It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have compassion for psychopaths?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

that has to be one of the most sickening things i have read on this site. Killing children diagnosed with sociopathic/psychopathic tenancies. You as a person actually disgust me. Killing children because they have a mental disorder that may not be passed down. How can you call your self in any way compassionate. Children are innocent and Antisocial Personality Disorder CAN BE TREATED. Congrats what you suggest is what the Nazi's in Germany did to the mentally insane. Also have you ever studied psychology? I don't mean to flame but this is sickening and I have to say it hits me to the core seeing as my own cousin as a child displayed psychopathic symptoms and when directed he can function perfectly well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What if they know what they are doing but just don't care....or worse.....they enjoy it just for the thrill and adrenaline rush...

Would there be 2 classes of psychopath then?

weird...but good topic...something that doesn't often get brought up..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

What you claimed ARE NOTHING BUT LIES AND DECEIT!!

There will be no billions to suffer when we start murdering innocent kids for their naiveties and deemed them as offsprings of the devil or born evil! BECAUSE MANKIND WOULD HAVE ENDED!!

Unity, what had you done to allow evil come into you????

What are you talking about? Why are you bringing religion into this discussion? I'm not lying or deceiving, I'm attempting to enlighten you, but you're obviously to emotionally attached to your ideals, so it's just not going to happen.

You can't see the true state of the world, because you're blinded by your idealism. Billions are ALREADY suffering. Intelligent beings ALREADY know how to solve the world's problems, yet it's a lack of organization.. a lack of will-power that keeps us from getting their.

WHY?

Because people, like yourself, are brainwashed into thinking that we should just be love and light and everything will work out. Because of this nonsense, the psychopaths fluorish. Because of your unwavering compassion, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DOMINATE AND PHASE OUT THE MAJORITY OF HUMANITY.

Listen, I'm done. Go do your homework.

If we keep this up, the thread will get locked or 404'd. I don't want that. So I'm done. You guys can keep saying whatever you like, but this thread is officially off my radar.

READ:

Political Ponerology

&

Without Conscience

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

that has to be one of the most sickening things i have read on this site. Killing children diagnosed with sociopathic/psychopathic tenancies. You as a person actually disgust me. Killing children because they have a mental disorder that may not be passed down. How can you call your self in any way compassionate. Children are innocent and Antisocial Personality Disorder CAN BE TREATED. Congrats what you suggest is what the Nazi's in Germany did to the mentally insane. Also have you ever studied psychology? I don't mean to flame but this is sickening and I have to say it hits me to the core seeing as my own cousin as a child displayed psychopathic symptoms and when directed he can function perfectly well.

to kill is a bit harsh

but these people need to be treated in some way

what if one of those psychopaths go to be a president, a CEO of some big corporation, a politician???

ops! they are already there my friend. And thats because our world is $%#$%@

the reality is that psychopaths have the best features to be politicians and to manipulate people to get to better positions, but the problem is that as a politician you need to be able to protect people, to defend people's rights, but they really dont care, since they dont have empaty, they dont feel anything

and we need to identify them in some way, we cant let these people work on difficult positions: imagine a general psychopath, or something like that, he sends people to die without any reason, just to his entertainment, since he cant feel anything, he doesnt even care

why do you really think our world is this way? do you really think that aliens are controlling things in background, that all rich people want to be more richer or that some people dont have the mental ability to make decisions, but they do it anyway, since we dont do anything to stop it

yes, to kill them is kind of hard, since some psychopaths would use that for their entertainment too and would manipulate a lot of things ... but they need to be tested and treated

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

perfect

they control the world, thats the most rational explanation to our problems and that makes the most scientific sense

people need to understand that these psychopaths are the ones manipulating our world to their entertainment because they dont have empathy or feel anything at all

if we dont do something about it, when the time comes, they wont think twice on killing you, me and everybody else ... they cant be in any type of political activity, thats just MADNESS

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Just one more question there mr.Worldimprover.

Who is gonna be deciding who is and isn't a psychopath??

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

In a way I am glad if it is shut. No because of the topic, but because of the slant to call for the culling of our children. This is the most horrifying of all horrors, beyond mere words I, only an insignficant person can ever muster up to write.

That you chosed to run when your main critical point had been found out and realize speaks volume of your character. I once got to know a poster named Unitymissions here from years back and consider the posts put up with merit, but this thread and any other thread that you bring forth certainly is not the same person nor worthy of any merit that I once knew.

As I said before, this has NOTHING to do with religion. It has EVERYTHING to do with Humanity. And ending humanity on half backed opinions we call and use and twist science which is still in its infancy is the greatest mistake we humans can ever make.

Done and begone! May the real Unity returns one day....

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Again people are using psychopath there is NO SUCH THING as a psychopath. There aren't that many who are diagnosed with Antisocial personality disorder. Politicians and CEO's are greedy not APD. If any of you actually read up on the psychological disorders in the DSM IV (the most accurate source to diagnose ADP and other disorders) and didn't read BS books saying kill all the mentally ill they pollute the gene pool, you would see that there is greed and APD.

And I have met APD people and guess what the majority of them don't try and take over the world. They manipulate those around them so that they get what they want. Most of the time you can't tell. there are various other factors that contribute to how a APD person will react. You are getting caught up in the stigma that people place on them.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

LOL

do I need to explain to a child all my statements?

I didnt say each one of them want to take over the world, but if in every part of the government you find psychopaths, than this is a problem, since they dont really care about you

there is no group of people wanting to dominate the world, I suppose

but if you see individually, each one of these people are making DECISIONS that affect ALL our LIVES, and they dont have the ability to do that

its as simple as that

as I said, psychopaths are not the ones that want to kill people, they are the ones that cant feel anything, so its impossible for them to know whats best for population, only whats best for themselves

greedy? no, lets be real, look at the war in Iraq or Afghanistan! Thats not WAR my friend, thats MASSACRE. There is no Taliban, there are a bunch of fathers and children trying to survive, and they fight because of it.

Just imagine if some soldier killed your family. What would you do? You would fight! Does that make you a psychopath? No, but you certainly would change and wouldnt jut stop and accept the fact that they killed your family for nothing.

Wars are the best example of psychopaths ... no one should KILL other people for money, only psychopaths do that ...

just to complete, I am not talking about individual soldiers, but for the people that finance, support the war in the political ways, a lot in the background ...

[edit on 3/8/10 by Faiol]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

what if one of those psychopaths go to be a president, a CEO of some big corporation, a politician???

Hahahaha psychopaths and sociopaths ARE the controlling element in society. They tend to be the personality types to get things done regardless of the cost, sound familiar to you?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Just one more question there mr.Worldimprover.

Who is gonna be deciding who is and isn't a psychopath??

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

in my opinion, we should test everybody that will assume some critical positions that need DECISION MAKING abilities

using SCIENCE ...

ps: I would like to know the real number percentage of psychopaths, anyone did some calculation out there that is knew? I only found some references, but some say 1 per cent, others say 5 percent ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Again... You use a term that does not exist, proving to me you are a wanna be psychologist who thinks they know everything. I urge you to read the DSM, which fully addresses what a "psychopath" is. The "psychopaths" you are mentioning are quite literally metaphorical ones. Yes war is bad, but its not started by "psychopaths". Its started by men who want power, that DOESN'T and this will be the last time I say this DOESN'T mean they have the mental disorder that causes them to not be able to reason guilt and emotions. Get your facts straight and read an actual credible diagnostic tool used by psychiatrists to diagnose mental disorders. Stop reading you political ideology books the think they know what a psychopath is because wikipedia said so.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I am not an expert, neither in psychology or in English.

No, I dont know everything, thats why I am discussing here, instead of complaining or bashing other opinions for nothing.

The only thing I said was my opinion about this topic.

If you have an opinion, please elaborate, if I said something wrong in special terms, please reply.

I am not a wannabe psychologist or whatever, thats why you base your ideas on studies made by other people and books by them.

Again, I believe that if part of the population dont have the ability to feel and are superb in manipulation, its very possible that they are in important decision making positions in our society and that may be why our world is %#%
¨
But in any way I said it was a fact, I am just discussing the topic, if you dont agree, no problem, but throw your opinion and your take out there ...

Again, I am not an expert in English or Psychology, but that doesnt mean I cant have an opinion about it.

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Faiol

Again... You use a term that does not exist, proving to me you are a wanna be psychologist who thinks they know everything. I urge you to read the DSM, which fully addresses what a "psychopath" is. The "psychopaths" you are mentioning are quite literally metaphorical ones. Yes war is bad, but its not started by "psychopaths". Its started by men who want power, that DOESN'T and this will be the last time I say this DOESN'T mean they have the mental disorder that causes them to not be able to reason guilt and emotions. Get your facts straight and read an actual credible diagnostic tool used by psychiatrists to diagnose mental disorders. Stop reading you political ideology books the think they know what a psychopath is because wikipedia said so.

Why men that want power cant be considered sick? are you a man that want to conquer the world even if that means killing other people or destroying their lives? is that suppose to be characterize a normal man?

thats your theory, right now I believe that most of these people are probably mentally sick in some way, it doesnt matter the scientific term ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I will elaborate. You are not talking about Antisocial personality disorder when you describe people at the top of government and companies. I've said this over and over. I don't think that part desires elaboration.

I base my opinions on fact. And you, in my opinion are talking about things you do not have knowledge about. APD is a personality disorder with varying degrees and often gets the title of sociopaths and psychopaths. The media has overly exaggerated what that is. Not all of them are bad there are the few cases which are sever and result in death but there are many who seek to avoid that conflict. They are slightly more dangerous but they mainly want to blend into society and sometimes that manipulation is the cause of that. Since they can't feel empathy it can be seen as a weakness and predators can attack them. By manipulating those around them they can blend into society.

Most of the time you hear sociopath and psychopath its often from the media and the media is well known to skew things out of proportion. There are fully functioning people with APD who are diagnosed and treated with medication and therapy.

I'm trying to explain to people in this thread that psychopaths and sociopaths aren't a proper term and are the media's collection of multiple psychological disorders, and are the extreme cases. These individuals often cannot reproduce because they can't form lasting long relations because they cannot connect emotionally.

EDIT:

You can't blame everything on a mental disorder when it comes to the morality of politicians. Some times its just good ol' human nature. We are not an innocent species.

what I am saying is not a theory, its stating the facts. The first thing you learn in psychology is never analyze someone you know, and don't analyze people when you don't have a degree in psych. So What am I going to do? Just provide the facts. Sometimes people just do bad things.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

since no one here is at the same level as you, why do you even care of saying that ? If you have the knowlege, try to share it as best as you can, and if you have sources for papers indicating what you just said it would be nice.

you need to understand that, if we dont know what you are talking about, the only way for us to understand is reading some papers about it, no one will take your word as a fact, neither they should take anybody's word as a fact

but there are a lot of people that believes that mental diseases and politics are something to consider ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
We were talking about psychopaths. I have come to understand psychopaths as being inhumane people.

They have cold hearted reasoning, void of insight, and empathy. Their emotions are shallow, never truly experiencing fear, or love.

I don't understand why anyone should feel compassion

Do you not see the irony in those lines? You are describing yourself here! Psychopaths do not feel compassion for others, yet that somehow justifies you not to feel compassion either. Amazing contradiction! Simply put, you are no better.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

This is my source LINK (as close as you can get) unfortunately you would have to buy the DSM and as well this version is only a summary of the current until the DSM V comes out soon, my information is based on both the DSM IV and DSM V. Diagnostically this information is correct. Treatment wise things have changed and the DSM V addresses that. It is classified as a personality disorder and as such has MANY other factors.

Also I am Posting this since there seem to be a Lot of people on ATS who don't do their research into the topics they are discussing. I have been guilty of this and correct this by doing further research on the matter. I am posting this because it is something I know and think people should be informed about, because there is a lot of misinformation about this.

Criteria to be APD

Please note 3, 5, 6 and 7

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Listen, I'm done. Go do your homework.

READ:

Political Ponerology

I always appreciate sources and recommendations. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out the editor of that particular work is... fringe, to put it as generously as possible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

screw it, you guys continue to live and la-la land.

Hope you realize that because of your naivety, humanity is oppressed and billions suffer.

Way to be, guys!

How compassionate you all are ..

[edit on 3-8-2010 by unityemissions]

I really do not know how compassion plays into all this. If they can function in society then great if not then they are a real threat on others. Feeling compassion for their abnormalities doesn’t really change their behavior and so yes we do need to isolate them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
@unityemissions- Your mother sounds as if she had a rough start as well. It's funny...I can be compassionate towards your mother bcuz I can hear that she was mistreated as well. She probably wouldve never been so withdrawn had she been shown love herself. I cant bring myself to be compassionate for mine, funny, isnt it?

I'm so sorry that you had to experience all of that, especially your little brother. I cant even fathom how hard it mustve been for all of you. I'm understanding your mom has died too? Thats got to be exceptionally hard. She's gone and now ur carrying her baggage. Dont allow her to control you, whether she's alive or not. You're angry and hurt, it's evident in what and how your saying things. Your not that kid anymore, she cant manipulate you if you dont allow it. Do it out of spite at first if you have to. It sounds stupid I'm sure but thats how I did it. I took from her everything that she thrived off of. All the fear, guilt and anger she instilled in me wasnt visible to her anymore. It was still there but I was 'acting' as if it werent. As it went on my assuredness and faith in myself grew to where I didnt have to fake it anymore. I didnt need her acceptance anymore and realized I didnt necessarily need her either. Dont let her ignorance be yours, especially since you know better.

I dont know if I'd use the word 'naivety', it has almost a derogatory ring to it. There are just those who have and those who havent. I liken 'us' to a building. Like the foundation of a building needs to be secured properly for the rest of the structure to be built upon. If the foundation is weak then so is everything thats built upon it.
If people with this disorder were to be killed, which is a horrible thought in itself, there would be no you, no me. Many wonderful people have been born from horrible ones. We're past putting those we dont understand into institutions. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. They shouldnt be treated inhumane but we need to realize that they cant be rehabilitated either. 'They' dont have the problem, it's everyone around them thats defunct. They dont want to change because they dont care to. They will never take responsibilty for any of their actions because that would require hindsite. Why would they need hindsite when theyre never at fault?

I liken my mom to a zombie, I know, it's sounds crazy but thats the only example i can come up with. A zombies only agenda is to feed off of others. Theres no emotion involved. They're shells, empty, hollow shells who trudge along just looking for their next meal. Like a reptilian mind who's only concern is for their fundamental needs..survival, dominance etc. (not the David Icke kind...lol)

I realize Ive posted a gazillion things and not all of it may make sense but it's the closest I can come to at this moment. This has been actually very cathartic, thank you.

@unityemissions...Im really grateful for the support you've offered, now I'd like to offer you mine.

Kim

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join