It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigos and coping with jobs, adulthood, "real world" etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Indigo's Grrr lol

reply to post by HulaAnglers

The description on the ABOVE link of this Indigo description is ME 100% nearly.

I have lost too much in life for compassion, have proven on ATS where I could have made much money (look at brilliant minds of ATS thread) but I choose to care for someone who needed it instead.

I dont do authority very well at all esp from greedy people and resign.

I am a genius period, have done things in work when given a free hand never done before in 3 vastly different professions.

Indigobaby you should see the things I experience and see, the vibes I pick up on, the things I see coming.... the energies I can perceive sometimes....

I have real difficulties in boundaries and so always put myself at risk, out of the way for others etc.... Love is an REAL issue for me so I choose to be single to keep it sane at the moment...

Should have seen the childhood I had to be the healer within several families from birth almost...

Am I an Indigo

HELL NO... they don't exist..... its a New Age marketing trick, and way of parents who have badly behaved children trying to make them look good or "special" or excuse their self centered narcissistic attitude.

You see if Indigo's really existed like me they would have all the positive trait's, but without the "Selfish" bits and air of looking down on others.

Was Jesus an Indigo? he had many attributes of them....
Ghandi?

Oh no of course this new bread of "special" people are above even the cultural and historical Avatars of history, they can have all that as a "rite" without the daily service, practise, and Yoga etc, the new indigo God's can be all that and "Self Obsessed"

Shouldnt you of turned your cheek to the HR woman and asked her to place you next to the photocopier and Wireless hub? So another Indigo could move to just your slightly less contaminated desk?

Nope you see thinking you are very special without walking the walk of humility and actuality just shows the world what this is

Narcissism describes the trait of excessive self-love, based on self-image or ego.

Which unfortunately I have had to display some of here to get my point across. And is often encouraged and even imprinted on youngsters by their parents, just like all the little "Nazi" youth thought they were special and above everyone else, chosen.

A real Indigo which it is attempted to be dressed up as would never display self love and importance as all these little princess and Princes do. its probably darling because you watched to much TV as a kid, had stressed out parents, chemical and environmental pollution in your development and are like us all a casualty of modern like.

Yes you are special but so are we all. And as soon as you even start to forget or differentiate between you and them the label has no meaning anyhow.

I am sure you have forgiven me for I know not what I said anyhow, I can just feel that love and depth of compassion flowing from this indigo crew.

Funny that the 12 years Voluntary work I did getting awards from the queen when younger 5000 hours in community events, youth clubs,

All the paid work with special need children and in Psychiatric Units and such like, all those fellow workers, some unpaid NOT ONE INDIGO amongst them..............

Kind Regards

Elf

[edit on 3-3-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
This adulthood thing is like, rilly, rilly hard! Maybe for normals too, but being indigo doesn'T help.

1) Being indigo is NOT a sickness or a disease. ITS WHO WE ARE. Why can't they accept it?
2) It's not a religion or a belief system. Religion is FAITH. Indigo is KNOWING.

I'm finding lots of cases like this as I look around. The first mass wave of Indigos is entering the workforce and adulthood, and if businesses can't accomidate us they are going to find themselves looking hard for talented employees lol.

Put another way, when are Indigo rights going to be recognized as a real issue on par with race, gender, etc? It's an IDENTITY. We can't change WHO WE ARE!

Hi, first, i would like to say i like a lot some of the answers on this thread, specially the ones made by you
, seriously, hope you don't mind, i did a quick lookup and didn't see any response to the comments on this thread, or any other you have started since you joined, why is that? at first i guess is just because most of the people tend to reject the idea you have posted, but i would like to know your point of view on this.

Second, here you have some thoughts you may find useful:

- Don't ever again put the words 'indigo' and 'children, child, etc' together, in any way, sense, context, whatever, just don't, it sounds dumb and gives away a lot of the badly hidden intent of all this indigo thing.

- If you see yourself as indigo, and like to think you are, you are not a child anymore.

- If you see yourself as a child, and enjoy being a child, then you are not indigo.

- If you see yourself as a young adult who can't cope with the sudden lack of attention from the people who use to praise you and spoil you a few years ago, then you are indigo, but still, not a child anymore.

So here's what to do:

- Forget about all that nonsense, indigo children are the result of delusional parents that wanted to have special children, but movies usually stay on movie land, so forget about the whole issue and move on with your life.

- Join the X man, i heard they have a very nice school full of people like this, and very cute girls from what i have heard, somewhere, don't remember exactly, but do your research.

- If you have some special ability, use it to make the world a better place, help people, stop wasting your time trying to get others to help you go through life without doing any efforts, you should be the one helping out, not the other way around.

- Indigo children are not real, forget about it and move one!

-----

More seriously, here's my experience with this:

I have been born with some special gifts, nope i can't fly or go though walls, my eyes don't turn pitch black when i get mad and the elements won't obey me, although i have asked really nice they always ignore me, sadly.

My ability is this one: i can feel what other people who get close to me feels, i am sure you know what i'm talking about, there are lots and lots of people like me, sometimes, when i go to the movies and there's a lot of people at the line, i get very uneasy because i feel overwhelmed by all those people who are angry, worried, sad, happy, mad, etc.

And i use that as a powerful ally so that i can be happy and make everyone happy as much as i can, how? well, since i know how people are feeling, i usually know what to say to make them better, you know, after a while, you can identify those sensations and know what's going on, kind of like magic isn't it? and cool, lately i can also force someone to feel what i am feeling and change their mood completely even if they don't want to, just by getting closer to them, so i can actually sometimes manipulate people around me by using this.

I am no indigo child, in fact, what i can do, lots of people can do, and this have been going on since ages ago, there's no 'indigo generation', what you refer as indigo new adults are just the result of bad parenting, useless parents that didn't want to grow up and never actually took care of their children, and instead just gave them everything they asked so that things would be easy, and they could keep watching their crappy tv shows without kids bothering them, etc etc, you know what i'm talking about.

Since there are no indigos, there are no special right to look up for, there are no nothing, grow up, realize your life is going to be hell if you don't and realize you will never see your true potential in this life if you keep trying to feel special 'the easy way' and trying to make everyone believe you are special, because nobody will follow, and you will end up with a miserable, mediocre adulthood, which i don't wish you do.

So please give up on that and find your true self and discover your true gifts, nevermind the past, start all over again, this time, go for the real thing.

Well, this was a very long post, sorry for that, but i hope this is useful to you, and if not, well, its up to you anyway.

Good luck!

The first mass wave of Indigos is entering the workforce and adulthood

Just imagine that... thousand and thousand of people whining about everything and crying like babies when the coffee is not hot enough, when the bathroom is not free for them, and when their jobs actually requires them to work, unlike how they were told the world was gonna be for them...

Watch out for the big bad wolf..

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, OP here. Thanks to those of you with positive comments.

To those with negative comments, well, all I can say is that I've heard it all before many times and in many worse ways, all your insults roll off me like water off a duck's back, lol. When you know who and what you are, other's doubts inspire pity rather than anger.

I'm sorry not to have been more responsive in this thread to date but I've been a bit busy with some other stuff and only log in here several times a day. I enjoy hearing others comments and experiences, though, which is part of the reason I started this thread. In other words, it's not "all about me." I wnated to hear about indigos (I know they post here) and their experiences interacting with the "real world" as they reach adulthood and end up more intimately engaged with the tasks of daily life and contact (pleasant and unpleasant) with "normals."

I'm glad this thread has gotten many responses (even if a lot of them are typical negative responses) and I encourage everyone to keep posting. I will check in as often as I can and read every post to the best of my ability.

Peace and Starlove.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Indigo Starchild]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

As a "Normal" though I actually display all the attributes as displayed above and talked about in my post.... I am interested then if you would honor me with your "pity"?

As I have explained in my post on the top of this page I correctly fit every single criteria of an Indigo Label, some to huge extremes.

So we can guage our Indigoness against each other, and maybe I will then be able to actually raise my self esteem to your level and therefore actually call my self indigo to.

So please will you list an comparable of the following Indigo Qualities and things you have DONE to get a gauge if I am worthy of this, thank you.

Charity Work done duration and hours.

Self Sacrifice of time or money or prospects as your compassion for others was too strong to thing about yourself, oh and I mean big ones here.

How often you have not caught the bus/taxi home as you gave last money you had to Beggar or a friend without telling them it was all you had.

Amount of times you have actually been able really truley to know 100% what someone is going to say in total detail.

Seen Auras.

Understood where someone was really sick when manifesting physically and healed through therapy or subtly the real emotional cause, how did that cause appear to you in their emotional body? What does an emotional body look like?

Diffused an aggressive and angry dangerous person by thought or emotional "bombing" them in extreme cases.

Seen what animals are always talking to looking at in rooms when they seem preoccupied with blank space... what did you see?

Changed career path as what you were doing was not correct for all, was exploitative bad to the environment? PS which company do you work for what type of business?

I am sure you are a vegetarian? all that compassion?

What proof do you have of knowing something was going to happen when the entire mainstream said different?

etc etc

I could go on there are many Indigo's on ATS darling blosom Indigochild but the real ones would never call themselves that anyhow, and your sentence

I feel pity instead of anger

does I am afraid show the Emotional Intelligence quotient is way way below what "you" "indigo's" would really show if they existed.

Again as I have said I show all of the hallmarks why wont you speak to me, cant you feel my bond with you?

Why dont I think I am one?

What about all the other people always who are a bit like that, the percentage who are but without the narcissistic attitude, are we just "Them"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Honest curious question to Indigos:

Why did you allow yourselves to be incarnated in this day and age?

Or, once again, are you victims of consequence?

Please - help me understand this.

This is a complicated question but short answer is to be of assistance. there is a loooong history behind it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mischievous Elf

Great Post there Elf. Even though you don't seek it, thank you for your service to others and such. What goes around comes round, I like to think.

This is the one thing that baffles me about the whole Indigo movement. They claim to be so much more sensitive and attuned to the emotions of others yet they display the most arrogant and condescending attitude to those who "don't get it". For someone supposedly more advanced than the "average" person, those claiming Indigo status seem to display the poorest of manners and decorum.

It's always about the ME and not the WE. Some evolvement of humanity there............Maby DEVO was right.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by azurite

I'd love to hear it.

U2U me if you're able. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Is there some sort of ID card that you get at birth or a certification that you recieve at graduation? A university or college that you can go to to get an indigo diploma?

Where on earth did you get the notion that you are any different than the rest of us "Norms".

I am going to come out and call it what it is.

Delusions of gradure!!!!

Prove me wrong.

Let me guess, you have nothing to prove and time is on your side.
We will all see one day that you really are an IndEGO child.

Well guess what sweetheart, I am a Dolphin from the "fruitloop" star system and I am here on a special mission to debunk the indEGO children
so that we may usher in a new age of personal responsability where all of us will work tirelessly at our desks which will be placed very near high energy sources. It will be a glorious time indeed.

Thank you for poking your head up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i wil take a moment to apologize for an extremely SARCASTIC remark made. its not meant as a mean statement, but a generalization as to what my thoughts are as to the information ive read and assumed a group of people to be. MY FAULT. im a big enough boy to admit when im wrong. pretty rude in retrospect. again, my apologies. ill keep my mouth shut next time. my statement wasnt directed at any individual. rather a stereotype. ill take my beatings, or criticism however it may come. i enjoy these boards way to much to let my ignorance and " posting without thinking" to get me booted. again, my apologies. please u2u me if youd like to discuss my actions, or let me know how you feel honestly.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

whoa.....dude....whatever you said must have been real heavy. because thats gotta be the first time ive seen someone apologize after getting mod'ed.

not too many people around here do that ive noticed.. right on

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
wasnt real heavy. just pretty damn sarcastic and i could see someones feelings getting hurt. and thats not what im here for. one of those things where i should have put some more thought into. and in retrospect maybe looking for a laugh but didnt get it. wasnt meant for anyone imparticular, but still kinda crappy.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
From my own personal understandings I understand that if one is to be truly gifted in an "Indigo sense" one must first heal and know there oneself before trying to heal others.
That means that one takes peace and happiness were ever they go and it is not subject to external maladies of this and that type of varying nature.
When one knows they are gifted one creates there own reality from the inside out.
Hence they are "passersby" in life and they let each moment in time and space be a gift to every one else in the form of happiness, peace and joy. If you dont feel this then you are obviously being fearful.
There are only to realities in this world one decides from;
fear or love

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
From my own personal understandings I understand that if one is to be truly gifted in an "Indigo sense" one must first heal and know there oneself before trying to heal others.

But that also would apply to every human being on this earth, not just "indigo" ones. So basically, "they" are the same as everyone else, but somehow they think they deserve to be treated better than the rest?

When one knows they are gifted one creates there own reality from the inside out.
Hence they are "passersby" in life and they let each moment in time and space be a gift to every one else in the form of happiness, peace and joy.

And what are we getting from the 'indigo' crowd? peace and joy are not, that's for sure, i can't speak for every indigo dude or gal out there, but the people i have known who call themselves 'indigo', none of them felt they were the ones that should be giving peace and joy, or happy moments, all of them thought the rest of the people should be helping them out with everything so that their life could be easy, full of good things and magical, at the cost of the rest of the people who are not 'indigo'.

This hardly comes out as what they are supposed to be, from all the things we can read and hear about 'indigos' in general.

If you dont feel this then you are obviously being fearful.
There are only to realities in this world one decides from;
fear or love

Warning! little Offtopic content ahead, but with a good message:

Oh my god, i hope this 'fear or love' thing hasn't come out of something like this :

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

If so, run! run for your soul!

Sorry, just joking, but seriously, run!

Or this works even better:

www.youtube.com...

I mean, i don't want to offend you, it just that it was too funny so actually see this words out there

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Kaifan]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Hello Elf, I agree fully on empathy and humility as a sign of a being of "light". Indigo has been vulgarised through marketing...It is the message that is clear to me. Be brave and couragious, do not comply.

Boriska and jessica www.projectcamelot.org... are two examples of "Indigo" they each have their own message. The ego is present in the boy, the spirit is in the female.

I wanted to share this interesting article with you, I know I have been withdrawing, keeping my interactions with others minimal, I actually recognise myself in this article, you may also.

An excerpt
Great changes are happening to humanity, and spiritually sensitive people are still required to help engender these changes and catalyze the rest of humanity and guide them through these times. It is clear that being born Crystal will not be the solution, and in fact, creates even more problems- like the sudden epidemic of autism in some children. So, things have taken a different tack. Indigo born adults are being 'upgraded' to Crystal (in reality, Octarine) to step into the gap and continue the work. Some of them will have Crystal children to continue the work, as well. But because of the extreme toxicity of both the psychic and the natural environment, the survival rate of Crystal children is much lower than it should be, thus triggering this particular change in plans. Many Crystals are conceived, but don't even make it to birth. And some are born to parents who are incapable of handling them, and end up dying in childhood 'accidents'. And those who manage to get fairly decent parents still end up in psychically toxic environments, and taken at very tender ages to over-stimulating venues which make them literally shut down- turning violently away from the world because they cannot handle the overload.

Because of this high failure rate, the creation and transition of adult Indigos into functional Crystals is the current spiritual solution to the problem.

www.experiencefestival.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Mischievous Elf

Great Post there Elf. Even though you don't seek it, thank you for your service to others and such. What goes around comes round, I like to think.

This is the one thing that baffles me about the whole Indigo movement. They claim to be so much more sensitive and attuned to the emotions of others yet they display the most arrogant and condescending attitude to those who "don't get it". For someone supposedly more advanced than the "average" person, those claiming Indigo status seem to display the poorest of manners and decorum.

It's always about the ME and not the WE. Some evolvement of humanity there............Maby DEVO was right.

Hello Pavil I want to tell you that time is running out and the ones who "don't get it" will turn to weapons or will cause themselves or others to perish in some form or other, there is no more time for white gloves. Please take the time to watch this short interview it explains the movement without labels
Timewave 2013
www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
To "indigo" people....the problem with self-worth is that you can't spend it. Egocentricity is not a valued commodity to an employer nor anyone else i can think of. If you feel you're worthy of respect, show what you have done or are doing......not daydreams of what you might do. All people feel things, we live in a sensory world. I think there should be a "test" to determine who is special and you actually have to pass it.....something like what is required to be a Rhodes Scholar.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
so i read a bunch of posts on here. Wow op for flamed! It is how he wrote it that comes off pompus and kinda four-year-old-ish.

that was the boring and useless part of the thread, as is all threads.

I found the information about these "indigo children" very interesting. You see, i don't think i am an indigo or crystal or super saiyan... But! Alot of the things they were descibing was alot like me... I am a drummer in Nyc, i was labeled having disylexia, I never got along with dictatorships- ie school, parents, older kids all that. i use to make them laugh or win them over, or just kinda cheat.. well beat the system. I use to have this memory when i was a kid, of when i was even younger then that so maybe 3, that i moved a pen back and forth thinking about it. but i don't remember doing it, i just remember i thought i did it. I obviously never did but i was so sure i could...hm. My eyes are really weird, they are blue with this yellow around the black, but im the only one in my family to have them, not great great great grand parents, no one that we have found at least. They use to tease me and tell me i was hatched in an egg, someone left me here haha, i got a big family. I Always questioned Any religion idea. Born catholic, 2nd communion but never bought it, infact i loved how silly it was. I was reading the best fiction adventure i had ever read. math was always really easy, so was chem, algebra, but man i was sh!t at english (prolly as you can see by my spelling). When i started riding bikes, i took it apart and made my own bike. When i started driving, i took 87 thunderbird and a 67 mustange together and made the thunderstang(that car was crap but i loved her! ) Now i am 21, living in nyc playing music, sleeping from house to house with a book bag and a labtop. Havn't found a good place to call home up here yet, i still want to bounce around its more that way. But in the post before it said 194something - 1987....im 2-16-88. I missed the cut off? Really though, i never thought i was better then anyone, not smarter or cooler or more fun, more loving. I just figure im diffrent just like your different. I wish i had some older straits, like class and style. i wish i had my grandfathers blind loyalty, i say blind because he never knew anybetter, never thought of any other options. I never posted anthing like this on ats before but it kinda just fell out of me when i read this thread. I will look into this whole idea, but not humor it more then a smile. Man, our huge heads have crushed our tiny bodies in the past already... Lets pay attention to how we got here to begin with, humbel intuition.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thank you for any replies to my posts.

OP and all please do watch and spread the below, this is true INDIGO or what that word has been taken into mainstream as and hijacked, but unfortunately we are not all at this level

Watch a Recognised Buddha/Rinpoche from Tibet one of the most important , too, has to say about this enjoy his rap and learn explore so called INDIGOS

(click to open player in new window)

It says it all here eh?

How cool and amazing is he?

Here is some more of what he and his lineage is all about :

His homepage, How to meditate, What Energies he creates and brings to the World and his Recognition as a Reincarnated Buddha

Case Closed and love and light to all, believe it or not I have been Harshish out of Love, and not wanting others Labelled as Indigo's to follow the path of Suffering ego aggrandisement causes you and others.

OP and anyone U2U me for more informal discussions on this, your experiences and how I might be able to signpost you to focus this Buddha nature inherent IN ALL easier.

Love Lots of Light indeed

Elf.
[edit on 5-3-2009 by MischeviousElf] Final edit to sort out my BB code illiteracy soz lol.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

that's one of the most profound thoughts i have ever heard expressed, "change me to you"
just wow. thanks for that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join