It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction? Public Forum on March 29

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
from CIN Newswire Services/Access Media - PRESS RELEASE
dated: March 1, 2009

THE DULCE BASE: FACT OR FICTION? Conference and Public Forum to be held in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29, 2009

RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO - Norio Hayakawa is a resident of Rio Rancho who believes that wild rumors may not always bring a bad name to a community or hurt it. Sometimes they bring curiosity seekers, and even tourism may flourish. Take, for example, the city of Roswell. "Roswell has raked in quite a lot of tourist dollars all these years, despite the lack of any tangible, solid, irrefutable evidence that an extraterrestrial spacecraft crashed in the desert outside of the city in July of 1947," Hayakawa noted.

And when it comes to the subject of UFOs, Hayakawa believes that there is a much more interesting area in New Mexico than Roswell.

According to Hayakawa, Dulce, New Mexico, a sleepy little town of less than 4000 (inhabited by the Jicarilla Apache nation), has attracted quite a number of UFO and conspiracy buffs ever since rumors surfaced in the mid-80s that a U.S./alien joint biological laboratory and base exists a mile under the town's Archuleta Mesa. "This rumor has become so well known among UFO buffs around the world that anyone doing a Yahoo or Google search on Dulce, New Mexico would find the bulk of over 300,000 search results related to the alleged underground base," Hayakawa said.

Skeptical of such claims, Hayakawa, a retired funeral director, visited the town of Dulce in 1990 with the crew of a Japanese television program to attempt to document the existence of such an alien base.
Although he was unsuccessful in locating it, Hayakawa claims that he and the television crew were inexplicably detained by the police chief while interviewing the citizens on the street about UFOs and cattle mutilations.

Now, almost 19 years later, Hayakawa and a few UFO enthusiasts from New Mexico, California and Arizona, would like to clear these unfounded rumors. They are planning to have a one-day public conference in the town of Dulce next March.
It will be appropriately titled: "The Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction?"

Hayakawa likes to separate fact from fiction.
"There has not been any physical evidence whatsoever that there is such a base in or near Dulce," Hayakawa asserted. "However, when it comes to UFOs, many of the residents there are believers, since beginning around the mid-1970s and lasting till the mid-1980s, the entire town of Dulce was buzzed by frequent sightings of strange lights in the sky." This is fact, according to Hayakawa.

Another fact is that many ranchers in the nearby communities began to report mysterious cattle mutilations and frequent sightings of military helicopters during that time.
Some Dulce officials, concerned about these incidents, attended the first Cattle Mutilations conference in Albuquerque in 1979, including Raleigh Tafoya, who was the chief at the time. This also is fact, not fiction.

Hayakawa believes that there could be prosaic explanations to both the UFO sightings and cattle mutilations, although he still doesn't have the answers.

It was during the mid-80s that wild stories of an underground alien base surfaced - and still continue to this day - so much so that the entire town of Dulce has almost become synonymous with the alleged alien underground bio-lab. The fact that Dulce is located only 100 miles northwest of Los Alamos provided additional fuel for the conspiracy buffs. According to Hayakawa, Los Alamos is the leading-edge research laboratory on human genome/DNA research in the U.S.

But again, Hayakawa likes to remain skeptical when it comes to "underground bases."
Although throughout the years the residents of Dulce seem to have taken all these strange rumors about their community with a grain of salt, Hayakawa says that he would like to restore some sense of normalcy to Dulce.
This is the reason why he will host Dulce's first public conference on the topic.
Hayakawa is intent on dispelling rumors, once and for all, that there are such bases in or near Dulce.

Will the townsfolk of Dulce speak up at the conference? Will there be some new revelations about Dulce?
"It will be fascinating," said Hayakawa.

One of the speakers at the conference will be Greg Bishop, author of a book entitled PROJECT BETA. Bishop has thoroughly investigated the claims of an Albuquerque scientist by the name of Paul Bennewitz who was one of the initial sources behind the rumors of underground bases at Dulce and other U.S. locations.
The one-day conference, open to the public, will be held on Sunday, March 29, 2009 at the Best Western Jicarilla Inn in Dulce. The entire bar/lounge area is reserved specifically for this event. It will start at 10 a.m. and will conclude at 3 p.m. Admission to the conference is $5 at the door.
There will be some surprise guest speakers as well as many surprise guests in attendance.
A large portion of the "conference" will be an Open Public Forum during which the public will be given a chance to express their thoughts and will be given an opportunity to speak out.
There will also be a special live music entertainment.
Hayakawa can be contacted at [email protected]

The article on the conference can also be found at:

An unusual conference in Dulce, New Mexico
www.ufodigest.com...
Information about the conference can also be found at www.myspace.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is very much needed. If there is anything at all to the rumors then there must be some kind of indication in the area, in the population. And if there are none then the rumors are baseless. I very much look forward to the results of your Public Forum.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well it will be good to publicly acknowledge this topic in such a way, for the locals and fanatics alike. Hopefully some of the townsfolk will come out with their own stories that have yet to see the light of day. This could go an number of ways - it could just be a big party conference with no real outcome, or maybe there could be some interesting revelations.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This is very much needed. If there is anything at all to the rumors then there must be some kind of indication in the area, in the population. And if there are none then the rumors are baseless. I very much look forward to the results of your Public Forum.

Thanks, Skyfloating.
I will definitely post the outcome of the March 29 Dulce conference here.
I truly thank the ATS site for this.
I know that the residents of Dulce are finding out about this upcoming conference on March 29.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Hopefully some of the townsfolk will come out with their own stories that have yet to see the light of day. This could go an number of ways - it could just be a big party conference with no real outcome, or maybe there could be some interesting revelations.

Thanks, Evasius.
I am quite pleased that the Cultural Affairs of the Jicarilla Nation seems to be supportive of this conference/public forum in Dulce.
When the History Channel was in Dulce last month, I got to speak to Hoyt Velarde, assistant police chief during the late eighties to the early nineties.
He indicated to me that he will speak at the public forum.
Also, I got in touch with a former Dulce police officer who said he will testify about an incident there.
I hope that there will be some interesting revelations in all of this.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is another link on the Dulce conference, to be held on March 29 in Dulce, New Mexico:
www.roswellufofestival.com...

I am looking forward to seeing some of you in Dulce on the 29th.

By the way, more money will be coming to Dulce, New Mexico, as seen from the latest news that just came up a few days ago:

JICARILLA TRIBE SIGNS NATURAL GAS DEAL

DULCE, N.M. (AP) - The Jicarilla Apache Nation has signed a 20-year right of way agreement with a subsidiary of Williams Partners, providing incentives to expand natural gas operations on the reservation.
Jicarilla president Levi Pesata said Thursday the deal will provide "a stable and significant source of money" for the northern New Mexico tribe.
Provisions of the agreement include recognition that sensitive religious, cultural and pristine sites will be off-limits to development. The company also agreed to provide education and training programs and employment for tribal members.
The deal also gives the Jicarillas a future option to convert the agreement into a joint venture.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I like to thank the UFO Digest for updating the Dulce conference info on their site:
The Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction? conference and public forum to be held in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29, 2009:
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The alleged dulce base has been a hot topic for quite a while. I don't understand why dulce and other new mexico citizens don't get together and do something about it. If there is a cover-up only massive civilian pressure can uncover this.

I have read a lot of branton and commander-x material on the internet/books and it seems that the enitre southwest region of america is riddled from underground bases, ufos and aliens. The real question is why has this topic not got more mainstream attention? Are people really that scared to talk about it and why not more whistleblowers? If many thousands work there then surely the lid would have been blown off a long time ago, don't you think? Either the government is very good at keeping secrets or indeed it's all BS.....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The alleged dulce base has been a hot topic for quite a while. I don't understand why dulce and other new mexico citizens don't get together and do something about it. If there is a cover-up only massive civilian pressure can uncover this.

I have read a lot of branton and commander-x material on the internet/books and it seems that the enitre southwest region of america is riddled from underground bases, ufos and aliens. The real question is why has this topic not got more mainstream attention? Are people really that scared to talk about it and why not more whistleblowers? If many thousands work there then surely the lid would have been blown off a long time ago, don't you think? Either the government is very good at keeping secrets or indeed it's all BS.....

Very good point.
Yes, indeed, the American Southwest is a unique region of the U.S. Take, for example, the high desert Antelope Valley area of Southern California, the hub of the aerospace industry. There are many defense contractors at work at various locations, such as at the large Air Force Plant 42, a combined conglomerate complex that houses various programs for Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, etc. etc. Raytheon, TRW, General Atomics, etc. etc. are all present in Southern California.
The desert areas of the American Southwest have always been the ideal locations to set up defense-related programs for many reasons.
The Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, various programs in Colorado, various desert areas of Nevada (including the world's most famous not-so-secret "top secret" complex at Groom Lake, a.k.a, Area 51), Tonopah areas of Nevada, southern Arizona's test facilities (including Yuma facilities), and most prevalent of all, the entire State of New Mexico, as everyone is familiar with Phillips National Laboratories, Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Lab, etc. etc. it is endless, especially here in New Mexico. Albuquerque was one of the first places where many German scientists were first brought and housed temporarily immediately following World War II. From Albuquerque (Kirtland AFB), the German scientists were dispersed to various projects elsewhere in New Mexico, such as Los Alamos, White Sands missile range, etc. etc.
Your question: why has'nt the citizenry gotten together and do something about it?
First of all, in complexes such as at Area 51 in Nevada, there are (as you stated, or inferred) couple of thousand defense contractors employees working under contract in various compartmentalized projects. There is no need to bring this up because it is a given. The public knows about it.
However, as you inferred, when it comes to rumors of other alleged bases, such as the alleged Dulce base, they only remain to be rumors.
Yes, there may be plenty of strange, circumstantial evidences that something is there. But unfortunately, when it comes to the allegations such as the allegation that there is a secret underground bio-lab under the Archuleta Mesa of Dulce, there is no way that the citizenry could force the government to come out with answers.
The main reason behind it is because there is no physical evidence for it.
In Southern California, during the 1980's, there were allegations that the government had used part of the Cabazon Indian Reservation (near Indio and Palm Springs) to test germ warfare programs and to test several types of fuel air explosives. These programs were allegedly sanctioned by semi-private entities such as the Wackenhut Corporation. There are allegations that the Tribal Council of Cabazon Reservation had received compensation for allowing the use of the land for various tests and military experiments.
Again, the American Southwest does have many remote areas where any tests could be conducted withouth the prying eyes of the public at large, especially in areas operated by the Native American nations.
Anyway, you brought up an interesting point in all of this.
Well, I myself have a very deep interest in all of this and this is the reason why I have decided to have a "showdown" of sort regarding the Dulce controversy.
Is there such a base, or is there not such a base? Is everything relevant to Dulce just a bunch of BS?
Maybe some things revelant to the Dulce controversy may not be totally a BS.
There could be some prosaic explanations behind the Dulce controversy, but even then perhaps some of these prosaic explanations may not be something that the government wants the public to know about.
Perhaps I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Yes one thing that is very suspicious in my opinion is that many of these alleged dumbs are built on indian territory. Its almost like the american government decided the best way to conceal the evidence is to restrict access to the absolute minimum and only for people "in the know".

I suspect many indian tribes know the truth but will never speak. First because they know they will be killed and second they fear losing what little ground was allocated to them. They probably got the land in exchange for keeping the secret to themselves! If anyone was allowed above those areas then oil or mineral prospectors could accidently stumble and reveal everything.
Drilling a mile deep is certainly attainable....

As for lack of definitive evidence that is certainly true and access to the base is probably restricted through various, remote locations scattered throughout the southwest and beyond, linking each dumb by underground rail. I think Area 51 and LANL could be central hubs in this underground empire.

Good luck with the conference and hopefully we learn something new!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Is everything relevant to Dulce just a bunch of BS?

Yes

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It is quite interesting that some people are quick to dismiss every single allegation concerning Dulce, i.e., the allegation that "something" was taking place during the period from the mid-70's to the early 80's in or near Dulce. It is immature to state that absolutely nothing took place in or near Dulce during the mid-70's to the early 80's.

The fact is that frequent sightings of unknown aerial objects were reported by many residents of Dulce. This fact does not prove at all that we are talking about sightings of extraterrestrial craft. Also, the fact that quite a number of cattle in the nearby ranches were affected by the so-called "mutilations" during that epoch does not prove that somehow this is connected to extraterrestrial activity. These are simply reports. The same with the sightings of military helicopters during that epoch. These are simply reports of sightings. This has little to do with whether they is an extraterrestrial underground base there or not.

Therefore, it is very immature to dismiss these reports as total BS.

I am quite open to possible prosaic explanations for all of this, concerning Dulce. Possible prosaic explanations are not to be categorized quickly as BS.

We need to look into possible allegations that some illegal nuclear waste materials had been dumped near the area in the past. We need to look into the possible allegations that the government may have conducted certain type of experiments and research on bovine-related diseases (such as mad cow disease, anthrax, etc. etc.) in that area in the mid-70s, relevant to certain type of biological warfare (germ warfare) programs. We need to look into the possible allegations that toxic chemicals were illegally deposited in some areas under the mesas near Dulce. We need to look into the allegations that the government may have staged several fake "UFO" incidents (using several types of high tech equipment such as possible holographic projection devices) as part of a PSYOPS operation to detract attention away from serious scrutiny of this area.

The fact that radiation permeates in certain areas of the mountains near Dulce cannot be underestimated. Yes, the fact that the government exploded nuclear device underground, 22 miles south of Dulce in 1967, knowing well that such projects as Project Gasbuggy would produce radiation and would defeat the whole purpose of easing the flow of natural gas in the area. The high rate of cancer in the general areas of Dulce and the surrounding areas may be relevant to this issue.

There are many allegations concerning Dulce. Most of these allegations have nothing to do with allegations about extraterrestrial activity.

Because of the activism of citizens' watchdog groups in the mid-90's, the issue of environmental infractions by the government's Black programs in such locations as Area 51 in Nevada came into light. The government did acknowledge that there is an operating base at Groom Lake. This was only just a few years ago. The government also, after many many years of activism by citizens' oversight groups, finally began the procedure to compensate many workers at Area 51 who were affected by diseases relative to toxic chemicals illegally dumped in open pits at Area 51. The compensation program began only about a year and a half ago.

This is why we MUST NOT dismiss any of these types of allegations.

This is the reason why I am hosting the first-time ever Public Forum: The Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction? on March 29 in Dulce.

Just because I am hosting this Public Forum in Dulce does not indicate at all that I am a believer in alien underground bases, etc. or that I am a believer in UFOs as physical extraterrestrial craft.

There could be prosaic explanations to all of this.
The effort to delve into the bottom of these allegations should not be categorized as BS.

So, once again, it is immature to dismiss everything concerning Dulce.

I welcome you all to come to Dulce for this event. And to speak out at the forum. In fact, already, there will be several former Dulce police officers who will testify about something at the forum, along with a rancher in that area. What that "something" is may have nothing to do with "extraterrestrial" connections.

There ARE definitely things that have not been told openly about Dulce.
This was even confirmed by an official of the Jicarilla Apache Nation there.

I am certainly looking forward to the Public Forum on March 29 in Dulce to find out if there will be any new "revelations" about Dulce.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Norio Hayakawa has played an immense part in bringing Area 51 to the public eye in the early 90's. There are plenty of questions about Dulce. It is important that a person of Norio's character and reputation continues to shine the light on areas such as Dulce. Nobody is promising anything spectacular is going to to be discovered, but who knows what info will be turned up due to this conference. If I could go, I would love to attend and hear what people have to say about Dulce and the activities that took place in the 70's and 80's.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by DesertShadow]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This book has alot to say about the supposed underground labs at Dulce.

www.authorhouse.com...

Whether true or not, it makes for some interesting reading.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertShadow
Nobody is promising anything spectacular is going to to be discovered, but who knows what info will be turned up due to this conference. If I could go, I would love to attend and hear what people have to say about Dulce and the activities that took place in the 70's and 80's.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by DesertShadow]

Thank you so much, Desert Shadow, for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, I agree with you totally that we must always keep an open mind on things and as you stated, wait for things to be revealed, whether it may be spectacular or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
This book has alot to say about the supposed underground labs at Dulce.

www.authorhouse.com...

Whether true or not, it makes for some interesting reading.

Thanks, Akelepos, for bringing up this book.
Yes, this book does seem to be a great read.
Weapons development, especially biological warfare programs, may definitely be related to the goings-on in the Dulce area in the mid 1970s to the mid 1980's.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
I like to thank the UFO Digest for updating the Dulce conference info on their site:
The Dulce Base: Fact or Fiction? conference and public forum to be held in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29, 2009:
www.ufodigest.com...

I wish I could be there.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Norio!

The price of admission being 5.00 shows clearly that you are not a money dog. Boy do I appreciate that!

I live in the Joshua Tree, CA area and slipped over to the 2012 conference held by G. Noory and the "science" guy whose name always slips away from me.

They wanted 1500 dollars for attendance for the 3 day thing.

That just sort of puts a knot in the gut, if you know what I am saying here. Why should only people with money to burn like that have exclusive access to information?

I don't know if I can make it. I will try. Rest assured, that if I do not, will wish I had. (that's me...)
Take care!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
Norio!

The price of admission being 5.00 shows clearly that you are not a money dog. Boy do I appreciate that!

I live in the Joshua Tree, CA area and slipped over to the 2012 conference held by G. Noory and the "science" guy whose name always slips away from me.

They wanted 1500 dollars for attendance for the 3 day thing.

That just sort of puts a knot in the gut, if you know what I am saying here. Why should only people with money to burn like that have exclusive access to information?

I don't know if I can make it. I will try. Rest assured, that if I do not, will wish I had. (that's me...)
Take care!

Thank you so much, Akalepos!!

I will definitely post the results after the conference, Akalepos.
In the meantime here is another write-up about the conference.
This was is quite interesting:

THE DULCE BASE: FACT OR FICTION?

Conference and Public Forum to be held in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29, 2009

Originally submitted by Access Media for Norio Hayakawa, expanded version:

DULCE, NEW MEXICO – Eye witnesses, law enforcement officers and paranormal investigators will all meet at a conference in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29 to discuss long-standing rumors of a secret, underground U.S. government biological laboratory and base in the area. Norio Hayakawa, a retired funeral director and UFO researcher, is hosting the conference at the Best Western Jicarilla Inn in Dulce. His intent is to prove that these rumors may have prosaic explanations.

However, some of these prosaic explanations may be disturbing, if revealed to the public.

According to Hayakawa, stories began to circulate in the mid-1970s when area residents witnessed "strange lights in the sky" and when ranchers reported mysterious cattle mutilations and frequent sightings of military helicopters. The rumors intensified in 1980 when Paul Bennewitz, who was then the president of Thunder Scientific Labs adjacent to Kirtland Air Force Base, reported his experiences with what he described as "alien entities". Bennewitz claimed that these entities were controlling humans through electromagnetic devices, that their triangular craft crashed near Dulce, that some strange aerial objects were regularly flying near Kirtland, the nearby Manzano Nuclear Weapons Storage Facility and Coyote Canyon Test Area, and that they were transmitting signals to him from a base under Archuleta Mesa, adjacent to Dulce.

One of the speakers at the conference will be Greg Bishop, who thoroughly investigated the Bennewitz claims in his book Project Beta. There will also be a few other well-known speakers. “However,” Hayakawa said, “the principal focus of the conference will be with local residents, ranchers and law enforcement officers who will testify about their personal experiences.”

Interest in the conference and the decades-long rumor of a Dulce base are high. “The UFO Hunters,” a popular History Channel television show, recently visited Dulce to interview residents and research facts about the purported Dulce base. “Because of the History Channel investigation, the townsfolk of Dulce are very much aware of the conference,” said Hayakawa. “For the first time, some of the residents may come forward at the conference to speak without fear of ridicule.”

Skeptical of the claims and rumors himself, Hayakawa is convinced there could be prosaic explanations to both the UFO sightings and cattle mutilations, and looks forward to the conference providing a resolution of the matter. "There has not been any physical evidence whatsoever that there is such a base in or near Dulce," Hayakawa asserted. "However,” he admitted, “I have heard about some disturbing allegations concerning the Dulce area relevant to serious environmental as well as health issues."

"One such wild allegation", said Hayakawa, "is the allegation that the government, beginning in the mid 1970s, may have conducted clandestine operations in the area involving experiments with bovine diseases, anthrax and other substances as part of biological warfare research." Hayakawa also says he has heard from other sources that there may also have been some illegal dumping or storage of toxic chemicals and other bio-hazzardous materials in the nearby areas.

"Another allegation that I have heard", continued Hayakawa, is "the allegation that the there has been a cover-up of occasional radiation leaks in the region resulting from a 1967 underground nuclear detonation which took place about 22 miles southwest of Dulce." The name of that government experiment was called Project Gasbuggy, part of the government's attempt to utilize nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. It was part of the Plowshare Program. Hayakawa said that it was conducted "ostensibly to ease the flow of natural gas in the region, but the government knew well in advance that it would produce high amount of radiation".

"These may have some relevance to an allegation that there has been relatively high rate of cancer in this region as well as some reports of problems with fertility among some women in the area as well", said Hayakawa.

Hayakawa also stated that "if some of these allegations are true", then he supports a theory "that the government may have purposefully created some 'convenient' cover stories to conceal those activities and may even have staged a series of fake 'UFO-type' incidents in the area, utilizing high tech equipment such as holographic projection devices." This type of operations is part of the Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) programs utilized by the military. "The association of this area with 'UFOs' certainly creates a laughter curtain and ridicule and would detract attention away from serious scrutiny of the area."

According to Greg Bishop, Paul Bennewitz may have been a target of a concerted effort by the government through the AFOSI at Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia Labs to brainwash him into believing that there is an alien base under the Archuleta Mesa. Greg Bishop suggests that part of what Bennewitz may have witnessed near the Manzano Storage Area and Coyote Canyon Test Areas in 1979 could have been the government's test flights of prototypes of remotely-controlled platforms (unmanned aerial vehicles). "These devices may have been utilized in timely fashion over Dulce during the height of government's clandestine operations near Dulce", said Hayakawa.

Whatever the case may be, Hayakawa said that this fascinating one-day conference, open to the public, will start at 10:00 am and will conclude at 5 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door. The conference will include an open public forum during which the public will be given an opportunity to report their experiences and express their opinions.

Additional information can be found at www.ufodigest.com...

and www.myspace.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join