It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's seen in Northern Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I work for a radio station and we get this thing every day called "Morning Prep Daily", which has show biz news, music news, weird fact.....junk like that. Well, today's MPD has this in it:

"Residents of Northern Iran have reported a string of UFOs moving at low altitudes and emitting different colors (Emitting different colors? Those CIA boys are sure getting fancy.)"

That thing in parenthesis is what they suggest saying after it, I guess.....most of the suggestions are pretty stupid, I thought this was funny though, so I said it. Anyway...has anyone heard about these UFO's in northern Iran?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes, I read about this yesterday. Would be nice though if there were some film to go with it...

UFO's Over Iran

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"But astronomy professor Ajab Shirizadeh told IRNA that while the presence over the Islamic republic of extra-planetary craft could not be ruled out, the sightings could also be attributed to spy or communications satellites. "

I agree with what he said, plus it could be just military planes or drones and they just can't identify them.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It appears the nighttime visitors aren't leaving...

Tehran, , Apr. 28 (UPI) -- Iranians are busy watching the night skies in search of unidentified flying objects, which have lit their air space for the past few nights, reports said.

The Iranian news agency, IRNA, said a beaming object was spotted twice over several Iranian cities in the past few days, including the western city of Kasr Shirin where people stormed the streets to watch the suspected UFO.

They said the body which appeared in the sky Tuesday night is circular and beaming white and blue lights. It was visible for 20 minutes and then disappeared, witnesses said.

Full Story: washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Like all UFO's, occam's razor suggest these are military in nature.

And being that Iran is very much into nuclear tech right now, the US would be using their best ships/drones/planes for surveliance.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There always seems to be a hgh UFO observation rate, when there is tension over Nuclear technology. Iran being on the verge of testing an active nuclear weapon may have signled the "UFO" into the area for observation. It is very possible we might have "vistors" that are more then curious about humans meddling with atomic weapons.

Although I can not rule out, the US effort to send spy aircraft into the area over Iran. I somehow doubt that the spy aircraft would be that visable at night to the extent of illuminating themselves to be seen. That part almost rules out the possibility of it being a US spy aircraft.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sure it could be military, but what idiot would make a spy plane that lights up like that? Hardly covert there if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More on this story. Interestingly, an astronomical expert from Iran is debunking all of the sightings, despite film of a "shining white disc" filmed over the capital. (Still looking for pics) He is claiming that what people are seeing is Venus, and that if ufo's were real they would have been spotted in telescopes.
It is interesting this debunking, in a country that is so seperated from the west, however maybe aliens are against strict Islamic beliefs?

TEHRAN, Iran - Is Iran about to be invaded by little green men, or are the Americans racing through the night sky in spaceships to spy on the Islamic Republic?

UFO fever grips Iran

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Being that iran is very close to iraq and it has been noted many times in the past that ufo's are spotted in the region of war torn areas...
The arab israeli war.
The war in yugoslavia.
strange lights that many pilots reported during wwii
and many other incidents.

i also find it amazing that the ufo's ive seen also emit the same color sequence reported in that article.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Anyone know links for photos or the movie?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
since i have many iranian relatives, im going to reply to this topic, i think mostly it's advancd aircraft, or maybe in a rare case, it could be a ufo, due to the nuclear tension, it could be surviellence for all i know, or it could be some advacad iranian aircraft, that iran bought

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Interestingly, an astronomical expert from Iran is debunking all of the sightings,

He is claiming that what people are seeing is Venus, and that if ufo's were real they would have been spotted in telescopes

dam you beat me to it! I think (obviously) that they are trying to get people not to panic. I've heard stories from soldiers who were in Iraq who have seen aircraft they couldn't identify, I've heard it from rangers who are trained to be able to identify aircraft so it's not like this is something new. The odd thing here is Iran actually reported it, that's the only puzzling aspect.

"It's light from Venus" is almost as sad of an excuse as "a weather balloon crashed in Roswel"

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaz555
or it could be some advacad iranian aircraft, that iran bought

Not a chance in hell. If any country had an aircraft like that Iran could 1. not afford it and 2. would know about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Has anyone ever tried to find a correlation between Mass sightings worldwide and subsequent natural disasters? I tried about 2 yrs ago but couldn"t find enough historical data. I"m not very computer or internet literate. Mostly I read books. It seems to me that these sightings preceed natural disasters within a year or so.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
there are mass sightings about every 1-6 months. I'm just wondering what government is going to shoot one of these things down and be kind enough to share it with the rest of the world. I'd like to see something like that swept under the carpet.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

or it could be some advacad iranian aircraft, that iran bought

Not a chance in hell. If any country had an aircraft like that Iran could 1. not afford it and 2. would know about it.

Indeed iran would be able to afford that, how do you think they afford to buy all these nuclear secrets, and aircraft, for example the f 14, they have a whole fleet, and iran makes alot of money through selling gas, and it could be a joint partnership, and you forgot that iran also has ties with ussr, and ussr has some crazy #, especially them crazy migs and helicopters such as the ka 52

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree with the last paragraph of the article its highly unlike that the sdighting was a UFO the lady said "it was flashing."Blue ,red and green" it could have been a spy plane or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I agree with the last paragraph of the article its highly unlike that the sdighting was a UFO the lady said "it was flashing."Blue ,red and green" it could have been a spy plane or something.

Drunk, by its very nature a "spy" plane would want to remain stealthy, no? Why do you think a spy plane would be blinking different colored lights to attract attention?

Maybe some type of psy-ops?

I do wonder if these sightings have anything to do with Irans alleged nuclear program...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Indeed iran would be able to afford that, how do you think they afford to buy all these nuclear secrets, and aircraft, for example the f 14, they have a whole fleet, and iran makes alot of money through selling gas, and it could be a joint partnership, and you forgot that iran also has ties with ussr, and ussr has some crazy #, especially them crazy migs and helicopters such as the ka 52

Nuclear secrets are CHEAP. How much did that Pakistani scientist sell the info for? Less than 500k I think. I don't know the cost of a F14 but the F/A 18 hornet goes for 1 mil I can't imagine it's much more than that (unless you want it assembled.) The russian military is PATHETIC, remember that's what made the USSR fall, they were trying to keep up with the US technology and failed miserably. Migs? lol migs are a joke against a US fighter jet, hell I have a guy I used to work for who could get you a Mig for the right price. So no, if the best Iran can afford is F14s and Migs it adds nothing to the argument of them being able to buy an aircraft that can do full stop instant turn and instant accretion at speeds faster than any known craft. For any government who developed / reverse engineered a craft like that to make a profit off it (not to mention they would have to develop the technology they didn't have.) They would have to charge billions just to begin to cover the r&d cost. After spending Billions what do you say Iran would do, they scare some farmers with it?

I think not.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
found one on cnn.. www.cnn.com...

after reading about saucers in iran on cnn text on my television...

<<   2  3 >>

join