It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a Theory about humankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In my Theory, I believed that mankind was once as domesticated as we are now, an advance civilization probably known to some as Atlantis or the Elites of the time, I'm talking millions of years here. The only thing that is still remaining are the items sat in stone to withstand the weather.

Once in a blue moon you would hear things of writings on stone that showed flying crafts or batteries buried long ago. I am not a Geologist of no sort mind you, but this could also be a clue of the missing link.

Mankind did Evolve and fast to. The Elites did live on an Island probably half the size of Australia and the Island over time did sink due to the shifting of the land masses. They did have high tech and they did experiments on the low level humans to better preserve the human species.

When Atlantis sunk, the Elites had only one alternative, flee. spreading out to the four corners of the globe and taking with them the knowledge. These Elites are well known today as the descendants of Atlantis, rulers of today, with the exception of a few that were overthrown and killed.

To identify these Atlantis descendants it would rely on a gene or a group of gene traits.

The Elites in the past (Atlantis) probably were the ones that came up with this idea of De-populating the planet, possibly a Nuke we have never seen the likes of, I'm talking in Millions of years ago here. This would also explain the craters seen in various locations around the globe.

This is just a Theory everyone, forget all the history books and what they say for the moment and keep an open mind.

Do you remember the old saying 'History repeats itself', perhaps history is repeating itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just a small addition: Something to keep in mind is the decay time for manmade objects and materials. Our hardest steel breaks down and vanishes after roughly 1000 years or so. So imagine something similar to New York City being buried under the Atlantic for oh, possibly up to 5-9k years and you can see why it seems so hard to believe something was here before.

I personally find it hard to believe that Homo Sapiens has been around for nearly 100,000 years or so and we just recently started figuring out how to make societies work.

I think there was some stuff that was lost to the ages.

Good thread star and flag for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
there's a lot of evidence for past civilizations in mythology (mythology doesn't meant "not true" - it's ancient stories passed down, and I believe they all have a seed of truth to them).

how did the Sumerians arise with complex knowledge of mathematics and astronomy? why did they believe they walked with Gods who came down to counsel them?

why are there myths all over the world of beings who traveled, for e.g., to South America and brought with them knowledge and powers the people there previously did not have?

I don't know about 100,000 years ago or more, but how about the evidence that points to the Sphinx being constructed appx. 10,000 BC? how about these other stones that have been found that date to appx. that same period?

why do so many ancient writings talk about God or gods coming down to earth and being involved in human affairs?

where do myths like the flood and Atlantis come from?

good thread
and relates to some of my favorite musings.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't know if either of you have ever heard of a book called Fingerprints of the Gods, by Graham Hancock?

Anyway - he said a geologist from the US went to look at the erosion on the Sphinx and found that the erosion was caused by heavy amounts of rainfall. Well, there hasn't been heavy rainfall on the Giza plateau since before the last ice age.

On top of that, he further goes to explain that it wasn't caused by the desert, because of dune shift. The sands would literally cover the sphinx up over the years and every 100 years or so before the 1800s, the thing would have to be dug out of the sand to be seen.

But that book really goes to great lengths to explain how we don't really know as much as we'd like to think about the past. Should check it out sometime.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Where is this 10,000 years of civilization keep coming from? It is known that civilized societies have been around for at least 200,000 years, probably longer. This is the second time that I have seen the whole "Civilization has been around for only 10,000 years" comment in the last 2 days. I am just wondering where it's coming from?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't think I had thought out my idea very thoroughly before posting.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I believe that there was once a society or a few elite societies that were more advanced than we are now. I believe that they blended science and religion and made it work perfectly allowing for a rapid evolution, now days religiong stops a lot of advancements in science.

Who knows though, it would make sense that the elite have an actual purpose behind their madness. However that doesnt make them right.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to offend or cause any heartburn.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - there is so much lost to time that we aren't really sure (and probably never will be) what was there. Hell, a lot of people who believe in Atlantis think that they may have been on par with us in terms of technology and the like.

You're right though - civilization was around a lot longer.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I believe that mythology does play a roll here to. Lets take a unicorn for example, thru gene splicing such a creature could have been created or lets say a Pegasus that flew.

Any combination of gene manipulation was at the time of Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Great thread, but I don't think you guys are being open minded enough..
I have no doubt humans have lived on this planet for 10 million years or more.
All it takes is a slight global axis shift (we are currently experiencing a decent wobble) and most living things are wiped out in less than a year due to sudden seasonal change and subsequent food shortage / weather extremes.

The bottom line is physical things don't last more than a few thousand years as someone already mentioned. Besides if their 1000 m under ocean and sand, what is left wont be seen anyway. Tectonic plates are constantly moving and 'recycling' the land so to speak.

Our race has inhabited Mars as recent as 15,000 years ago form my research, so yes we were much more advanced many times before.
Atlantis the island was absolutely real and off the west coast of Africa with more than 80 million citizens. Much more advanced than we are today. This island sunk in less than a day due to sudden tectonic plate shift.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

The bottom line is physical things don't last more than a few thousand years as someone already mentioned.

What do you mean... There have been artifacts found dating back 100s of thousands of years. You know, pottery and such.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Sorry, didn't mean to offend or cause any heartburn.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - there is so much lost to time that we aren't really sure (and probably never will be) what was there. Hell, a lot of people who believe in Atlantis think that they may have been on par with us in terms of technology and the like.

You're right though - civilization was around a lot longer.

No, it didn't offend. It's just that you're not the first poster here that has posted a "Civilization is only ten thousand years old," comment. I didn't take offense, I was just curious as to where they were getting their timeline. To me, that's sort of like these people who swear up and down that the earth has only been here for 7000 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Just a small addition: Something to keep in mind is the decay time for manmade objects and materials. Our hardest steel breaks down and vanishes after roughly 1000 years or so. So imagine something similar to New York City being buried under the Atlantic for oh, possibly up to 5-9k years and you can see why it seems so hard to believe something was here before.

I personally find it hard to believe that Homo Sapiens has been around for nearly 100,000 years or so and we just recently started figuring out how to make societies work.

I think there was some stuff that was lost to the ages.

Good thread star and flag for you.
weve made societies work>? where have i been? and what are half the people doing on this site then?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm glad some can see this subject as a measurement of time, what is 'recorded time' that is. It's much more like this starting millions of years ago.....

1. start civilization
2. advance civilization
3. wipe it out (well almost)
4. go to step 1

There is still alot of things we are not aware of that still exist on this mother earth and vast treasures yet to be explored and uncovered.

I have an old saying that fits here "a treasure found is a treasure's keep, a treasure found and exploited is not a treasure, but greed" (actually I made that up) . what I'm trying to say is... given the number of people throughout time have probably found artifacts that could have changed history but instead decided for some reason to keep it a secret, If exploited, it will become the seed of greed.

Now that I got that out of the way, lets move on to Atlantis...even if the civilization fled to other parts of the globe, they would take this knowledge with them, they would dazzle the low humankind with this knowledge and in turn be labeled a king or god or be killed as a demon. this can work another way, if he became king and someone challenged him, all he had to do was point a finger and say demon.

If you would like to add feel free.....

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here is a few artifacts that are out of place in the time line.

Metal tubing

So then how does science explain semi-ovoid metallic tubes dug out of 65-million-year-old Cretaceous chalk in France? In 1885, a block of coal was broken open to find a metal cube obviously worked by intelligent hands. In 1912, employees at an electric plant broke apart a large chunk of coal out of which fell an iron pot! A nail was found embedded in a sandstone block from the Mesozoic Era.

Grooved Spheres

Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian - and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose is unknown.

The Dropa Visitors

In 1938, an archeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture. Buried in the dust of ages on the cave floor were hundreds of stone disks. Measuring about nine inches in diameter, each had a circle cut into the center and was etched with a spiral groove, making it look for all the world like some ancient phonograph record some 10,000 to 12,000 years old. The spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains. The ships were piloted by people who called themselves the Dropa, and the remains of whose descendents, possibly, were found in the cave.

Ica Stones

In the 1930s, Dr. Javier Cabrera, a medical doctor, received a gift of a strange stone from a local farmer. Dr. Cabrera was so intrigued that he collected more than 1,100 of these andesite stones, which are estimated to be between 500 and 1,500 years old and have become known collectively as the Ica Stones. The stones bear etchings, many of which are sexually graphic (which was common to the culture); some picture idols and others depict such practices as open-heart surgery and brain transplants. The most astonishing etchings, however, clearly represent dinosaurs - brontosaurs, triceratops (see photo), stegosaurus and pterosaurs. While skeptics consider the Ica Stones a hoax, their authenticity has neither been proved or disproved.

Not sure how true these are, its up to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

You pointed out some things that I was alluding to in previous posts. While most scholars claim that civilization has been existant for a little over 200,000 years, there is ample evidence that it has existed much longer. That is why I have been surprised at the "Civilization is only 10,000 years old," comments. That estimate is much lower than even conservative scholarly estimates.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There is something that always troubled me after reading the bible, and for those that are religious, I to am religious. But this is one thing that troubled me and it's about Adam and Eve. How can two people produce offspring and those offspring produce more offspring and so on. Isn't that a taboo thing that science has proven to have produced defects.

So my point is that other people not related to Adam and Eve had to exist, if they existed at all. Don't beat me up to bad about this one, it's more a question and reasoning more then anything.

new topics

top topics

join