It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter with the "small people"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When i was 5 ( a long time ago ...) I fell ill (measles) and had high temperature.

I remind very well ... (it remained in my memory as vivid as when I experienced that)

I sat in my bed, looking on my right, the corner of my room.
A little door opened ( about 30cm or 1 foot high) just at the corner of the wall.

Trough this little door, passed a group of little beings. They were about 20*25 cm high (7 to 8 inches)
They were curiously dressed, a bit like the dwarfs of Snow White. They wore sharp conical hats with a little bell at the end of it. Their shoes were long, curved back, and had also a little bell at the end of them. Their dresses were very colorful and had plenty of buttons and pockets.
They were accompanied by some sort of carnival floats. Their wheels were in proportion very big, and made a music when turning. These floats had also a lot of flashy spots of colors, mainly red and green.
It was very cheerful. The beings walked on the carpet, making a round procession, while the bells they had on them were ringing and some sort of discrete music was coming out of the floats.
They were just showing to me, circling on the carpet.
Then they headed towards the little door, passed it, the door closed, and everything became normal.
It was the only time I saw them.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Its quite common to hallucinate/dream elves.

Google - Elves + Hallucination

It was a common theme surrounding the original psychedelic Christmas that most have forgot to due the commercialization of our holidays origins.

Here is some examples of elves in artwork

gnosticmedia.com...
gnosticmedia.com...
gnosticmedia.com...
gnosticmedia.com...

Here is a snippet from a page describing the germanic origins of elves.

www.articlesbase.com...

Elves were originally seen to be the creation of Germanic paganism
who thought them to be light creatures who lived in the heavens. Elves have been depicted as male or female, tiny or dwarf-like, youthful and immortal with magical powers. Later they were often referred to as living underground, in forests, springs and wells. Elves generally were magical beings who could control what people see as well as experience. Elves and fairies are also highly associated with the mushroom “Amanita Muscaria” also referred to as “magic mushrooms” not only in art but in Psychedelic experiences.

Elves already a tradition associated with story telling and magic, was by the mid-1800’s revealed by the Scandinavian’s that their true purpose was to help Father Christmas.

According to some legends and post-Christian folklore especially in Europe, elves are mischievous pranksters who make special appearances during the lead up to Christmas. For example “Albtraum” is a German word for nightmare which also means “elf dream”. Earlier the word meant “elf pressure” as it was believed that nightmares are a result of an elf sitting on the dreamer’s head!

You had hallucinations brought on by a fever, but there is many alternative ways to alter consciousness if you're ever interested in meeting them again.

Its also interesting that you mention the "colourful floats with turning music", Terrence Mckenna describes his visits with the elves in a very similar way. He says that they always are showing him colourful balls, that can make colours and music. The elves usually show him the colours and say "Look at this, look at this..Dont give in to wonder... Look at this".

Check out Terrence's Book at Scribd: www.scribd.com...

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
When I was 15, I once had a fever of 104.5... My family, at that point, had all turned to demons and I was laying there just sputtering noise at other people and animals in the room. My brain is quite sensitive to fever I suppose.

When my fever broke, everything disappeared and I passed out..

I mean, not to try to drag your story down, but I believe the underpants gnomes you saw were a product of your illness.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Very interesting!
Actually, encounters with "Little People" and especially for example fairies, is not as uncommon as most people would think.
Be proud of your experience and don't let that memory ever fade.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

How does that drag his story down?

He prefaced his story be telling us he had measles and a fever.. Under that context he obviously is aware his hallucinations are a direct result of his fever.

At 104.5 degrees everyone would be hallucinating not just "people with sensitive brains to fever".

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by SantaClaus

How does that drag his story down?

He prefaced his story be telling us he had measles and a fever.. Under that context he obviously is aware his hallucinations are a direct result of his fever.

At 104.5 degrees everyone would be hallucinating not just "people with sensitive brains to fever".

Peace

I don't see it as proof that he thought that he was hallucinating, but rather just to describe the surrounding events of the experience and why he was in bed.

In fact, I don't see any hint of him believeing it was a hallucination as all.

Silly to put such words in his mouth as long as he haven't mentioned anything about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

You're right, sorry to put words in your mouth OP. After re-reading your post it could be a combination of "being 5" with a un-calcified pineal gland as well as having hallucinations brought on by excessive body heat.

I don't really see how you encourage him to be "proud of his experience", yet believe he thought it was real. If the OP thinks he saw "real" elves, without the aid of a visual hallucination then.... That's a bit effed up. If on the other hand, you feel the elves were a result of your "fever hallucinations" then I'd say see my second post and go from there. The internet has tons of user experiences as well as page after page of elf art and historical facts.

Again, sorry for putting words in your mouth.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by Nightchild

You're right, sorry to put words in your mouth OP. After re-reading your post it could be a combination of "being 5" with a un-calcified pineal gland as well as having hallucinations brought on by excessive body heat.

I don't really see how you encourage him to be "proud of his experience", yet believe he thought it was real. If the OP thinks he saw "real" elves, without the aid of a visual hallucination then.... That's a bit effed up. If on the other hand, you feel the elves were a result of your "fever hallucinations" then I'd say see my second post and go from there. The internet has tons of user experiences as well as page after page of elf art and historical facts.

Again, sorry for putting words in your mouth.

Peace

LOL,

You reminded me of House w/ this post.

OP,

While your experience may have in fact been a hallucination, there are tons of resources you can find which give details about the existence of said "small people." You should be able to google them or find any number of books in your local bookstore under "new age." The truth is out there - just have to keep searching for it, one day at a time.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Thanks for the links, DonPedros.

I remember vividly my experience.
I remember that my eyes were wide opened, staring the scene.
Years after, some may say that this was "simply" an Halucination.
Maybe.
If it is the case, we have to understand how it works !
Which kind of reality it was.
From where it came.

Sometimes I have the same questions when I awake after a dream.
"How the hell did my brain invented that" ?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I've never seen "House"(no cable at this house) before, so I don't know if I should take that as a slight or a compliment.

On a side note, the OP mentioned "we need to understand how this works". We do understand how this works, follow those links to get your feet wet and go from there.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Should we consider elves, korrigans, etc ... as REAL beeings, or "VISIONS" built by our mind, drawing from some sort of "archetyps" ?

- or the boundary between "reality" and "mind's making" are not what we think they are ?

- or there are multiple dimensions in "reality" and sometimes, we are allowed to have a glimpse into other dimensions ?

- or ... fill the blanks, please !

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Here you go:

www.intuition.org...

Its not a long read, Terrence lays out the relationship between archetypes,aliens and elves.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Salutations Orkson,

I could imagine the scene, as I read your post. It reminded me of the Alice in Wonderland set/maze in a public warehouse/fair in San Francisco-when I was little;

I could just swear we actually entered a gate, ate little pills, and attended the mad hatters tea party and played golf; er, ...

as well too does it remind me of a movie where the gnomes were turned into stone garden gnomes.

Such nice little creatures to run out and give you a healing AND let you live to tell the tale...

I love it!

Have a great night, morning or day, whichever it might be;

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

From the link you gave :

when you reach out to grasp the hardware, to read the message, to meet the alien, there is nothing there. I've come to the conclusion, both from talking to contactees and having had a contactee experience, that whatever lies behind the UFO mystery, it is a force which can literally do anything. So it is fruitless to talk about the size of the objects or their composition or color, or the size of the entities, their dress and weapons and accoutrements, because it can appear literally any way it wants to. It can appear as the Virgin Mary; it can appear as galactarian overlords; it can appear as gnomes, elves, sprites, this sort of thing. It is not to be caught in the rational net.

What I have tried to say to the UFO community is that we will not really have a deep understanding of what the contact experience is until we include data from the psychedelic experience as legitimate data to be included when looking at the problem.

I think that the UFO phenomenon is a modern manifestation of a phemonenon which has been with us for thousands of years -- that is, the partial penetration of our own cultural space by others -- pixies, elves, fairies, sprites, demons, whatever you wish to call them.

Well ... I've read quite all the books of Jacques Vallee.
I'm not convinced with this psychological way of interpreting the UFO phenomenon.
It's hard for me to admit that this bus that I see landing on it's tripod in the middle of my garden, letting big holes in my garden plots, is just an expression of mankind archetyps ...

But indeed, there IS some link between the experience I described, the dreams we make, AND some aspects of the UFO phenomenon.

Perhaps, due to the fact that we use a miserable 10% of our brain's capacities, we have no idea of the POWER of our mind.

Perhaps our mind is able to channel other realities into ours.
Perhaps the real Stargate is behind our eyes.
I think we will soon discover or been told about that.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
We dont use 10% of our brain,we use all of it,obviously not at the same time though,and terrence mckenna is great
but i dont buy into his ufo's are hallucinations for obvious reasons..videos,pictures etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hi

I had a dream last year, it was very colourful and vivid.

I looked up to the sky and from a pin point a santa (father Christmas) came out of it and got very big. he was very bright, he had a red suit on and a very white beard. he then shot across the sky.

Out of the hole then came a snowman, he also became very big and very white. he had a bright red scarf on. He also then shot across the sky.

Following on from the snowman a green leprechaun shot out of the pin prick and became large. He was the brightest of the three, he had a green suit on with a brown leather belt on and a red shirt. He wore little impish boots that folded over at the top complete with bells on them. He had a beard and a green hat that also had a larger bell on it. He also shot across the sky.

All three were very jolly.

Now the leprechaun then landed infront of me and did a dance, like an Irish jig. He smiled as he did his merry dance in front of me .

What this all meant I have NO idea but it was fun to watch. It was also in full colour which is not the norm for me.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Perhaps the real Stargate is behind our eyes.
I think we will soon discover or been told about that.

------------------------------------------------------------

There you go, now you're onto something. I fully agree with you as did the shamans of old and the shamans of new (and the bible).

The pineal gland is the watergate/stargate that allows us to merge with the infinite. Physically there is no external movement, but spiritually you can move anywhere.

In our materialistic/particle based society, we have been severed from the true origins of the spiritual experience (plants,stars and numbers) so we blindly walk the Earth forever "External Adventurers".

"External Adventuring" is a natural part of evolution, you need to define your borders, mix cultures and find your planets breaking point. When that breaking point is reached (where we are at now) you can either choose to destroy yourself with more external adventuring, or you can take what you've learned externally and apply that newfound knowledge to "Internal Adventuring".

Peace

Here's some images reflecting the relationship Mckenna talks about.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

top topics

join