It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many guns are too many?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
let's try Newtons law with guns?...........Some one shoots at you........You don't shoot back.........YOU DIE.......Wow that was simple.

LOL.... Your logic is impeccable! Short, sweet, TRUE and to the point.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

We're all going to die

I will die knowing I didn't add fuel to the fire though.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

let's try Newtons law with guns?...........Some one shoots at you........You don't shoot back.........YOU DIE.......Wow that was simple.

LOL.... Your logic is impeccable! Short, sweet, TRUE and to the point.

Thank you dear Sir, logic needs not be confusing, but in layman terms.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkFlame

Funny point of view facts being that you came here making comments about others people genitalia

Whats even funnier is I was referring to the gangsters you're "supposedly" defending yourself from.

Now I can see why you collect guns.(that was directed at you this time)

Peace

Also my words were "Unlike you, I am not a slave to causality and can choose to remove myself from the equation".

I am choosing to push in this case.
[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros

We're all going to die

I will die knowing I didn't add fuel to the fire though.

Peace

Well I will die knowing I made the fire brighter, and my dear friend, that makes for a brighter day.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Well I will die knowing I made the fire brighter, and my dear friend, that makes for a brighter day.

------------------------------------------

... and so the cycle continues.

Its a tough cycle to break...

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Funny point of view facts being that you came here making comments about others people genitalia

Whats even funnier is I was referring to the gangsters you're "supposedly" defending yourself from.

Now I can see why you collect guns.(that was directed at you this time)

Peace

My comment stands though because typically people who make comments about others peoples genitalia are insecure about their own...
And second I actually don't collect guns I have them issued to me by the US Army (naturally I'm comfortable with them as they are the tools for my job).
Third in a shtf the people coming for you wont be gangsters, It'll be your neighbor starving to death and with some little mouths to feed... and who is to say he isn't entitled to them it is survival of the fittest (just other animals come with weapons imbeded in their bodies ours is the brain...).

I can't see how you can post the fact that you'r just going to die without a fight on a survival techniques forum anyway but hey will all die anyways... At least I'll die standing while in that situation you'll probably die on your knees or worse.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Hahaha what a memorable quote.
True indeed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
Of course you can't just pick up an M249 squad automatic weapon off the shelf

These guys might beg to differ if you have $8500, but its semi auto.

www.urban-armory.com...

About half way down you'll see it

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
Of course you can't just pick up an M249 squad automatic weapon off the shelf

These guys might beg to differ if you have $8500, but its semi auto.

www.urban-armory.com...

About half way down you'll see it

I knew somebody would post this eventually and so I'll eat my words... Probably not to hard to convert into full auto either. Price is a bit on the bankruptcy side for me.
Just so you know, I personally hate the M249 had them crap out on me to many times. I've also seen barrels go airborne due to operator error
But hey I've met people with crazier stuff in the private armories lol

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Guns are a necessary evil IMO. And besides it didn't start with guns, their just a tool, I would say the arms race started with who ever had the most sharp rocks or sticks

So you're siding with the guy that made a weapon out of a rock and a stick?

It seems like you're admitting that you have to resort to the same base instincts as a caveman? When did homo habiliis use "rocks or sticks"? Maybe like 1 - 2 million years ago. Considering you guys are such experts on history would you mind telling me why your so eager to repeat it?

Peace

Oh, and I forgot to clarify.. I'm not calling you a homo (when did homo habilis), I'm referring to one of our ancestors.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Guns are a necessary evil IMO. And besides it didn't start with guns, their just a tool, I would say the arms race started with who ever had the most sharp rocks or sticks

So you're siding with the guy that made a weapon out of a rock and a stick?

It seems like you're admitting that you have to resort to the same base instincts as a caveman? When did homo habiliis use "rocks or sticks"? Maybe like 1 - 2 million years ago. Considering you guys are such experts on history would you mind telling me why your so eager to repeat it?

Peace

Oh, and I forgot to clarify.. I'm not calling you a homo (when did homo habilis), I'm referring to one of our ancestors.

I'll rather side with the caveman than the guy at the other end of the stick.

History repeats itself because of tyrants who don't respect the people they should be serving. Instead they act based on personal goals and the enrichment of their class. That's why it take brave men to take arms and bring them down from power hping it will not repeat again. Your a despots dream, if everybody thought like you we would probablyn still be in feudalism.

But what do I care not very much. I won't go out of my way to get into a firefight, I actually try to avoid that in every way.
If someone does pose a threat to my 2 kids my wife or me, he better start kissing his behind goodbye, though. Because I wont rest till he's fertilizing the landscape. It's that simple.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

My comment stands though because typically people who make comments about others peoples genitalia are insecure about their own...
I would pay to see you make a comment like that to any of my buddies in Afghanistan right now... See if you have the apropriate genitalia to take their place...

-----------------------------------------------

There has been countless studies done linking gun owners with male insecurity issues.

No doubt you have read countless studies showing just the opposite and I respect that.

My main point stands that the streets will not be filled with "insecure males" in pistol fights. It will be filled with your neighbors, as you said.

I would normally agree with you on the genital call-out(who couldn't use a bigger one) but I always equate gunfights with a wang-measuring contest..
Sorry if I pushed your buttons with that one.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

"Your a despots dream, if everybody thought like you we would probablyn still be in feudalism. "

I thought we still were a feudal society?

Feudal society was characterized by military landholders and working peasants. The nobility included bishops, for the church was one of the greatest of medieval landowners. Near the bottom of the social pyramid were the agricultural laborers, or villeins, and beneath them, the serfs.

Were still serfs and always will be. As long as you keep on plugging yourself into their violent equations(like a good serf), we'll keep meeting the same fate as mr.Habilis and the rest of our ancestors.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
you will have enough when you know you have enough, buy the right stuff, and most importantly use it before you store it, not knowing how to use it will get someone else alot of guns, you just a big hole in the ground. I would since money is tight buy up alot of 22 arms, stockpile that ammo , buy one good sidearm to carry with you, because you need a good concealed weapon to carry when shtf senerio envelops. It would probally be a good idea to have something to protect with those guns, guns by themselves will only present opportunity for you to become a bandit when you realize you cannot eat them and have nothing to guard or anything anyone would want to steal. In other words if you are only stockpiling guns and ammo, what for, you have no food to guard with them?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I have several guns myself. I wanted to make sure I had enough in different calibers. Make sure You have a good .308 for hunting large game and a .223 for small game. I would also get a .22LR for practicing at the range. As far as hand guns I would make sure You have one for the house and one for the cars.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
How many is too many? That's really not a question that anyone can answer for you. As long as you have a .22, a 12 gauge and a rifle in a common caliber, you're probably covered, though. But...if you can afford it, why not buy enough to ensure that you have the common calibers covered? If you ever reach a point where you do think you have too many, you can always sell a few. Guns tend to hold their value pretty well, especially if held over a few years, so its unlikely that you're going to lose much money, if any.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I for one, don't want some peacenik coming into my hills to leech off me and not be willing to help out and fight back at whatever threatens our life and limb and supplies.

Edited to add, a pistol, a sling equipped rifle and a shotgun are sufficient for me.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by kyred]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have never quite understood the desire for a handgun. Now, don't get me wrong, we are members of the NRA and would protect a citizen's right to ownership. I just don't understand why so many people think they need them. The jurisdictions I have lived in require that a handgun be locked in one location and the ammunition in a different location. So here we have a home breakin, and what are you going to say? "Wait a minute while I get my gun out of the basement safe and find the ammunition in my closet?" If you leave your gun out and loaded in an easily accessible spot, then the chance of an accidental shooting far outpaces the use for safety purposes. Give me my industrial-strength can of bear spray any day. It shoots 20 feet and covers anything in its path. If it accidentally discharges, the loved one will be cussing up a storm, but not dead. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's like any other collection. As long as your personal life, work life, finances do not suffer you're fine.

Does Jay Leno have too many cars? Does the old lady down the street have too many ceramic cats?

"Too m"any" is the point at which you go into debt, lose a job, lose a souse, etc... other than that there is no such thing as too many.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join