It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hey D, Ifeel u dog, I see nothing wrong with how you feel about the world. S&F keep up the good work of informing us sheelpes

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by notyme67

damn, haed to spell with a woman in your ear

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've said this before but will so again.
From what I heard...from Mexican nationals that travel to my city (El Paso) ...they come from Juarez. The cartels are not behind all of this violence.they have supposedly calmed..As we have discussed before...CIA and several underground impostors are most likely the force.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by antmax21]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Originally posted by David9176
I just wanted to add this...

THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

We have every right to defend our families.

I hope that it doesn't get much worse for people living down on the border states.

LOL, your going to take on the drug lords.

Goodluck with that.

The Police and Military can't contain them, but the Civilians will.

No but it sure as hell would make them think twice before trying to break into someones house and kidnap them, that they will be reciveing a nice housewarming burst of automatic gunfire the moment they break down the door

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

i live in australia and i think its just a case of you don't hear about it over there. i live in a small town of about 13k, and we have just had a gang war erupt here with shootings and so on. it doesn't even get attention in the local papers here. and if you go to our capitals there are mafia and drug gangs there who are very well armed. if the criminals need guns they can get the guns no problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I thought it was illegal to own a gun in Australia,Britain and Mexico.
How do guns still exist here?

I think Britain is now outlawing knives because stabbings have skyrocketed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
We should have voted for this guy, problem solved.

Click Here

Sorry all, lol I just had to throw a bit of humor in there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
It was our drug war that spilled into mexico and has pretty much destroyed their entire country.
We are the reason for the cartels and the bloodshed, now we are starting to feel the effects that they have had to live with for so long and its their fault?
Im sorry but we need to man up and accept the fact that we are the reason that Mexico is on the brink of total collapse.

Absolute total garbage. Yes, just blame America for everything. How pathetic. Mexico has been messed up for a LONG time. They are a totally corrupt country and that is NOT the fault of the US.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

It's starting to get much worse. I wonder if the fed will actually start to deal with this...and if they do...what will it mean for all of us.

We are already involved in TWO wars. How could we possibly handle 3? We are flat broke...our soldiers have been fighting for years already and it's already known that Afghanistan could last 4-5 years.....and now we have this

Could it mean a possible draft? When are we actually going to deal with this?

Terrible times we live in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's ironic that the US government is spending so much money on things, programs, agencies, etc. that have NOTHING to do with what the Constitutional role of the government actually is, that they can't afford to fulfill the #1 priority of the government - protect our borders. The problem is that the 2 parties have been falling over each other trying to pander to Hispanics. They are more interested in getting that voting bloc than protecting our borders. It's the sad truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

You're not quite understanding the situation here, I think. I never said that Mexican government would declare war against us. It's the drug cartels, not the Mexican government, that has started to cross national boundaries, and they don't care if they get Mexico mixed up with us or not.

Actually, come to think about it, I take that back. The drug cartels would probably LOVE to get the Mexican government involved in a war with the U.S., because it would force Mexico to deal with more than one front at a time.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Antimax,

You said:

The cartels are not behind all of this violence.they have supposedly calmed..As we have discussed before...CIA and several underground impostors are most likely the force

Where did you hear this? Can you cite any sources on this? It would be interesting to see if the CIA is indeed involved in trying to start yet another false flag attack, posing as Mexican drug cartels, but I don't see how they "fake" so many murders and acts of violence across the border.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As I said in another post, one thing we can do right now to stimulate our economy and industry, create jobs, and secure our borders is to increase border security and employ citizens to build a huge fence all the way across the border made with good ol US Steel and cement

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I will do my best to stay within the confines of the TOS and to be respectful here, but I have seen numerous posts that say Texas would have taken care of this problem. I think I can speak for most when I say, Texas has given America both Bushs' and a lot of other candidates for the antichrist, I really don't think we need Texas' help on this one. Texas seems to be the problem for many of Americas ailments and has certainly contributed to the downfall of Americas economy, if not the whole world.....thanks, but no thanks. Only Texas seems to be the ones who like Texas. Just calling a spade a spade.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by delta33

I thought it was illegal to own a gun in Australia... How do guns still exist here?

You know the old saying: "When you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns." Criminals have no problem getting guns. The gun laws only ensure that it is difficult for private citizens to obtain guns.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't know why I keep getting all these double posts!! Sorry... I must be hitting the enter button twice or something.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

It's ironic that the US government is spending so much money on things, programs, agencies, etc. that have NOTHING to do with what the Constitutional role of the government actually is, that they can't afford to fulfill the #1 priority of the government - protect our borders.

Well said! The government has that one major role in our Constitution, and yet they are neglecting it above all else at this point!! Yet another reason why we have a reason to protest our government. But when we do speak out on this very issue, people call us "hate-mongers" or "racist" and all sort of other names.

Our borders are not secure! Our government doesn't care and is giving away BILLIONS of our tax money to these illegal immigrants. It pisses me off that I cannot get individual health care insurance, because of a pre-existing health condition (and so I cannot start my own business), and yet I have to work hard to pay taxes that go for health care insurance for all the people who come over here illegally and just jump right on the welfare bandwagon.

I have no problem with welfare for people in our society who truly, truly need it....but if you're here illegaly and getting free heathcare insurance because you're poor, that's an abuse of the system, and it gets me so angry.

In addition, the Mexican and Central American drug gangs are some of the most violent in the world....and our jails are full of them. So, once again, my tax dollars, the ones I work so hard to pay for, are paying to house and care for violent offenders who have should never been allowed to be here in the first place. Yet when we say "ship them out" and "keep them out", WE'RE called hateful.

Do you know that there are federal health clinics all over Phoenix, where the illegal immigrants get FREE health care, paid for by Federal tax dollars. And just a few miles away, there are homeless vets living on the street that can't get into the Arizona Medicaid system because they don't have a current address?? I've literally paid for the medications, out of my own pocket, for a homeless vet who could not get medicaid to pay for his pneumonia medications, and then I had to hand over free medicine to an illegal Mexican family who brought their entire family here and them put them directly on welfare.

As a health care worker, I'm supposed to be impartial, but that gets me angry.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Just another reason to legalize...

Imagine how impotent the Mexican Cartels would be if we legalized?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by axistr

Well, well, there is some intelligent life on this thread. Thank you for your first-hand information on MJ. You made many great points about all the problems that would be created if drugs, and specifically MJ were to be legalized.

When people start spouting this nonsense about making drugs legal, I can't believe the absolute idiocy of such an idea. Of course, I take into account that many of the people that want drugs legalized are users, so their brain cells aren't firing on all cylinders.

Every excuse given for legalizing drugs makes no sense. We have the time-worn "well, you'll never stop it!". No kidding. We have laws against murder, rape, and bank robberies. Yet, by golly, every day people are killed, raped, and robbed. Just think how much money we could save if we didn't have these "silly" laws!

Then, we have the arguement, "well, alcohol and tobacco are worse than pot, and they're legal!" Without realizing it, these people actually make the argument to keep drugs ILLEGAL even stronger. We have 2 substances that are legal and look at the devastation that has resulted. Why in the world would a sane person want to make more substances legal?

You pro-druggies can't have it both ways. You can't say on one hand that the War on Drugs is a failure, but that few people die from illegal drugs. Has it dawned on any of you that there might be a connection? Hmm???

Right now, there's a certain social stigma against drug use because it IS illegal. Make it legal and you will remove that stigma. This will lead to a huge increase in useage. Don't believe me? Ok, just cite for me ONE activity that has decreased after becoming legal.

And where are these drugs supposed to come from that you want legal? Do you want your government not only in the business of selling drugs, but producing them as well? Meth is bad enough of an epidemic as it is. Are some of you insane enough to want the government to be cooking up junk in their own meth labs and selling it? Have you absolutely lost your mind?

And where will all of your new junkies get the money for their drugs? OH, wait, I know. Not only do you want the government to produce heroin, coc aine, meth, etc., and sell the poison to its citizens, you want the government to give it away for free, right? Because THAT will "cut down on crime", right? LOL. Imagine a world in which alcohol was free. Now, multiply that by about 100 and that's the wonderful world you would have created.

Suddenly, the War on Drugs sounds like a phenomenal success.

The US needs to "grow a pair" and get serious about protecting our Southern border. If it wasn't so easy to get across the border, although it's not as easy as it was before 9/11, there wouldn't be such a problem on the border. Miami, used to be completely out of control in the late 70s because of coc aine. I'm not going to suggest that the city is drug free by any stretch, but the situation is nowhere close to being what it was.

The answer is to get serious about protecting our border, NOT to commit national suicide by legalizing drugs. No country on the face of the earth has been THAT stupid, and those countries that have lenient laws on drugs are now trying to take steps to reverse it. Well, it's a little late. The genie is out of the bottle. We can't afford to make the same mistake.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
reply to post by Fox News

Agreed. Look at all the other country that have really strict gun laws, look at their statics of violent crimes. It's because we as a society give these criminal the tools to be commit these crimes, and now we want to cry about it? Well too bad, this is the price for our second amendment. Just because YOU AS AN AMERICAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS AND PROTECT YOURSELF, GIVES THE CHANCE FOR CRIMINALS TO BEAR ARMS AND HURT YOU. DUH!

If you really want to see drop in violent crimes in the US, take away all the guns from all civilian people. I PROMISE YOU THE CRIME RATE WILL DROP.

Yeah, I understand the crime rate in Germany was quite low under Hitler. How'd that work out?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join