It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigos and coping with jobs, adulthood, "real world" etc

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This adulthood thing is like, rilly, rilly hard! Maybe for normals too, but being indigo doesn'T help.

Where to begin *sigh*...well, my friend (who is also an indigo) was discussing some of the problems she was having at work. First they put her on a desk near some kind of electical wiring center in the wall, and because she is super-sensitive to energy levels, etc. like us all, she was having a really hard time of it...breaking out in a rash, having trouble concentrating, etc. So she started to use some binaural music on her iPod to block out the background radiation in the office but HR didn't like that. She tried to explain the situation to HR but they told her they couldn't move her desk OR allow her to wear her iPod in the office! Can you believe it?

She told me the HR woman was actually very sympathetic but said that unless she could legitimately expl,ain her "indigo-ness" as either an illness or a religion, she couldn't get "special privilage" (as if moving her ddesk was a special privilage yea right lol). I have two big big problems with this.

1) Being indigo is NOT a sickness or a disease. ITS WHO WE ARE. Why can't they accept it?
2) It's not a religion or a belief system. Religion is FAITH. Indigo is KNOWING.

I'm finding lots of cases like this as I look around. The first mass wave of Indigos is entering the workforce and adulthood, and if businesses can't accomidate us they are going to find themselves looking hard for talented employees lol. Likewise landlords wh0 wond cope with bad residue in the air, vibrations, bad feng sui, etc. How will these people be able to find workers and tenants once a WHOLE RISING GENERATION OF INDIGOS puts its foot down?

Put another way, when are Indigo rights going to be recognized as a real issue on par with race, gender, etc? It's an IDENTITY. We can't change WHO WE ARE!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18 Mar 09 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the plight of those who are intelligent is this. There will always be those who do not understand.
You may be more intelligent than the next person, but never underestimate anyone. Someone who is truly intelligent will recognize the need and the benefit of keeping anonymity. The internet is a great outlet for expression. It is all too easy to become arrogant. "Humble are those who look down to the earth, for they will see where they tread, and leave nothing but footprints."

[edit on 2/3/2009 by reticledc]

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If you can't adjust to working for a living without "accomodations" for your "Indigo-ness", then businesses will be just fine without you.

To be completely blunt, there are a LOT of people out of work right now, and jobs are getting scarce and harder to find. If you can't handle working for a living in the real world, there are many talented, experienced and hard working people who can take your place.

To be a little kinder, if you think you are special, don't allow it to cripple you. Use it as a strength, not an excuse for weakness.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
First you'll have to prove it. Getting people to treat you as special because you say you are isn't usually going to work. I think personally some 'indigos' rilly, rilly need to grow up. That isn't to say that I don't believe you, but that there are ways to cope with the world around you until the world is ready to cope with you.

It's possible the reason she isn't allowed to wear headphones is a safety issue. If you want the world to understand you, you have to try and understand it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So true, unless there is a specific "medical" or "handicap" condition, no special accommodations should be made. Next thing you know you will have an office full of people claiming this "condition" and wearing Ipods.

Sorry, just common sense here.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

You sound like the Paris Hilton of the conspiracy world.

If you really were special you wouldn't be parading around whinging about it.

go and help some starving kids or something.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I had to look it up because I had no idea what this "condition" was. I assume this is what "indigo child" is?

skepdic.com...

how to recognize the Indigo Child

The Indigo Child is recognizable by his or her aura and by certain other traits, according to The Indigo Children website (owned by Kryon Writings).

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)

They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

If this is the definition then this isn't a medical condition... it is called spoiled crybaby little child that needs as azz whipping and a good dose of a reality check. I think some "public service" work like picking up trash along the side of the road and scrubbing some toilets would help with this condition.

Freeking people starving to death in this world daily, a billion people in this world will never take a hot shower... and THIS is something to whine about.

Forgive me if this information is incorrect but the description reminds me of how my daughter acted when she was 4!

[edit on 2-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It ain't easy out there, that's the truth.

Indigo or not, the workforce is about productivity, profit and very little else.

The majority of the time they just don't have the time or resources to deal with everyone's sensitivities.

I'm out of work right now due to mine, a recognized medical condition, and believe me - there is little to no understanding of my needs within the service sector, and even though my requirements are minimal - businesses view me as a liability and refuse to hire me, despite the fact I excel at the position and just occassionaly need a smoke break or a few days off when my symptoms hit.

The best advice I can give your friend is to find a more holistic work environment that suits her particular needs. No use claiming "special circumstances" unless you really want to go down that road...and I guarantee you, it's not a fun trip.

Wish I could be of more assistance.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild

2) It's not a religion or a belief system. Religion is FAITH. Indigo is KNOWING.

Then prove that you are an Indigo child in a manner that a person could not prove their religious faith.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I find the best solution to this kind of difficulty is to just suck it up and cope.

All well and good to be special, but people tend to respect others based on their ability to ignore life's little inconveniences. More, generally, than they respect those who can sense electronic frequencies, no matter how useful your friend may personally find that skill.

Such is the nature of the adult world, I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Part of the difficulty might have to do with the thread you created entitled How would you know if you were "The One" ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry for making assumptions but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you think you're the one or some sort of Messiah. If that's the case, then prepare yourself for a lifetime of disappointments.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Indigo Starchild?

Wow nice name. I love how Indigo ends with "ego".

Nonetheless, please look up Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity aka Electrosensitivity. I'm fairly sure I'm electrosensitive as well. I first started noticing it when I bought a smartphone with gsm, wifi, bluetooth all that good stuff.

Last weekend I was at a neighbors trying to fix their computer and they had a Wimax antenna and Wifi antenna at the top of their desk. Instant headache for me. Nothing debilitating though...

Obsidience

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Forgive me if this information is incorrect but the description reminds me of how my daughter acted when she was 4!

You're the parent of an Indigo!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thanks for your post - I agree.

peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You sound like the Paris Hilton of the conspiracy world.

If you really were special you wouldn't be parading around whinging about it.

go and help some starving kids or something.

wow. first Chadwickus post I actually really really agree with.

this must be a glitch in the Matrix... something is wrong. this can't be happening.

yeah i think this Indigo thing is way out of hand where anybody can label themselves with it. As if it's some fad.

Sounds like it's becoming the exact opposite of what it's claimed to actually be.

an if you read that list of descriptive aspects of indigo people, then one has to wonder.. wha the hell is the benefit of being one??
If thats what they are.. by those descriptions.. then what about being on eis "good" ?
nothing in that list says "good" to me.
just annoying, difficult to get along with, and selfish.

-
-

[edit on 2-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't let my employees wear an ipod for indigo or safety reasons. (unless they were artists working on some tedious repetitive thing) How are you going to get any work done rocking out? What if someone needs to ask you a question? What if the phone rings?

Electro sensitivity? Only at that desk position? How does she stand the lighting system, or the elevator buttons, or everything else for !@# sake.

I hate fluorescent lights. They flicker and make my skin look (rilly) funny. I must be indigo.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My first response is find a job in a more alternative field or even in a natural food store.

start working for the environment

work at the animal shelter

find "indigo" type jobs

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
starseedgatherings.tripod.com...

There is a lot of talk in regard to Indigo Children and Crystal Children in this day and age. Rightfully so, but there is a generation of adults who have been raising these children.
The Indigo Adults. "THE LOST GENERATION"
It seems as if there has been a whole generation that has been running around lost. So I hope this is a good read. These are some of the qualities and challenges that First Wave Indigos experience. Most Indigos can relate to at least 90% of this list.

l Were born en masse between 1969 and 1987 (I would go back to as early as the 1940's)
l Highly intelligent.
l Are literally "wired differently" than other people.
l Many have strong or unusual Psychic and Telekinetic abilities.
l Have extraordinary levels of compassion.
l Can relate well to children and or the elderly.
l Many times get along better with animals and nature than people.
l Have a bond/connection to the trees, and nature in general.
l Creative, inventive, and very intuitive.
l Involve themselves in human/animal rights efforts
l Have an innate sense of "oneness" and connectedness to all of creation. Get confused and disturbed when others don't share their reality of "at-one-ment."
l High capacity for love, and therefore others may feel uncomfortable by their intensity.
l Very sensitive, sometimes "Hyper Sensitive" and may not be able to distinguish between the emotional fields of those around them and their own personal emotions.
l May go through periods of apathy and cynicism as coping mechanisms.
l Intense longing for "their own kind"….Soul Mates…but don't know where to look.
l Because of being misunderstood and then betrayed, may develop strong trust issues, and therefore keep many of their thoughts, feelings and opinions to themselves.
l About 30% have difficulties expressing themselves, especially in writing.
l Very disciplined when properly motivated.
l Get bored and or frustrated in school.
l Male Indigos (and many Females) for the most part don't "do authority" very well because most of the time they are smarter than those in authority.
l Have a strong sense of truth, ethics, justice and freedom. (That is why "authority figures" many times irritate and frustrate them).
l Many are labeled "Dyslexic" and find themselves in "Special Classes" at school that usually never work for them.
l Indigos have a strong desire to know "why" …and if they don't see "the point" in something, (or if is it isn't explained properly), will feel it is simply not worth their time/ energy and will either react with resistance or just simply "blow off" the people/things that seem not worth their time and energy.
l Innately have their own ways of calculation and many have been accused of cheating in school because they do the answers in their head and cannot show their work.
l Indigos have an evolved awareness of how things work, therefore, many of the rigid rules and methods of learning Math, English, and Physics (NOT metaphysics or quantum physics) make no sense to them.
l All First wave Indigos have what might be termed as "A Gift of Healing" ....whether it is making people feel better with their humor and wit, hands on healing, animal and plant healing, healing with music and tone, or healing with new "unproven" methods.. …some of which are natural and need no external training for.
l Many Indigos have "Telepathic Healing" abilities and long distances make no difference to the efficiency of their work.
l Because of their expanded perception, unusual creativity, wanting to try new things, and running way ahead of what is being taught in class, many were diagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder, and put on Ritalin as children.
l Most Indigo's (especially males) have a high innate aptitude for computers/electronics and or auto mechanics. It is common for them to "Just Know" how to operate and trouble shoot with very little help from a book or an instructor.
l First Wave Indigo's are extremely creative, and express this innate skill in many (and often times OUTRAGEOUS forms.) These skills manifest in: Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Decorating, Photography, Writing (in sometimes very extreme and unique ways), Making Blueprints and Prototypes, Composing and Playing Music….(even if they have never had lessons), inventing games, and creating new & more efficient ways of doing things.
l Very few Indigos are interested in aggressive sports such as Football and Hockey. They would rather spend their physical exercise time and energy in personal achievement and outdoor sports such as track & field, skateboarding, mountain climbing, cycling, kayaking, etc. They are also attracted to discipline and self-defense sports such as Fencing and Martial Arts.
l Because of their feeling so foreign to this planet, a very high percentage of Indigos have been put on "Antidepressants" to make them appear "Normal" and fit in our society….this is just a temporary fix though, and only adds to their challenges.
l Feel like they could be one of the characters on the 1980's television series "The Misfits of Science" or one of the young people in Xavier's school for the gifted in the recent movies from the comic books "The X-Men."
l Many Indigos are drawn to Theatrics, Drama, and Stand-up Comedy. In these venues they can "pretend to be someone else" when actually they are using this as an outlet to vent and express their own views and pent up emotions. It is also a place for "misfits" to find a place of refuge and "fit in".
l Because of their feeling so "alien" here, many go through periods of severe grief, loneliness, and displacement…..and may turn to drugs, alcohol, or attempt suicide for a way out.
l One trademark that a high % of First Wave Indigos have, is living through extreme hardships as children, teenagers, and young adults. Many were born into family situations that were physically, emotionally, spiritually and psychically abusive. These Indigos had to figure out how to balance and keep their inherent integrity levels, while being subjected to painful and life shattering experiences. A large % were inplanted in such horrendous situations as: organized crime, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and even ritual/cult abuse & mind control.
alien encounters are common

[edit on 2-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild

Well then, your friend should KNOW better!

Rocking the boat in such a fashion in these rough economic times with the request of being treated special, will only serve to draw more attention to your friend. I think going to HR about this, put your friend in the position of having one foot out the door with this employer.

The HR person probably acted sympathetic to avoid bursting out in laughter!

Put another way, when are Indigo rights going to be recognized as a real issue on par with race, gender, etc? It's an IDENTITY. We can't change WHO WE ARE!

You actually do expect special treatment, don't you? Considering there is no proof that Indigo's actually exist, you are in for some tough times.

Say, why don't you get all your Indigo friends together and send letters to your congress person to get changes made for you? Wondering why you have no rights is your problem until you decide to do something about it. See what kinds of replies you get!

It's like your asking for life to be handed to Indigo's on a silver platter just because that is who you think you are!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These children, all children! naturaly expect a better world, what do they have to look forward to?
This civilization is polluted and perverted and not human friendly!

Everybody needs a job and any crappy job will do for some of you, but you get paid to produce more crap than you use...and you encourage all these corporations that are destroying our existance. They feel this nonsense and react.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join