It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigos and coping with jobs, adulthood, "real world" etc

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You're just asking to get flamed, lol. Many adults don't care frankly about anyone elses plights except their own. Many adults also seem to enjoy bashing the younger generation so with those two tendancies there'll probably be a lot of opposition to your thread lol.

But it is interesting the differences between the younger generation and the older. Not indigo-ness specifically, but the younger generation does seem to demand more fairness in the work environment. An older family member of mine works like 50-60 hour weeks and only gets paid for 40 hours because its a salaried position. A lot of the younger generation seems opposed to that, where it is much more tolerated by the older generation.

I've ran into this much more than I would have liked but in general, there are a LOT of people that base what others can do, based on what they can do. And if you need or want something that they don't have and can't get, it can drive them nuts. I think it comes down to selfishness. I know someone who had a longterm illness in High School and was absent pretty often. Some of the teachers were absolutely awful to deal with, being gone for a test day and marking the test down 50% when the take it ect. The best thing I could describe it as is jealousy, but whats to be jealous about? I think the reaction is sort of similar with anyone confronted with something different that requires them to change.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Spiritually trained and enlightened people dont actually have a problem managing their life, dealing with the world and succeeding.

Escapists do.

The will to receive, aka ego, is all that exists in a person. They want to move from pain to pleasure, and from pleasure to more pleasure. There's a natural tendency for each generation to become more pleasure-seeking, its something that can't be avoided. An older generation is then fundementally different from a younger generation because they have different levels of egoism. One can use the world to an extent, and that might be satisfying for a time, but there is a point where the will to receive expands beyond the things of this world. Some might be content with the different sensations of the 5 senses, others desire something more.

We're all "escapists" to use your word, running from pain to pleasure. We always want to escape whatever state we're in, and move towards something better. To be content with where you are is impossible because you'll find something enjoyable and once you experience that state, you would have already moved.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm Indigo and I don't think that it makes me better than ANYONE else. It does not mean that I deserve any more than anyone else. It means that I have a tad more responsibility.

We have to "cope" just like everyone else. Really, some of the stuff out there makes Indigos seem like a superior race. And you know what happens when someone thinks that they are a superior race and deserve more.

Ridiculous. Being Indigo doesn't mean my family is safe. Heck, one of my parents is out of the job and the other might be and they are both very well educated. I can't afford college. Being Indigo doesn't mean I get anything better in the world. It just means that I can do more about it for myself and hopefully other people.

Pfffffffffft. Some "Indigos" out there really need to reevaluate their bases for calling themselves that. It's not like I get a keychain thingy and can go up to people and be like "Give me a job, I'm Indigo." "Give me a car, I'm Indigo." "Give me food, I'm Indigo."

If you do it right, you facilitate things yourself. Without outside interference. Like I have a 4.324 GPA and I didn't do it for my parents or a scholarship (didn't even get one) or so I could get a car or $20 an A like some stupid parents give. I did it so that I learn as much as I can. And then the GPA just happened and I really don't care because I'm not in a thousand AP classes, I'm not in any, because it creates human competition which I'm personally against. I took as MANY classes as I could and I will graduate with at least 6 extra full credits, and possibly more depending on how they count my electives.

I don't care if my life is difficult, I care if other people's lives are difficult. And I'm doing the best I can (teaching, tutoring, working with the administration at my school to make more options available for others) in the short term to help OTHERS.

I'm giving my old books and toys and clothes away for free to help OTHERS.

And if I don't get a car until I'm 30 I really could care less.

That's what Indigo means.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Nothing you just described has anything to do with being "Indigo" (whatever the hell that is).
Those were all traits of what I like to call a "Human Being".

I am so sick of all of these made-up, pointless, self congradualting, titles.

"Indigo"
"Star Child"
"Star Seed"
"light Worker"

This is nothing more than delusions of grandure.
It is a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel like more than you are.

It is the same thing I run across with Martial Arts.
I teach martial arts and have no tolorance with those who use the title "Master".
I find this mostly in Taekwon-Do. Soon enough, everyone uses the title master on the sign outside their business. So, guess what? You start seeing "Grand Masters". You guessed it, They are one better than "Masters".
But wait, there's more. The "grand Master had bettter watch out because look who's coming......The "Supreme Grand Master".

Aghhhhhhhh!!!!! Give me a break people. The second you declare yourself a "Master" you are immediately disqualified from being one. You see, there is a certain amout of humility that goes along with being special.
Everyone is ego driven and wants to be recognised for more than what they are. If you want to be special you need to rise above that.

I would veture a guess that "Indigos" are no different. The reason I know you are not "Indigo" is because you referr to yourself as such.
Ohhhhh and the fact that there is no such damn thing!!!!!LOL!!!

This reminds me of a saying I'd like to share.

There was once a man who was awarded the "Badge of Humility"
but he had it taken away because he accepted it.

Ther is another version that says "but he had it taken away because he wanted to wear it".

Either way, I hope you get my point.

If you truely want to be different than most people.....Stop your pissing and moaning,suck it up buttercup, go out and service others rather than your own ind..EGO.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DirkDiggler

The way I was told it, and continue to tell it, is that Indigo is the same as Gifted, which can be proven with an IQ test. And usually comes with some responsibility and typically learning can come more easily. Superhuman? Nope. More evolved? Not more evolved than tons of other people.

I'm not the one pairing it with a sense of grandeur. That's how I was told it and that's how I preach it, because it's the closest thing to reality out of the whole Indigo thing.

I wasn't rude to you, you know...

[edit on 3/8/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

No one accused you of being rude.
The point is,
You, and everyone else that calls themseves "indEGO" believes that they are somehow different than everyone else. I'll go a step further and say that you people believe that you are somehow better,more evolved,further along,higher or anything else that sets you a couple steps ahead of us mere mortals.

The issuse that you people will not address is the idea that if you were any of these things you would not only keep it quiet and stop going on and on about the trials and tribulations of being indEGO, but, you would also
never let the thought of being superior,better,higher,more evolved,etc,
cross your mind.

The very thought that tells you that you are advanced is the very thought that keeps you from advancing.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I wouldn't let my employees wear an ipod for indigo or safety reasons. (unless they were artists working on some tedious repetitive thing) How are you going to get any work done rocking out? What if someone needs to ask you a question? What if the phone rings?

Or worse, a fire alarm goes off. Imagine the fallout for management if you were found dead after a fire wearing your headphones because they allowed you to because of your special circumstances? They would be in deep poo.

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
My first response is find a job in a more alternative field or even in a natural food store.

Probably the way to go. I learnt a long time ago if a job annoys me too much, find something different. I worked for GM here (Holdens) and had a similar problem. I was surrounded with high voltage spot welding machines and the energy surrounding them affected me too. Now I have an outdoors job and will never look back.

Being extra sensitive is something I totally understand, but you must understand the majority of others around you won't understand. You need to find ways to work around this. Think hard and I'm sure you will find a solution that will bring you much more peace and happiness.

Originally posted by DirkDiggler
The very thought that tells you that you are advanced is the very thought that keeps you from advancing.

Very true. We all know things others around us don't, and others all know things we ourselves don't. You can always learn from anyone, regardless of how silly they seem. Assuming you can't learn something from someone because they seem less intelligent is your own loss.

[edit on 8/3/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DirkDiggler

Amen to that. I have to admit, even the most gifted people (mensa/hi IQ) people I have had the pleasure of meeting are the most arrogant, self important people I know. That may be smart in the scholarly sense but when it comes down to survival or basic life challenges they couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag.

Santa Clause - made up
Easter Bunny - made up

Indigo People - made up to set themselves apart from everyone else. Now I know that not all self proclaimed "Indigo's" are alike but it seems that for the most part from what I have read here and on the web is that they DO feel superior to the average person and that they should be treated as special. Im sorry but EVERYONE should be treated special and with respect not because it is owed to you or is a birth right but because it is EARNED. So far all I have seen and heard from the Indigo's is contempt and delusions of grandeur while demanding that they are treated special/better than anyone else.

Sorry I dont buy it.

so you're indigo eh? well im a burnt umber so there.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This has been an enlightening thread with many opinions. I did not know what an "indigo" person was until I red it. It seems to be just an example of human nature; the desire to rise above the crowd and be 'different and special.' Some people used tattoos and body piercings to stand out from the crowd....but now they are the crowd. Some think they are special because their parents told them so or they watched too many hours of Japanese cartoons and now expect everyone to believe their fantasy. Some want to be special and have talked themselves into believing the Indigo traits proposed by others who want to be special. This is akin to reading a horoscope and making general terms fit specific events.

Can someone who sees auras determine indigoship? Has anyone that has done something important for the world proclaimed their blueness?

To the person who says indigoness is associated with a high IQ -- how can a measure invented by the existing heirarchy determine the purported new heirarchy. What is the cutoff in a continuum of values? Are all Mensans Indigo or just green with envy?

You friend should clevery use his/her indigoness to outwit the authority figures in the office and cause them to want to move the desk.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am late to this thread. I am an Indigo child, this means I am somebody who is spiritual, who has very strong interests in Eastern relgions, who is quite a gentle and compassioniate soul, with the ability to heal others, who is aware of the changing times we are going through and feels that I have a mission or a role to play in this changing time, who feels as if they have been born on the wrong planet and cannot relate at all to modern culture, who thinks very deep about everything. I adopted this label because it described me so well, and not because I believe that I am a part of a new spiritual race who is special and above everybody else. Not because I wanted to use it to get our of work, college or whatever. I have not had my aura checked, so I don't know if it is indigo, violet or green. I certainly do not have any active psychic powers. As for my IQ, it falls in the normal range, perhaps just a tad above. I do not have ADHD, I am quite paitent and can concentrate when I want to. I do not look down on my peers, in fact I quite enjoy talking to them.

Labels are meaningless really. Indigo Child really does not mean anything, it's just name I adopted for this forum, and the name Indigo child appealed to me for various reasons. Others have selected fanciful names as well, if someone calls themselves ascended master, it does not mean they are claiming they are an ascended master. To me the existence of an actual super-race of Indigo children who have all incarnated in this time to help the world is irrelavent. I don't care for unfalsifiable things. But I certainly do believe that the next chain in human evolution is the birth of a spiritual human. I am not sure if I am that or not, and it does not really matter. I am here to live my life, just like everybody else in the world, and like everybody else I have many challenges to face.

Now, I want to say something to the so-called Indigo, star seed people. Don't let 'indigoness' get to your head. You are not better than others, and nor are you worse than others. Everyone is special in their own way. If you expect special treatment in society, then like every other group which has felt it has been discriminated against, you have to work for it. You are not going to get anything that you don't work for. This is not capitalist ideology, this the law of kama. If you want Indigos to be recognised as a distinct group you need to first prove such a group exists. Apparently, you guys have strong telekinetic powers, in that case demonstrate them to the world and establish their existence. If you want a more spiritual world, you will need to show the world the truths of spirituality. If you cannot, then your Indigoness means nothing. You're just another face in the crowd, and well, there is nothing wrong with that either.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

excellant post! starred.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I am lost. Is "Indigo-Ness" some form of social behavior disorder? ADHD or something???

EDIT-- nevermind, Indigo answered it two posts above me.

Though I must say, you frankly don't sound like some form of special generation .. there will always be people who prefer spirituality over others. Cannot say for the likes of the OP and some of the symptoms she described, it sounds like a behavior problem to me.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

You are not like some of the other Indigo posters here IC, I have absoultely no problem with anything you said. To you, it's a more state of mind thing, which everyone is entitled to.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
Unbelievable amount of disrespect in this thread. People need to follow their own words and not direct them outwards in such a negative way.

And, why on earth you would pull a definition from that website and expect it to be objective or remotely informative? I thought we denied ignorance? Not wield it as a weapon to hurt.

Asmus, I am amazed at the bashing going on here, and anywhere else on ATS.

I am one who actually pulled information from websites, no one else bothered to investigate, I am sure not to many posters even bothered to read what I found, but they seem to all have strong oppinions on the subject.

I did not bother to post, that new species are found everyday, that it is normal for the human race to evolve also, this new generation has a different liver to process junk food and poisons, their dna is different. The computer age has produced beings with much higher IQ's, 130 - 160.

Evolution continues to transform the human being from the state of an animal, into an ideal human that is so perfect that there is no way in which its manifestations could cause suffering or pain, but always emanates light onto its surrounding.

It is amazing how people feel threatened by evolution, the sad truth is we are not all the same, we all have different needs. Some people are much more human than others.

Herd consciousness, still prevails, I see many of you could start with your own evolution, find ways to evolve out of your selfish egoism, work on your "humanization process", learn to love your fellow human beings!

[edit on 18-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The more suffering a person has experienced, the greater understanding and sympathy for other people's situations in life.

Mayby some of you need, some grave hardships to discover the true good that is waiting to emerge inside of you.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
I did not bother to post, that new species are found everyday, that it is normal for the human race to evolve also, this new generation has a different liver to process junk food and poisons, their dna is different. The computer age has produced beings with much higher IQ's, 130 - 160.

I didn't catch your links for the liver and DNA differences, can you please post them again? The Higher IQ is not a evolution trait, more of an education trait.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It seems ironic to me that people who claim to be special, spiritually evolved souls are so concerned about themselves and their own sensitivities. This whole Indigo Child thing is an ego trap if ever I saw one.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I see indigos as people who don't believe, they just "know". The awareness is higher, understanding is higher and the difficulties they encounter are enormous.
The problem they have is the memory of the human race. People around them live according to the past. So, anything that is new, is bound to scare some people. Indigos live more in the present or their conscience, they are more creative.
Indigos don't comply to infuences as much as others. Influences start from the very beginning of life. The biggest problem they face is the awareness of the manipulation of their mind.
Indigos have psychic abilities that most others don't have. The connection to the source (higher mental plane) is open.
For some indigos, dealing with exterior influences may cause havoc around them. They are labeled as "not normal" or are ignored.
There are more and more of them, for they are the builders of the new race wich is to unfold in the very near future. Many of them will not be able to accomplish their mission, because the manipulation around them is too important.
But to those whole will overcome all of those difficulties, they will be the genesis of the new race.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

It was once popular among the New Agers to believe that this world would be saved by the presence of Star Children and Indigo children.

Though it may be true that there are children among us that are hyper-sensitive and have a true connection to the earth and all living things upon this earth many New Agers began to see traits in regular children that would under normal conditions be considered outside of the social norms. They embraced these behaviors and encouraged the children to be self centered and egotistical.

The problem that I have with this is their description of what identifies Indigo and Star Children. If what they claimed was true there would be a deep connecting of these children with those that are around them. These children would draw you in not push away.

If this world is in danger and only the young ones can save us then it will not be the children that are described here. It will be the children that dance at the edges that are barely seen and when they are seen they elicit feelings of joy and enlightenment not entitlement.

For those of you that believe in the abilities and the prophecy of the Indigo Children and Star Children I will remind of another prophecy; the one about the wheat and the tares

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz

Indigos don't comply to infuences as much as others. Influences start from the very beginning of life. The biggest problem they face is the awareness of the manipulation of their mind.
Indigos have psychic abilities that most others don't have. The connection to the source (higher mental plane) is open.
There are more and more of them, for they are the builders of the new race wich is to unfold in the very near future. .......

But to those whole will overcome all of those difficulties, they will be the genesis of the new race.

Sorry, but that is just a bunch of hooey!

You have no evidence to support any of those claims other than those of the indigo's themselves. Hardly a valid way of proving your point.

Oh, that's right .... they KNOW.

I would contend that for "we don't follow other's influences" that you claim, Indigo's very much follow what others have told them. To me they are very much suspectible to others beliefs, which is why they have identified themselves as Indigo's in the first place. They have been maniuplated into believing they are something "special", different from other humans. It's almost cult like in that respect.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join