It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 9, to abort twins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Girl, 9, to abort twins

www.news.com.au

A NINE-year-old girl pregnant after years of alleged sexual abuse by her stepfather "We don't know if she will develop the pregnancy up to the end because of the structure of her body. It is a big risk for her,''
"She doesn't have a pelvis able to support a gestation of twins,'' he said.
Abortion is illegal in Brazil except in cases of rape or if the woman's health is in danger
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The disgust and rage I feel, at a nine year old child becoming pregnant due to sexual abuse is not explainable.

The thought that a nine year old, even got pregnant but besides that, authorities would even "consider" her having a children is unbelievable!

Her stepfather needs to be put in a "hardcore" general prison and let the inmates have at him!

According to police accounts reported in the media, the 23-year-old stepfather was believed to have abused the girl since she was aged six, paying her one Brazilian real (about 77 Australian cents) for each sexual relation.

He also allegedly abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.

He was arrested on Thursday as he attempted to flee to another region in Brazil, and was being kept in protective custody.

I believe there needs to be "special" places for men/people like the stepfather or ANYONE who sexually abuses a child!

That poor child, I can not imagine..... I have a nine year old and I can not even CONCEIVE her being abused and getting pregnant! I would certainly go to jail, if someone ever did that to my child - I would be convicted of Murder!!!

I would LIKE TO KNOW - WHERE was the Mother when all the sexual abuse was going on, with BOTH her children?!!

He abused a 14 year old physically handicapped child also!!!

As far as I am concerned the MOTHER needs to be put in a "special" place also.................. she HAD TO HAVE KNOWN!

This makes me sick to my stomach!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i am pro life but i believe that in situations such as rape, or abuse, you should be allowed to.

hopefully the father feels that same rape in prison

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i agree her stepfather should be castrated with no pain relief.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AndreDC

Agree

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OH this is completely disgusting and awful... I am glad that she won't be forced to carry this preganancy to term.

The poor girl... Children are so innocent and helpless, it really breaks my heart when I read about things like this... This bothers me, and I hope that the next rape the stepfather experiences, is his own in prison...

Yes, and where was the mother when this was going on? Was she completely unaware of what was happening to her children?? Or was she one of those wives who keeps her mouth shut and pretends she doesn't know what's going on...?

Sick. Absolutely sick.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So what the feck should I do about it?
Beat teh guy up?
Ot aint my problem!
GIve me his adress please maam.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i am pro life but i believe that in situations such as rape, or abuse, you should be allowed to.

See, this is my problem with so-called pro-life people. You are willing to let the "authorities" kill TWO innocent children why? To save the life of one? Because the fetuses may not make it to term? Your views on the sanctity of life seem rather subjective, almost like a, dare I say it, OPINION? Thank you for validating my reasons on being pro-choice. It's people like you that help solidify my stance and my beliefs. Thank you.

As sick as I think the whole situation is, I find it as upsetting that the termination of her pregnancy is even a question. OF COURSE her pregnancy should be terminated, this poor girl has already, and is going to have MAJOR problems for the rest of her life. As to the whereabouts of her mother, it's amazing the kinds of things people can ignore. Self preservation on her part, as sick as that sounds. If I were in her shoes the only two courses of action would be to either put that monster in the ground or pretend it never happened. I lean toward the former.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Missletow]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndreDC
i agree her stepfather should be castrated with no pain relief.

Oh yes, slowly with rusty implements... I wouldn't mind that being televised either this kind of thing is the absolute bottom of personal responsibility, a 9 year old child? pregnant with an adults twins?

edit: even worse is that 2 lives have to be lost, no way a 9 year old could carry twins to term safely - -that poor girl has got a lot to live with now.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Castration is too quick IMO.

They ought to use his privates as bait in a tank full of piranhas.

This poor girl is scarred for life.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missletow

Originally posted by Swatman

See, this is my problem with so-called pro-life people. You are willing to let the "authorities" kill TWO innocent children why? To save the life of one? Because the fetuses may not make it to term? Your views on the sanctity of life seem rather subjective, almost like a, dare I say it, OPINION? Thank you for validating my reasons on being pro-choice. It's people like you that help solidify my stance and my beliefs. Thank you.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Missletow]

well if you are going to be an idiot and not use birth control or wear a condom, yes you deserve to have the child, you should not abort a life for your stupidity.

in this situation the girl did not choose to become pregnant, it was rape that did, so abortion should be allowed.

what exactly are you fighting with me about right now? your topic makes no sense

you didnt even list the reason that you are pro choice. so get out.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Death is far too easy a punishment for such a person. The court should use tax dollars to give people full time jobs to have at this guy til he's nothing but pulp. What a sick ...... ugh

I must ask how did a 9 year old get pregnant? I mean physiologically? My mother worked for WIC for some time. We saw a 12 year old get pregnant and that broke our hearts, but 9!?!? It seems that there is something happening to our world-wide youth that causes them to develop physically much faster than they used to. Or is this the way its always been?

Either way, both points cause me sadness.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Kids have been giving birth at this age for some time, the youngest parents ever were 9 yrears old, and that includes the father.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

She is not even a "girl" she is a little kid, to even discuss or the authorties to even CONSIDER her carrying twins or even ONE child is CRAZY!

A nine year old child WOULD NOT be able to carry any baby!

I definitely want to KNOW about the mother, either, she looked the other way pretending she didn't know anything about it, or knew about it and let it go on openedly. Either way, the mother deserves a special place in "hell" also!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Swatman

She is not even a "girl" she is a little kid, to even discuss or the authorties to even CONSIDER her carrying twins or even ONE child is CRAZY!

A nine year old child WOULD NOT be able to carry any baby!

I definitely want to KNOW about the mother, either, she looked the other way pretending she didn't know anything about it, or knew about it and let it go on openedly. Either way, the mother deserves a special place in "hell" also!

where did i say she should have the babies??????????? i clearly stated that in this situation, a abortion is needed to save the carrier.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This sad story just got a little sadder thanks to the girls church.

Pregnant 9-Year-Old in Brazil Causes Controversy in Catholic Church

Rather than risk her own life to carry the pregnancy to term, the girl had an abortion—and has since met the wrath of the Catholic Church, which has excommunicated her family for the act.
******SKIP******
The Catholic Church’s strict stance is serving to turn many potential followers, who value compassion over doctrine, away from the religion altogether. And as for the young girl, who has been through so much trauma already, the excommunication only serves to make her struggle even more difficult.

I thought your church was suppose to be there to supprt you in your time of need.

new topics

top topics

join