It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rattled as Mexico Drug War Bleeds Over Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

U.S. Rattled as Mexico Drug War Bleeds Over Border

www.reuters.com

Men dressed in fake police gear burst into a home in Phoenix, rake it with gunfire and execute a man.

Armed kidnappers snatch victims from cars and a shopping mall in the Phoenix valley, turning the city into the "kidnap capital" of the United States.

This is common in Mexico where cartel abductions and executions are daily features of a drug war that claimed 6,000 Mexican lives last year.

But U.S. authorities now fear that violent crime is bleeding over the border to take hold here.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Rival drug gangs terrorize Mexican town

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
While U.S. authorities stress they have not seen anything like the kind of street battles and beheadings that are now common in Mexico, they are already taking action to curb was has become known as "overspill".
Texas Gov. Rick Perry wants 1,000 troops to guard the border. The state's Attorney General Greg Abbott is backing legislation to crack down on money laundering and human, drug and weapons trafficking through the state by the warring Gulf and Sinaloa cartels.

Mexican traffickers have always been violent, but the death toll has soared into the thousands since President Felipe Calderon took office in late 2006 and sent thousands of Federales to fight the country's powerful drug cartels.
Calderon this week ordered 5,000 more troops and federal police to Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas.

Execution style murders, violent home invasions, and a spiraling kidnap rate in Phoenix -- an average of one abduction a day last year linked to Mexican crime -- are not the only examples along the border.

In southern California, police have investigated cases of Americans abducted by armed groups tied to the drug trade. In south Texas, a live hand grenade traced back to a Mexican cartel stash was tossed onto the pool table of a bar frequented by off-duty police officers in January. The pin was left in it and the assailant fled. For the sheriff of Hidalgo County, in south Texas, where the live grenade was thrown into a bar in Pharr, that renewed attention to the war on his doorstep can only be welcome.

As the spiraling drug violence shakes Mexican cities and towns along the U.S. border, U.S. Senate lawmakers announced last week they would hold two hearings to assess the ability of U.S. security forces to deal with the rise in crime on the U.S. side.

The struggle by outgunned Mexican authorities to contain the violence was highlighted for Arizona state police last November, when Mexican police officers pinned down in a raging gun reached out to them with an urgent request for more bullets.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano -- a former Arizona governor -- told a Congressional hearing last week she was focused on curbing the traffic in guns used to arm the violent cartels. In Phoenix, a gun dealer goes on trial next week on charges he sold hundreds of weapons, including AK-47 assault rifles, to smugglers knowing they would send them to a powerful cartel on Mexico's Pacific coast.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Curbing gun sales to stop a war? This is true liberal thinking. This is not a law enforcement action, it is a war and should be prosecuted as such! The US border needs to be closed and militarized until Mexico either stabilizes or we declare Mexico the 51st state.

Curbing gun sales won't do jack diddly spit, they will import them from other places. Maybe China? Eastern Bloc? Africa?

If the Obama Administration really wants to stop the "overspill" they'll take aggressive and immediate action against a real threat.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here's an on going thread a bit more in depth-
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
From the ops source

Men dressed in fake police gear burst into a home in Phoenix, rake it with gunfire and execute a man.

Armed kidnappers snatch victims from cars and a shopping mall in the Phoenix valley, turning the city into the "kidnap capital" of the United States.

Being a conspiracy site, I will throw this out because I feel it could be a real possibility.

What is the possibility of American gangs and criminals imitating the Mexican gangs in an effort to misguide/mislead the police?

I notice in the quote above that there were no proof as to who was wearing the fake clothes or kidnapping people. I personally see this as a good way to get away with a crime.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Curbing gun sales to stop a war? This is true liberal thinking. This is not a law enforcement action, it is a war and should be prosecuted as such!

If the Obama Administration really wants to stop the "overspill" they'll take aggressive and immediate action against a real threat.

My thinking exactly, and if Obama won't do it it's time for the Border Governors to call up the Guard and Reserves.

It is no longer safe to visit our beautiful border cities, much less conduct business. Has Carrion decided to let it escalate until we react or overreact?

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Being a conspiracy site, I will throw this out because I feel it could be a real possibility.

What is the possibility of American gangs and criminals imitating the Mexican gangs in an effort to misguide/mislead the police?

I notice in the quote above that there were no proof as to who was wearing the fake clothes or kidnapping people. I personally see this as a good way to get away with a crime.

I could easily believe the CIA was pulling the strings behind the scenes to destabilize Mexico. It could easily be just another faucet in the War-On-Autonomy currently being waged by the NWO types. They destroy the world economy and ratchet up the violence to work toward their one world government goals.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The M-13 gang has openly declared their own, separate, war on law enforcement.

Mexican soldiers and smugglers have openly crossed into Texas on many occasions. I could envision a sort of 'alliance' or unification of gangs from both side of the border taking aim at our lax or nonexistent enforcement of our sovereignty.

We are at war inside this Country and against outsiders as well, but Washington refuses to acknowledge it.

deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

We are at war inside this Country and against outsiders as well, but Washington refuses to acknowledge it.

Acknowledge it. They are a part of it. There handprints are all over this debacle and has been for years.

You do know it is hard to discuss this thread based on the new policy.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

I could easily believe the CIA was pulling the strings behind the scenes to destabilize Mexico.

I see it as Obama and Clinton's acquiescence in the beginning of the North American Union.

It's Step One to the NWO. Obama is currnetly talking with the UK about securing a global economic safety net.

Read the Guardian, listen to BBC for unbiased discussions of the unity plans. This is not conspircay on ATS, but in D.C.

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You do know it is hard to discuss this thread based on the new policy.

War against the U.S. has nothing to do with ATS revamped policy, unless you are an advocate for its motivating force.

(I think)

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The clandestine services (or like some of us call them the Cocaine Impoting Agency) have had their fingers in the drug games of Mexico and South America since the begining of time... or at least since we discovered the white hills of Columbia. Theres no possible way that they aren't involved right now at the border.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Another reason to consider that interdicting weapons sales will have no impact on American arms (of any origin and manufacture) ending up in Mexico.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I really hate to say it but. If this bleads over to the rest of the united states, and fake cops start storming into poeples homes with the intent of an execution or kidnapping what are we to do to find out if the cops are legit or not.

Racial profiling is bad as we were taught, but would you second guess a group of Mexican looking cops rather than a white Caucasian group of cops?

yes this sounds really bad with political correctness, but...

I really do not know what to do in this type of situation.

Anyone have an Idea?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This possibility of "imitating" has the connotation of "epidemic", I'm afraid. The model could spread deeper into the USA.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by jam321

The M-13 gang has openly declared their own, separate, war on law enforcement.

I'm not sure what part of Texas you know, but M-13 was a big deal here in Houston and "The Villages" a few years ago. There isn't much talk about them now but we all know that the issue didn't just go away. It simply isn't reported on anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about anyone coming through your door disguised as cops... if you are, buy a metal security door for the front, you will know in a glance if there are police cars outside.

But this does bring to point why gun control is moronic, Americans being scared to have or use guns is also moronic and even taking away gun rights from those who are mildly aggressive is also WRONG.. those people will go to Jails for the crimes the commit if any...

Last i checked murder was illegal and that's what the cops are for...

There is no violent threat if you don't have to hesitate to PLUG anyone that walks through your door aggressively

Does the war on Drugs... even if it's right to stop them have any Value compared to no longer being a Nation that can never be invaded...

Really, the Cops NEVER were coming through your door before Unless you were a murderer or terrorist...prior to the insane war on drugs

No worries about cops getting shot by misguided citizens, they Knock for routine calls and come with Special Cars that are identifiable.

There wouldn't be home invasions if the dumb war on drugs stopped

Heck, there wouldn't be a near revolution in Mexico...

Who's coming through your door if you have the right to open fire on dangerous individuals even if that was the situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's an easy fix:

PULL THE DAMN TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN AND USE THEM TO ACTUALLY PROTECT THE COUNTRY.
BUILD A FENCE THAT WORKS AND PATROL IT PROPERLY.

God damn how simple does it have to be. Even if the millitary industrial complex don't want troops out then use national guard.. militias.. etc etc. It's not hard.

Instead of bailing out the people who put the US into the mess it is in, use that money to secure the border... anyone with half a brain can see what the real threat is.

Or maybe it'll take more of the US population shooting illegal immigrants at the borders to send a clear message - get in line and don't screw with USA.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Or maybe it'll take more of the US population shooting illegal immigrants at the borders to send a clear message - get in line and don't screw with USA.

This kinda mentality makes you no better than the drug lords and what they are doing IMO.

You could put all the forces you want on that border and the bad stuff will still get in. Kinda hard to stop what the government controls.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
m-13 is still strong on the West Coast, in Chicago, and moving East. I'm from S. Texas and only recently learned who they were. Didn't know they were a problem in Houston. That only puts them closer in touch with the cartels across the Border.

Texas, N.M., AZ, NV and CA are all going to be bigger battlegrounds, with civilian casualties, than Iraq and Afghanistan.

I really believe we are on our own and will have to defend ourselves. The Feds won't or can't do it anymore.

jw

top topics

<<   2 >>

join