It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Real Time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This doesn't go into the concept of the multiverse or omniverse...

What if traveling to other solar systems and galaxies is, one, possible through wormholes, and two, the same as flying overseas on a week's vacation? In other words, could there be a synchronous, universal real time? Or would wormhole travel necessitate a time distortion where the trip back to Earth wouldn't be in the same time frame as the departure? Or, like the clichè sci-fi scenario, could it be possible to program time coordinates to whatever desired day (on whatever world) in all history... and the future?

A universal real time, if true, or however it could be realized, would greatly simplify the idea of wormhole travel; if truly possible to begin with. However, there would have to be some kind of warning mechanism (part of the wormhole itself, I would guess) that would avoid re-opening in systems that have actually gone nova/supernova that we THINK still exist, assuming the basic light speed theory is correct. Yes, I realize this is a mighty big one to try to get one's head around, but was hoping for some feedback anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Time is relevant to the observer. time

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Are you asking if the wormhole would bend space time? To a time line that is relevant to ours. Not going somewhere then coming back and everyone is gone because of the amount of time it took to return. Now that is something to think about. :p: on the idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ahh!! My favorite.

Time, as we understand it, is just that, Merely our simple understanding of something we know nothing about. Time as it were, universal or otherwise, is a made up concept to describe our entropy in this particular universe. Should we exist in a higher dimension, we may be able to see all of the possible paths one might take. As we exist now, we only see 3 dimensional cross sections of our fourth dimensional self. The fourth dimension, "time" may not be anything like we understand it to be. Just because we "perceive" it in a certain way does not mean it behaves like that always. "Time" as it were might move backwards from a particular perspective. Perhaps the confinements of "Time" as we know it, are not relative in some of the higher dimensions. "Time" may be the result of the higher dimensions. Who ever said that the dimensions had to ascend. Perhaps the dimensions begin at 12 and all of the effects are translated down into the lower levels through the various lower dimensions. Not to mention that the first dimension may not be the first or the last. There may be negative or zero dimensions. But that is a topic for another day.

We might meet ourselves before we ever decided to leave and then run into numerous other versions of ourselves along the journey. There might even be versions where we never left, but since we met ourselves, we decided to go or not.

"Time" may very well be immaterial when traveling in a certain way. Rest assured, the subatomic chaos of the infinitesimal may yet be discovered to be made more to our scale. But we are certainly not ready for that.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think the ideal form of space-time travel would be to leave Earth and spend a month or more on however many planets (in this galaxy or others) and be able to return to Earth within a few hours or even minutes of departure time. That to me is or would be the pinnacle of a technologically (even if not within technology as we imagine) advanced people.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i have an idea that may not sit well with some but i have given this alot of thought. the time we experience on earth is probably just a shift in total electrons in this space. now this is the part where some will turn a deaf ear. i believe there is one other dimension where universal time can appear. a few weeks ago i remember seeing an article that our universe may be a hologram. i believe this is why the bible says god created the heavens (plural). this dimension is possibly where thought can happen (possibly expressed in ion channels in the brain). this may be why humans can experience timelessness. time in this dimension is more like instances and probably not absolute.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is a direct correlation between the supposed ambient energetic filed from which actual energy can be harnessed, and the fact that we are existing within the apparent result of that very same imbalance. "Time" as it moves forward is by it's nature an unbalanced equation. I suggest that if something moves in one direction, it must be able to return to whence it originated.
The electricity we harness by mechanical means is merely the runoff from an entirely different phenomenon happening at the subatomic level. The very fabric of the universe at the subatomic level, begins to break apart. Creating discharges into our universe. The resulting imbalance towards our particular dimension gives rise to the energy that is consolidated into solid matter. That very same phenomenon is what gives our apparent condition the illusion that we are progressing forward. Hence the holographic Universe. Should it have been off by just a bit more, we would either not experience time at all, experience all time simultaneously or be in a universe of pure energy, or perhaps nothing at all. If all of the higher dimensions contain all possibilities than there cannot be any correct answer, because all answers are both right and or wrong.
The quest for an all encompassing perfect equation to answer the universal questions has been only recently discovered this imbalance. In that discovery lies another idea as well. the perfect equation may indeed include bits of information that by their very nature imperfect. A kind of unorganized chaos that creates the illusion of synchronicity.

Sorry, Aether moment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Time. Does it really exist or we just bang our head to the concept that it does adding to the millions of questions in the list? I personally dont have a concept of time lately with the repetitions and synchronicity i find time so hard to comprehend or can it ever be manipulated through the mind? Would you have an answer or enlightenment?

top topics

join