It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is muse trying to tell us something??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Well i can forgive some for not paying enough attention, but it is widely known and clear to see the messages he is trying to put out there, and they are hardly being manipulated by anyone. They do all their own writing, but hey maybe somebody pushed them to write about MK Ultra, resisting tyrannical powers and not falling inline with the Orwellian fate of 1984. Just like your avatar says, they know people are not aware of the place they live.

They even had a treasure hunt based around Zbigniew Brzezinski's book The Grand Chessboard, unfortunately the meaning behind all this is lost to many fans.
Im sorry that your preconceptions of the term "sell out" mean you may miss out on some truly inspirational music.
But then again many will claim the whole bisiness is one big distraction designed to keep us in the dark, same goes for things like sport.

Maybe i seem a bit defensive but i see a lot of ignorance and ridicule from this bands own fans and it gets on my nerves sometimes.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I used to think the same thing about 311. If you listen to some of their earlier stuff (especially Transistor), the lyrics are pretty involved.

But now that they are just releasing super gay music...I'm not sure I think that anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought i would bump this thread. I hear MUSE all the time on my sirius radio, i have them as a favorite. Their resistance song is a HUGE hit, it get's air time on the pop station.

It took me many months to really sit down and find out what they were saying, after reading stuff on here i started to listen. Resistance or uprising was so popular they were using it for sports montages, the song was everywhere.

It seems appropriate to look at some of the lyrics again

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just saw them in Phoenix on the 9th and they were incredible. Hmmm... I could gush about the band for days, but since my avatar is using their album art I don't really think it's necessary
Been my favorite band for a few years now. And with all the things they talk about in their songs they should be ATS' official band!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Seriously i can recommend you hear more, they have always had a penchant for the world of conspiracy, exo-politics is a good song aswell.
Checkout all their albums.
Unfortunately there is not a place where Matt can express all of his views without ridicule. Even die hard fans seem to pass it off as him joking. It kind of annoys me that the majority listen to his music and just dont get it.
Still people are allowed to enjoy things in their own way and it is a pretty awesome sound.

Definately, that the one thing that really bugs me

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What is this album Starlight I heard referred to several times in this thread? A misnomer for Black Holes and Revelations?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join