It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Minority Groups To Get Extra Government Help To Protect Them From The Recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ethnic minorities could get extra help during the recession following Government fears they will be hardest hit as the economy deteriorates. Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell announced a controversial drive to ensure ethnic minority workers do not get 'left behind'.

More at Source - Daily Mail

Er... does anyone else see the irony of a vehemently anti-racist, politically correct government talking about discrimating against particular ethnic groups in terms of financial aid?

[edit on 1/3/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah, more reverse discrimination.
More tightening the screws and tormenting the majority - shrinking majority at that.
And when will our patience come to an end?
How about when we notice that the government suppoted minority is better off than we are?
This is already the case in many areas?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Im white. I lost my job. Ima be screwed over this if it happened. I cant get bread cause Im white. Oh hells no. I can barely get a job now with all the competition. Is this ethnic cleansing? hmm. perhaps. I want to choke slam that guy, he just looks like somebody I would want to chokeslam anyways. Oh well, maybe I can get a job as a landscaper, if I could only speak the language to get in that trade. Reverse-Racism at its finest. Change we can all believe in. Anythin fo da new boss man.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry Common Good. Maybe I should have made it more clear that this applies to the UK. Oh and sorry to hear about your predicament. Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
ROFLMAO!

Oh my, Im sorry for you guys.
You got me all worked up! But its just as much my fault for not checking the source.
Either way, Im sorry you have to go through that. This world just cant get passed this stupid bs.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I know this is for the UK. But it won't be long before it happens here in the states. So Common good save your post here for when it happens in the states

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I agree Mercenary2007. Sometimes the US plays guinea pig, sometimes the UK. On (lack of) cultural sovereignty, I think we probably have you beat though. We are 'soft touch Britain' - a glorious utopia where all may come and receive their handouts (even if entering illegally).

Regarding the original news article; does anyone have any further thoughts? I'm trying to reconcile this in my mind but I can't - there's nothing fair or correct about this economic racism.

join