It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Motor Polarizes Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

Heins has invented a technology that he says will put out more energy than it consumes. His invention, he boldly claims, offers a way to make electric cars that can travel hundreds of kilometres from the energy in a small, inexpensive battery.

The Star first profiled Heins and his controversial invention a year ago. In a nutshell, he had figured out a way to eliminate the electromagnetic friction that typically limits the performance of an electrical generator – an effect known as “Back EMF.” Not only that, but he also learned how to redirect that magnetic energy so that, instead of causing resistance, it gave an electrical motor connected to the generator a significant boost.

The result, as far as Heins was concerned, violated Lenz’s law or what’s often called the law of diminishing returns. For many, that equates to a perpetual motion machine, an impossible claim in the conventional field of physics.

He’s also working with The Orion Project, a non-profit group founded by conspiracy theorist Steven Greer, who has founded several UFO groups and claims to have been in contact with extraterrestrials. Greer believes the government is aware that perpetual motion machines exist and that there has been a massive global cover-up.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yet another independent inventor with an overunity motor. I found the references to Neil Young and Steve Greer/Orion Project particularly interesting, and mainstream news coverage is always coolness

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The creator of this motor is NOT repeat NOT heralding it as over-unity.

He himself is merely suggesting he can eliminate the back EMF which causes "friction" on a motor when the generator is under a load.
In turn, this back EMF is returned to the rotor to assist in accelerative force.

He does not want to be confused with other over-zealous inventors who claim to have created the fabled perpetual motion machine.

He does not believe it's perpetual motion himself, he believes it's simply a really efficient mod for electric motors.

You'd probably be doing him a service by calling it the same.

The theory seems easy enough to re-produce.
A ferrous material located in or near the rotor shaft, should interact with the EMF field produced by a loaded coil. (As in, a shorted coil, or a coil generating current that's being used.)

If I can get more information, perhaps a detailed drawing, I would like to see about attempting to reproduce his results.

I am in no way in a position to travel back and forth to Ottawa University, I'm pretty well grounded here in the GTA for the meantime.

What he has here (whatever you think it is) is an effect not previously performed. There must be an explanation... and though the chances are slim, I'd still love a crack at it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Eliminating back emf is not new but I've not heard of it being put back into the motor to help acceleration before.

I watched a vid about this about a year ago from Peter Lindemann called electic motor secrets. He has a forum running which is quite well established with many people reproducing the experiments and posting vids on youtube etc.

Bedini talks a little about back emf and rather than eliminating it, capturing it and dumping it to a battery (which lindeman does in his video), however, bedini claims the monopole does more than that and also captures radiant energy.

He explains why the radiant is not simply back emf in EFTV 7, which discusses and demonstrates circuits to tap Tesla's impulse energy.

The info is abundant and freely available Johnsky. I'm such a newb, and can only handle one experiment at a time on this stuff, currently I'm doing the monopole ssg. Would be great to have a pro or two join in here on ATS.

[edit on 2/3/09 by RogerT]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The creator of this motor is NOT repeat NOT heralding it as over-unity.

He himself is merely suggesting he can eliminate the back EMF which causes "friction" on a motor when the generator is under a load.
In turn, this back EMF is returned to the rotor to assist in accelerative force.

Well the back EMF normally wastes a lot of energy, does it not? So I would think that making use of that energy instead would definitely make the system overunity, even if the inventor is not heralding it as such

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Well the back EMF normally wastes a lot of energy, does it not? So I would think that making use of that energy instead would definitely make the system overunity, even if the inventor is not heralding it as such

I think you missed my point.

I'm not technically saying we can't face over-unity as a fact if we come across it...

I'm simply saying for the sake of not having other scientists dismiss him before they do the research themselves... SHHHHHHHHHH!

Stop using the O word!

On another note, I'm astounded that this effect (coupling ferrous material on the rotor with a loaded coil) hasn't been observed prior to this... I mean... it seems like something that would wind up being constructed eventually, yes?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by johnsky]

top topics

join