It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Failed Transparancy Step

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So I was listening to Bernanke exclaim to the senate and to congress that they've built this awesome new site to answer questions about the FED. To help with their 'transparency movement'. Well I visited it, and despite the fact it looks like it was designed by my neighbor's middle school kid, it really doesn't inform me of what's going on in detail. It's very static, no forum, limited/unhelpful FAQs, etc.

www.federalreserveeducation.org...

Am I on the wrong site or is this really the one Bernanke was promoting? What in the world do they expect to accomplish with this? This has got to be the most terrible attempt to creating faux transparency I've ever seen...

I'm glad they're taking it seriously, I see there's a 'games' section in FED101.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Wow. They think we need cartoons to figure out how the fed really works..And they don't even get into details. They provide no data, no real figures, no resources. I can't believe they're calling this transparency.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree. That is a site full of back-patting pseudo-transparency.

It is designed to look like the Fed as our friend and we can rest easy in its figuative arms and... Go back to sleep, my little lambikins.

There is no real information there at all. Just a facade.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well well well, I wish i could say that I'm surprised, but that would be very far from the truth. I guess we couldn't expect much from them as far as transparancy.

God forbid they put out some real numbers and people realize they've been robbing us for the past 90 years or so. I am starting to see the kind of "change" that is coming to Washington, and it seems less like change that I can believe in, and more change I don't get to see.

What does the government think they are going to accomplish by putting out these ridiculously childish websites, when the adults of this country have asked for transparency and honesty.

I think this is just more fuel for the coming revult. Might as well add it on to the pile. It'll make our voices heard louder when the time comes.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's just so frustrating that, when questioned about making information available to the public by Washington, Bernanke sites this 'website project that was just launched'. By building this childish site, he fulfills that obligation for transparency.

I can almost guarantee 99% of the politicians will not view this site. The same thought applies for when they ask a question, they get a canned response such as "I'll email that information this week", which is always politely answered with "I'm looking forward to receiving it..." Is that it?! Where's the response for us?! Did they even get it? If they did, did they read it?! What the hell is going on...?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus

I'm glad they're taking it seriously, I see there's a 'games' section in FED101.

I really thought solving Fed Clue would lead to a solution statement like Bernake, in the Capitol, with the Bailout Bill...I guess that would not a worthy educational game.

Wilson, in the White House, signing an unconstitutional bill into law.
Nope, no such luck....

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Looks like it's time to launch a private REAL fed education site ....
Something along the lines of "Since the actual Fed site has so little in the way of real education, here's what's really going on -"

A year ago this kind of effort would not be noticed, but in this climate I could see a Glenn Beck spot and a gazillion hits....

[edit on 1-3-2009 by maudeeb]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

Hmm, that's a very good idea. I've created many sites and marketing/advertisement videos for nearly 30 of the fortune 50 companies. I'd rather not say what exactly to protect my identity. It's definitely something I could do, and do well enough to have taken seriously by an onlooker.

The question is, if someone like myself or my colleagues created a more informative and transparent version of the FED site, how would it be populated with information? Clearly, nobody can keep an eye on them if they don't let anyone know what they're doing...

[edit on 3.1.2009 by Avarus]

new topics

top topics

join