It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magical Creatures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What do you think about elves, fairies, gnomes, goblins, unicorns and other mythical creatures?

Do you think that any of these exist? And if they don't exist, why have we alway heard about them?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Elves, fairies and gnomes? Regarding their place in the War on Terror, I doubt they've anything to be afraid of. If weapons of mass destruction and Osama Bin Laden have been difficult to find, then these guys have nothing to fear whatsoever.

I find the idea of gnomes flying unicorns into the World Trade Centre an interesting one though. It makes as much sense as the 'official line'.

EDIT: If this post sounds a little odd, it's because this thread was originally posted in the 'War on Terrorism' forum.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No, it was the goblins who did that - they are evil.

Or maybe it was the gnomes?

Elves and fairies are the good guys.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And, by the way - what I am really trying to discover is why we were all told about these creatures - was it a huge lie? Or did they exist?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
No, it was the goblins who did that - they are evil.

Or maybe it was the gnomes?

Elves and fairies are the good guys.

No no no, goblins are neutral. Elves are good, unless you're talking about Blood Elves, in which case it could have been them.

Sorry, too much WoW.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hi Liquid - I have always thought that elves were the good guys - ugh so some elves are BAD?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
And, btw, everyone knows that goblins are evil.

This is a one-liner, so gotta say again that goblins are evil - just read "Wind in the Willows'.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think there is a strong possibility that all of these things have existed at one point or another throughout earths long long history (perhaps between natural disasters)and that myths are possibly just hidden history that hasn't been proven yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree, but why are we all told about these beings, if they don't exist?

I believe that at least some of them exist. I hope it is the good guys - elves and pixies.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalon22

I wonder why people are not truthful - if some of these creatures existed, why didn't people tell anyone?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

And, btw, everyone knows that goblins are evil.

This is a one-liner, so gotta say again that goblins are evil - just read "Wind in the Willows'.

It's been a few years since I read it, but where are the goblins in 'Wind in the Willows'? Are you somehow getting confused with weasels, who are the chief villains in 'Wind in the Willows'?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yes, they are the goblins - and totally evil.

I am still waiting to hear why our parents lied to us.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
All of those creatures have there roots in the psychedelic experience.

Elves and fairies are a common theme of hallucinations (natural or drug induced).

Have you ever noticed how christmas cards or old dutch artwork never has elves far away if not on top or underneath mushrooms?

Like This: gnosticmedia.com...

Terrence Mckenna wrote a book on the subject, its a free read at Scribd.

Check it out - www.scribd.com...

The web and youtube are filled with tons of info regarding the relationship between psychedelics,aliens and elves and how the various archetypes have been interpreted throughout the ages.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
gotta say no drug experience.
Gotta say it again to avoid a one-liner.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think they definitely exist. I think some people call them elementals because they are supposed to represent a single element (for example gnomes are Earth elementals).

Pretty much every culture has them in one form or another.

Children and people who open their psychic centres with drug use can see them, but very few (sober) adults can.

Manly P Hall gives them a run-down in The Secret Teachings of All Ages.

And goblins are most definitely evil. Unless they are tamed, in which case they become hob-goblins

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi Evil -Yes. defimitely Goblins are evil.

Bring on the fairies/pixies.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yes, they are the goblins - and totally evil.

So, the weasels are really goblins? Can you point to anything to back this up or are you just pulling this out the air?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

And one more thing...who says our parents lied to us? Probably they didn't know about the evil goblins. Perhaps they were hoodwinked by the establishment.

Luckily we had Enid Blyton to put us right.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They were called "fairy" tales for a reason. Aside from entertainment they were used as admonishments to children to mind their parents and to not wander off in the forest. The world was a totally different place then and the wilderness areas were really wild. Small defenseless children were definitely on the menu. The big bad wolf was truly a creature to be feared. Before electricity, light was provided by candles made of animal fat, it gave a small flickering light that gave life to the shadows. Outside the confines of your shelter darkness reigned supreme and frightened minds gave birth to the creatures of the night.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I think it's about control. The powers that be only want you to focus on the tasks of this day and age, anything else is considered to much of a distraction. They don't want people who are capable of critical thinking. They just want you to wake up, punch the clock and go back to bed and repeat. But I'll bet my bag of majic beans that at some point all these things existed at some point in our galactic history. They keep the myths alive just in case there is any disclosure to be had in the future.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join