UFOs, USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Interesting statements regarding UFOs/USOs from around the Puerto Rico area:

"One night in 1968 while on an operation in the Caribbean, I went up to the open bridge to relieve the watch. At 23:45, the other watch section wouldn't leave – this is really unusual because typically they want to get what’s left of the mid-rats (sandwiches and soup served on the mess deck) and hit the rack However, they stayed to observe two UFO’s that were being tracked on radar by CIC.
They were tracking two bright lights, that didn't answer up to IFF – they weren't enemy, friend, foe or commercial aircraft. And were flying at speeds in excess of 400 knots and making turns at right angles. Nothing we knew of could do this but they did.
We saw them hover over the water within eyesight at about a few thousand yards, one submerging and the other as if standing guard above, waiting for the other to resurface. When it emerged, they buzzed off in formation at about a 45-degree angle to exit our planet. As they became distant, turned color from a bright white to a burning amber, and disappearing within about 10 seconds."
Bridgewatchman G M Brinkman aboard the USS Waldron,1968-Near Puerto Rico

"I was standing the mid watch sounding security watch and always went to the fantail on my rounds to talk to the seaman who stood watch there. It was around midnight and we were just talking, looking up at the stars when this UFO just lite up in the sky about 1000 feet high and a quarter a mile away aft of the ship so the bridge could not see it. It did not come from anywhere that we could see.
We don't know if it came out of the ocean or what but all we saw was it just turned on it lights and was just sitting there. It did not make one sound and it had a few different color lights on it, red, blue and white I believe. I said to the seaman on watch, "do you see what I see" and he said yes so I told him to call up to the bridge and see if they can see anything on their radar.
They replied that nothing was showing up on the screen and as soon as they told us that, this UFO took off like nothing I have ever seen. It looked like it traveled a 1000 miles in just a split second in a zig zag motion not making any noise or even a sight of smoke."
Jonathan Beaston,Machinist Repairman First Class U. S. Navy aboard the USS Comte De Grasse DD-974- Puerto Rico, Dec. 1995

"I saw something in the sky that I didn't know what it was,it was over Highway Two about fifteen hundred feet, a large, lighted ball about six feet in diameter. It was going toward the beach very slowly.I was in the parking lot of the Hilton when they called me from the police department.They told me to go to the beach because a great many people were watching this object.
When I got there, the object was already hovering over the water about two or three miles off the beach. There were about five hundred people watching. There are about four public housing areas right there and all the people from the housing areas were there. I saw one light coming down but when I got to the beach I noticed there were two objects in the water, not together but about a mile away from each other. They were hovering over the water, right about at the water level.
Because of the distance I couldn’t tell if it was a few feet over the water or if they were actually touching the water. The first object stayed about an hour but the second one lasted at least four hours.
People came out of their houses to see the view and people came in cars, parked on the side of the street and went to the beach to see what was happening. I stayed until midnight, mostly keeping an eye on the group so there wouldn’t be any problems.
It was pretty high, like an orange-yellow light. I don't know exactly the size. As it came down it got larger. It was pretty good sized.
The police got many, many phone calls, all night. We called the Coast Guard but they didn’t come. They said it wasn't an emergency.
I think they were mystery objects. I was impressed by what I saw.There were many other officers who saw this."
Mayagüez Police Lieutenant Cesar Grácia -1977, Mayaquez, Puerto Rico - on witnessing two Large Glowing UFOs Enter & Emerge from Ocean.

"It was a real big triangular object,completely engulfed in a bright yellow light ... It seemed to be at an altitude of about 500 feet above the ground, over property belonging to Camp García. I calculated the altitude based on the height of some trees in the area. What intrigued me the most was that the thing was suspended right over the area where the US Navy has an airstrip or runway for their planes to land and take off ... And that it was an unidentified flying object.
There were no military exercises at the time, so what was that object, that triangle of light, doing there over the runway? Thinking that I was observing something I shouldn’t be seeing, I left the site at once. But from that moment on, I realized something very strange is taking place on the land controlled by the US Navy.
This has happened on many occasions, sometimes between 9 and 11 PM, and sometimes around 2 or 3 in the morning.They come out from the sea at a spot right in the middle of Punta Arenas and Roosevelt Roads Naval Station in Ceiba".
Wilfredo Feliciano- Director of the Vieques Municipal Police Department,Puerto Rico

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
National UFO Reporting Center.

State Report Index For Puerto Rico

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Man encounters aliens near Laguna Cartagena:

“The people parked outside my store were scared, apprehensive,”Miguel began. “They told me about these little creatures they'd seen. I didn't believe them and began joking with them. But then I saw the creatures too.

“There were five creatures, small, big headed with big, pointy ears, like in the sketch, three fingers on their hands and three toes on their feet. I don't know if they were dressed or not because everything was gray.”

The five beings were walking down the road away from the store. “I began follow­ing them," Miguel said. "They were walking along the road. Three were about four feet tall and the others about tree feet tall.

“I began following them and all of a sudden they turned around facing me. And that's when I heard this fast-talking, babbling sound, a high-pitched jargon. Their eyes were very bright, and the creatures became enveloped by a very bright ball of light, like soldering light. That light was more powerful than a car's headlights."
He got the impression they were very irritated with him, and he felt threatened.

“It was almost a warning to leave us alone," Miguel said. "I was a little scared. So I backed up and pulled away from them. They turned back and began walking away from me again.

"I began following them again and that's when they came to this point in the bushes next to the bridge and jumped down into the stream and disappeared toward the lagoon.”

The lagoon, called Laguna Cartagena, is to the east and not far from the Sierra Bermejo mountain range, an area where a lot of UFO sightings had been reported. The bridge is about a mile from the store.
Miguel said that when the creatures turned back around after warning him away, the glow of light surrounding them disappeared.

www.mufon.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Interesting UFO photograph from Ramie Air Force Base in Puerto Rico, 1967 (image found at 7:44).

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
More about the object filmed from the Space shuttle above Puerto Rico:

Perhaps the most interesting observation is a rapidly moving burst of light that appears near the earth's surface off the east coast of Puerto Rico. Occurring well before sunrise, away from thunderstorm activity, and moving at an estimated speed of over 500 miles/sec.

Anomalous Phenomena in Space Shuttle Mission STS-80 Video (pdf)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you for keeping this thread alive with updates. I just stumbled upon it and it's excellent! I wonder how many other gems are just buried in ATS. Anyway S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

XEphon, thanks for the reply.

Its certainly an awful lot of reports but I think the most disturbing one for me has to be the disappearance of flight N3808H in 1980 - theres a recording of the pilot's last words on the first page and it realy is a freaky one.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

it have been a while since I posted here after my Orlando UFO video, I just recently came from a little vacation in Puerto Rico visiting my family, and I'm glad there is a post of Puerto Rico UFO's.

Before I moved to the states my father had his Motorhome parked 24/7 on a rented place in La Parguera, LAJAS with a nice view of the coast. I went to parguera 3-4 times in a month, I was facinated about the UFO's in the area, since my sister an I saw one in the area around 1994. You can always see different weird lights on the sky at night. and the most impressive was the lights traveling fast underwater behind "Caracoles Island"

On this trip I went with my wife and daughter to see the "Laguna Fosforecente" were some micro organisms glow in the water when you disturbed. While we were on the ferry to the laguna, we saw a very bright light underwater far away from our position, and it was very close to the "Caracoles Island" and yes I TRIED TO TAKE A PICTURE but it was impossible. There is nothing better than the Human Eye.

My Kodak camera focus before taking a picture, it throws a green light and it focus, but I was trying to shoot to the open sea and it was pitch black except from the light under the water. let's just say I tried to take the picture and it because it was imposible I just enjoyed watching it with my wife. If I had my SLR camera it would be different thought.

The most impressive UFO I have seen was when I was on the highway from Ponce to San Juan, I was in Santa Isabel area, and I saw this big bright lights in the mountain , it looked like they built a new baseball park with those big bright lights, but the funny thing is that the houses in the mountain were kinda far from the park and it looked like a remote area. after driving for 2-3 minutes more the whole park lights "UFO" turned off and then back on and it suddenlty went up and it stayed there for about 10 seconds, and it suddently took off to the right "south" and it dissapeared.

Puerto Rico has a lot of UFO activity.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by cdesigns]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by cdesigns]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Cdesigns -thanks for the post.

Theres certainly been some freaky humanoid reports - here are some of the eyewitness drawings and sketches:

Lake Cartagena, Cabo Rojo Puerto Rico - August 31st, 1990:

Quebradillas, Puerto Rico - July 12, 1977:

El Yunque Mountain, Puerto Rico - October 20, 1973:

Ponce, Puerto Rico - Summer 1980:

Puerto Rico - 1980:

Aguada, Puerto Rico - April 28, 2006:

Priest abducted by humanoids -Puerto Rico,1964:

UFO Occupants ~ Drawings,Sketches and Non-Human Reports.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
More very strange humanoid reports from the El Yunque rainforest, Puerto Rico:

August 1992

The first of these two cases was the one when, at 5 pm one evening in August 1992, near the junction with Highway No. 191, close to the Colinas del Yunque Housing Settlement, a number of people - adults and children - encountered two humanoid beings about 4ft high, calmly walking along the road. Señora Soraya Collazo, and her three sons, Saudi, Didier, and Gabriel, and a daughter, all testified to the encounter.

Moreover, these four children - plus several of their friends and playmates - actually followed the two entities on their bicycles, for quite a few minutes! Then, finally, the little humanoids turned off the road into the thick woodland and vanished, and the children broke off their pursuit and turned back.

We interviewed Señora Collazo and all of her children - each one separately.They all stated that the entities had greyish-green coloured skin, rather large heads, dark almond-shaped eyes rather deeply set, and noses that were scarcely detectable. Their mouths were thin slits, without lips, and, just like the thing in the photo taken by Ruiz and Berríos, their hair looked as though light brown-creamy coloured, and swept upwards, as in what is called the “punk hair-do”.

February 1991:

...The second other earlier case, which we will now describe, was that of two policemen* and their wives, who also met two entities.

It was during the last days of February 1991, and at about 3.00 o’clock in the early morning, just by the car-park next to the Forestry Service’s booth where they sell souvenir photos and maps of the Yunque. (This booth stands just in front of the swimming-pool beside the 191 Highway).

Of the Police party, we interviewed Officer Luis Torres and his wife Margarita, who live at San Isidro, in the Municipal Area of Canóvanas.

They had been with a group of friends, visiting the Yunque, and at 3.00am as stated, they were astounded to see two extraordinarily strange beings a short distance from them, walking down the main road.

They described the entities as about 3 1/2 ft. high, with big heads and huge dark eyes, slender in build, and with long arms. They were dressed in what looked like “ninja-type costumes”, as they are called in Puerto Rico. (That is to say, like leotards, such as are used in exercises and gymnastics). Sr. Torres said these garments covered the entire body except for the face and the hands.

www.fsr.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
French documentary dealing with humanoid sightings in Puerto Rico:

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hey guys! I'm currently living in Carolina, PR. I know a guy who lives in the Condado area. He took some pretty cool pictures of an object over the sea one night. He then sent me the pictures via email. I will post the exact email he sent me with the images below:

Hola!!!!!
Esto fue en Condado (Ocean Park) y vi esto en el cielo que se acercaba y David tomo las fotos. Wow!!!!

-----Original Message-----
To: Al Simmers ; Bardales, Victor ; Adaliz Lozano ; shopgirl99_2000@yahoo.com; Charlie Daniels ; Eduardo Carrera
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2009 1:22 pm
Subject: UFO ?

I took the pictures from my balcony last night around 2Am. The thing
was just hanging out over the ocean. I grabbed my camera tried to get a
picture but was very dark and far away. I did not have time to use tripod so
image is jumpy. Then the thing started to move and went in over isle a
little ways up the beach. It was really strange made no noise and did not
look like a plane. Thing was big too.

Strange but true.

David

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Interesting UFO photograph from Ramie Air Force Base in Puerto Rico, 1967 (image found at 7:44).

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really nice video.
Thanks for posting that.

And really interesting thread!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies - this news report is in Spanish but features some interesting UFO footage from Puerto Rico:

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Security Guard and police witness UFOs (Spanish news report):

A security guard and Police witness tho bright UFOs and they were able to videotaped them.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
USO near Puerto Rico - USS Sarsfield, 1963:

Lorimer A. Grant in a letter describes an experience he had as a U.S. Naval officer in late summer 1963. He was on the USS Sarsfield sailing from Puerto Rico to Key West. Sailing at 24 knots, the sonar picked up a large object at 300 to 400 feet underwater. It seemed to be about 200 feet long and 40 feet wide. The ship circled the object. Checks were made by radio and they were informed that no known submarines were in the area. The object was radioed to surface and identify itself. When it did not, the ship circled and dropped concussion grenades on it. The object did not change its speed or course.

The ship then let down a large grappling hook on 500 fathoms of heavy line. The ship sailed back and forth so that the hook was drawn through the space that the sonar showed was filled with the object, yet no contact was ever made. After spending the afternoon fruitlessly trying to grapple an object that seemed so near them, the captain gave up. Grant reports that he heard other stories of such mysterious objects under the sea from fellow sailors.

Reference: INFO Journal, Vol. 3, #1, Whole #9, autumn 1972, p. 38

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
best poster on ATS great work

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Your thread is great and you have a lot of great information. However, I've been to Puerto Rico more times than I can count to visit family and the reality is I've never seen anything weird happen down there. And I'm a hardcore paranormal buff, I really wanted to see something. But nothing ever happened. Also, a fair amount of the population down there don't believe in this stuff, because they haven't seen anything either. I'm not saying nothing ever happened down there, just that I never witnessed anything with my own eyes and I've been all over the island.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to bump this thread back up because the subject compels me to.

Has anyone got that link to when President Clinton went to PR to investigate the USO's?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join