was written but I seem to remember that the article was not like a tabloid piece (something with headlines like, Unicorns found! The myth is REAL!), which you would sort of expect if the Unicorns were real. Instead it was an educational article which was realitively straight forward. Like I say I don't remember, but the unicorns may have been bred (a crossbreed between horses and sheep?). this was maybe 20 to 25 years ago in Canada.
Anybody remember seeing stuff like this? Or is this just another hallucination?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.theequinest.com/images/unicorn-goat.jpg

I think the pictures were something like this. What is it you think?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I, I'm quite new to the site, so plaese be gentle!

I believe in Fairies and all the others. My older sister
swore she'd seen one when we used to live in Mobile
Alabama.
The house was large and relatives were all connected
in the movie business, so they were a little eccentric!

But my sister siad there was a small figure bathing in
the small stream that ran thruogh our garden.
She said the figure was about 6 inches tall.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One of my specialities is fay (faries/fay creatures like for example, black dogs, bean sidhe, etc), and I've spent a lot of time researching the mythology and legends of them.

IMO, yes they existed, and there are still instances of them appearing these days, and various issues they still cause in today's society, but for the most part, and I think the best ever answer to why they aren't as prominent is the author Terry Pratchett's answer - people have iron in their heads these days.

What I take that to mean is that people dislike the idea of magickal thinking, people trust technology and science, they don't honestly believe the idea of faries anymore, and belief is what causes them to be, so they have 'gone elsewhere'. Obviously, some of the creatures still exist, and again IMO they become what we want them to be, so what in the Dark Ages we might have called 'daemons', and what we called 'faries' are now possibly in some way, what we call 'aliens'.

Same thing, different epoch of human existance. Glamour causes us to see what we want, but given the similaries between what they did being small, pointy eared and beautiful, they now still do with grey skin and no ears.

If you have specific questions, I've probably got enough information to give references to other cultures and or answer them to a reasonable level, so let me know, but IMO, yes they existed, but we no longer 'need' them to be fay, they are now in a different skin, but still up to their old tricks.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This has to be one my favorite topics ever.
I am not into faries in the sense of tinker bell or the 16 year old fan girl that buys farie t shirts at hottopic.

The Fey Lore I love is the dark side the cannibalistic, baby stealing, human hating Fey.
That run and over turn their own governments with amazing battles of wars with magic and cunning manipulation.

There's just something about it that sparks a fire inside of me that makes me want to go to Ireland and set up camp.

I can't explain the feeling that I get from all the stories I read about them it's just something I can not explain and probably sparked by the child inside that wishes for something more.
I was never told "fairy tales" as a child well not the kind that actually had anything to do with the fey and I think that fuels my interest even more so and I am for sure going to read my children the less scary traditional tales of fey.

BUT the logical rational side of me say it's nothing more than a "fairy tale", but I can wish.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join