It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's seen in Northern Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am like others..... Does anyone know where we can see this footage of the UFO? I have looked on the internet alot and there is much talk about this video, but cannot find it anywhere. It would be interesting to see....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

Originally posted by kaz555

Indeed iran would be able to afford that, how do you think they afford to buy all these nuclear secrets, and aircraft, for example the f 14, they have a whole fleet, and iran makes alot of money through selling gas, and it could be a joint partnership, and you forgot that iran also has ties with ussr, and ussr has some crazy #, especially them crazy migs and helicopters such as the ka 52

Nuclear secrets are CHEAP. How much did that Pakistani scientist sell the info for? Less than 500k I think. I don't know the cost of a F14 but the F/A 18 hornet goes for 1 mil I can't imagine it's much more than that (unless you want it assembled.) The russian military is PATHETIC, remember that's what made the USSR fall, they were trying to keep up with the US technology and failed miserably. Migs? lol migs are a joke against a US fighter jet, hell I have a guy I used to work for who could get you a Mig for the right price. So no, if the best Iran can afford is F14s and Migs it adds nothing to the argument of them being able to buy an aircraft that can do full stop instant turn and instant accretion at speeds faster than any known craft. For any government who developed / reverse engineered a craft like that to make a profit off it (not to mention they would have to develop the technology they didn't have.) They would have to charge billions just to begin to cover the r&d cost. After spending Billions what do you say Iran would do, they scare some farmers with it?

I think not.

I like the part with scaring the farmers, that was pretty funny, but remeber, its not like iran is trying to keep up with any country, iran has been in silence for quite a while now, ever since the 1980's, we dont hear much about what is happenign there, at least the civilan population doesnt know, but something might have been going on. also i belive the reason the quake occured, which killed thousands of people is because of the nuclear weapons testing that has been going on, i belive the testing has been done underground, which caused the barriars under to collapase, or some crap like that, i dont know much about topography or what ever you call it, back to the subject, an f 18 would cost around 15-30 million, no way in hell would it be 1 million, if it was every country would get that, and assemble it, even terroirst would get there hands on them,

Iran continued to seek and acquire conventional weapons and production technologies, primarily from Russia, China, and North Korea. Since Russia announced in November 2000 that it was abrogating the Gore-Chernomyrdin Agreement, the Russian and Iranian Governments and firms have engaged in high-level discussions on a wide variety of military services and equipment � including air defense, naval, air and ground weapons, and technologies. In October 2001, Tehran and Moscow signed a new military-technical cooperation agreement, which laid the groundwork for negotiations and created a commission for future arms sales, but did not itself include sales contracts.

Contract negotiations, which may take years to complete, continued in the following months and at least one sale�apparently for helicopters�was concluded. Various Russian officials and academicians have suggested that sales under this new agreement could, in the next few years, make Iran Russia's third-largest arms customer, after China and India. Until that agreement is concluded, Russia will continue to deliver on existing contracts. Estimates of conventional arms sales to Iran of $300 million per year would put Iran's share of Russian sales worldwide at roughly 10 percent, compared to more than 50 percent going to China and India.

Outside the Russian market, Iran's search for conventional weapons is global. In particular, Iran capitalized on the specialized weapons services and lower prices that China and North Korea offered. Elsewhere, Iran sought out products, particularly weapons components and dual-use items, that are superior in quality to those available from Russia or that have proven difficult to acquire through normal government channels.

it could very well be some advanced iranian or U.S aircraft, or if not an U.F.O, for all i know i got my glock 22 ready , so its all good, if there was ever to be an invasion

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by kaz555]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This made yahoo's headlines. Someone was quoted saying that these lights are probaly Venus being mistaked
cough BS cough. Have any pics surfaced yet on the happenings, I am curious to see what is goin on.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"In my opinion, flying saucers do not exist," he said, insisting his telescopes would have picked up invaders from outer space.

Thisguy has telescopes that can see ufo's from outer space
lets say his telescopes did pick up "invaders" from outer space.. what the hell would he do?Ok with that said and me quoting that guy whats hilarious to me now, Ill go with the theory that it could have been a plane flying over head with flashing lights because we see lights on planes all the time.. the thing that gets me is that they described it as sparkling white disk now thats the part i dont get, that could have been a plane as well but other colors aswell and red blue purple rays? Unless the aliens like their own color beams here instead of clear white and got tired of it
i dont know what it was we shall soon find out i guess.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
More on this story. Interestingly, an astronomical expert from Iran is debunking all of the sightings, despite film of a "shining white disc" filmed over the capital. (Still looking for pics) He is claiming that what people are seeing is Venus, and that if ufo's were real they would have been spotted in telescopes.
It is interesting this debunking, in a country that is so seperated from the west, however maybe aliens are against strict Islamic beliefs?

That is so typical for someone who does not believe in UFO's to come out and always say "No UFO has been misidentified more than the planet Venus." I'm sick of hearing that excuse. I for one believe in UFO's. Now it could be one of two things. Either being from another planet or our government flying something we've never heard of. Plus, if it was a disc shaped craft than our government probably built it using recovered alien technology.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Copy and paste from Source: www.ufoinfo.com...

www.nationalufocenter.com...

Iran -UFOs over the Cities
TEHRAN -- Thousands of people saw flying lights and objects for several days and several times in the sky of many cities of Iran on April 12,13,14, 2004, according to a journalist of Irna News. A light in the sky flew slow with different colors over the city Gonbade Kavoos on April 13, at night. UFO Sighting was seen over Meshkin Shahr the next morning. On April 14 at 9 PM, an oval UFO was sighted for 90 minutes over the small city Bileh Savar. It started to fly straight and became four flying lights. Later at 8:30 many people saw a UFO with two small wings and beams of light in different colors flying over the city Tabriz. On April 17, at 8:30 PM, people saw a light over Azad Shahr in North Iran for 60 minutes with changing color. On April 18, at 11 PM, people sighted an oval UFO fly over Poldokhtar in west Iran for thirty minutes. On April 21, several people saw a strong pink light fly slowly over the city Gorgan. 21 of April in the night people of three cities Saris (north Iran), Ardabil (north west), Gonbade Kavoos(north east), sighting strong lights flying in the sky. Many Official Newspapers write about these UFOs sightings on these days. Official Iranian TV 1 shows a short Handy cam video film of one of these UFO (light) sightings. Thanks to Brian Vike and Hashemi, Director HBCC UFO Research

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
"In my opinion, flying saucers do not exist," he said, insisting his telescopes would have picked up invaders from outer space.
[Edited on 29-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

I read that too. I thought that he sounded rather arrogant. HIS telescopes see all of the skies of Iran? Come on

Granted, the object could have been anything.....but I like to let my mind wander.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
From CNN

"State television Wednesday showed a sparkling white disc it said was filmed over Tehran Tuesday night."

I'm sure that video will make its way around the internet soon.

Here's an excellent account of the 1976 Iran UFO that disabled two F-4 Phantom jets that were scrambled to intercept it. This UFO wasn't no stinkeeen military classified vehicle or planet Venus.

www.bobpratt.org...

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
I'm sure that video will make its way around the internet soon.

I hope your right Condorcet. This is starting to become infuriating. The BBC is reporting that the state run television in Iran is :

State television has shown pictures of a sparkling white disc which it says was filmed over Tehran on Tuesday.

yet they have a picture of Venus to go along with the article!!

Also of interest:

A reporter for the Irna state news agency observed a UFO last week for 90 minutes in the northern city of Bilesavar and was able to film it, according to a report in the newspaper Hambastegi.

The UFO was spherical and had two arms, the paper said.

And of course, the article goes on to quote the astronomy guy. Its funny, but I always thought that pilots were considered qualified observers. ?

"The people who have seen these things are not experts - farmers, villagers and pilots," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pictures and a video. Not very convincing, and certainly not the reported video of the "sparkling disc."

www.wtnh.com...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Have written a few UFo research sites. None seem to have the pics or video. But, two wrote back and said that they have contacted the witnesses and are trying to obtain it. hmmmm... Why is it no where to be seen...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Take a closer look at this news coverage of the film taken in Iran. Look at the small screen on the cam corder about 2 minutes into the entire news story.

www.wtnh.com...

Does it look like the light in the sky zips to the right and then gets small and dissapears only to be seen again shortly after???

Maybe it's just me or it could be because it's a sight on a screen being recorded itself. It kinda looks odd to me. This guy could be zooming in and out and moving the cam around as well.

I hope other people can see what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Additional (now locked) thread on the same topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think someone has mentioned this before so if they have ignore this post and sorry for the repetition.

Isnt the light retracted off Venus or something the excuse given by MIB? Both comic and films????

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Has anyone got a clue what this guy is talking about?

Are Sumerian gods coming to kill us all because of the war in Iraq?

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's pretty typical rense.com stuff. It's content should always be taken with a pinch (or two) of salt.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
That's pretty typical rense.com stuff. It's content should always be taken with a pinch (or two) of salt.

I think a wheelbarrow of salt is required before going to the Rense site!

Sounds like typical Sci-Fi fulled fantasy stuff......

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What is interesting about this story is the absolute lack of interest by the media to report on anything other than a "bunch of farmers" that must have seen Venus.

Still no real video or pictures of a UFO. Does Iran not have the right to publish on the Web? Who controls content?

If the actual video was published and censored would we even know?

I think Bill G.'s deal with the Feds pretty much ensures that only what they want you to know you will know.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by weemart
Has anyone got a clue what this guy is talking about?

Are Sumerian gods coming to kill us all because of the war in Iraq?

www.rense.com...

The Sumers dates for the return of the annunaki coincides with the myan calander and seem to indicate 2012-2024 as the reasonable range, if it's true.
The arcticle in the link had a bunch of other mombo-jumbo in it though.
I've been studying the Sumer. akkadian and babaylonian cultures and writtings for 20+ years now.
either the annunaki are real or they are not.
There is strong evidence not only that they were here, but that they genetically manipulated mankind to it's present form.
We will know one way or the other in the next 20 years. My opinion is they are coming back, they need gold, just like the sumers wrote, to release in thier stratosphere as nibiru approaches perihelion, to protect them, just as we use gold to treat spacecraft windows and astronauts helmets.
If it's coming we should spot Nibiru very soon.
It makes sense they would scout the area of the fertile cresent, as this is very familiar to them.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's like Nukes are a magnet for these ufos!

Does an atomic blast cause dammage to something, somewhere, we aren't aware of?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join