It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man, is going to decide your fate.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This man.
en.wikipedia.org...
Who has never seen a day of combat.
Is going to decide your fate.
Look at his awards.
Not one of them is battle related.
This man is a clown, given to you by the Elite.
And this man, never having served in a real battle, is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Happy dying clowns.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You think the administration would actually select a soldier with experiance who MAY defy and not agree with the retards in suits on the hill???????? They always select some clown who has his college degree, has all sorts of SELF-APPOINTED awards, makes his resume look awesome...but in reality he has ZERO experiance with how to deal with combat or military operations. This is nothing new...just more DC BS!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Vietnam Gallantry Cross appears to show some combat experience.

And:

As a junior officer, he served in various leadership positions aboard USS Collett (DD-730), USS Blandy (DD-943), USS Fox (CG-33) and USS Sterrett (CG-31). He has commanded three ships: the gasoline tanker USS Noxubee (AOG-56), the guided missile destroyer USS Goldsborough (DDG-20), and the guided missile cruiser USS Yorktown (CG-48); and has also commanded Cruiser-Destroyer Group Two and the George Washington Battle Group. Mullen’s last command at sea was as Commander, U.S. Second Fleet/Commander, NATO Striking Fleet Atlantic (COMSTRIKFLTLANT).

Sounds like he's seen active duty quite a bit.

Am I missing something here?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who put him in for the cross? I bet either HE did or his unit recieved it so he of course gets to wear it too. But sorry, I want a GROUND soldier in that office. Not a guy who sat in a ship tower hundreds of miles away from the WAR. Not a guy who had the nicest quarters on a ship while the other men had to share bunks and hope to get sleep. I can pretty much bet his life has NEVER been in danger, never been shot at, never shot at anyone, etc...he again spent his time on ships nowhere near combat...and as an officer on those ships didn't do to much anyway except talk on the phone alot and tell his other officers what to do.

Imagine a guy who ran a fueling ship, strategizing a platoon or company of Marines or Army infantry to take over a town, etc....my guess is he won't even take part in it, he will order someone who knows the ropes to create the OP order and if its a success he will take the credit.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Clearly I am missing something.

No offense intended

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh yeah sorry, it shows he sat in an air conditioned room, and commanded a squad who more than likely died.
The man is a sock puppet.
So you're telling me chadwickus, that you would want a man, at the top of the chain of command, with only one combat award?
When there is hundreds of them, with real battle experience, who we could even call immortal.
Ready to do the job properly?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Not at all, that's why I asked about it.

rcwj75 has put it into perspective for me

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

None taken but whats there to miss? He has all of his experiance on the sea, on a boat!

As for the cross you do know officers are able to put themselves in for awards? Enlisted have to be recommended!

EDIT TO ADD: He should be proud of his service and I thank him for it, but looking at his Bio and Resume..he is NOT qualified for this position...IMO

[edit on 3/1/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I didn't know that, no.

As said I can see where you're coming from now.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
most people don't...its all good man. But the OP is right...this guy was handpicked for a reason..and I bet that reason is his nose isn't afraid to get brown.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Seems like the man chosen for the job would be less reluctant to enter a war than a soldier who has cut his/her teeth in battle.

Someone who didn't see the horrors of war up front would make him/her an easier sell on war than veterans who would otherwise know better.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's no surprise. Everyone knows that the people who really know how to run this country do not stand a snowball's chance.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This guy was chosen by Bush.

I think that that in due time Obama will replace him.

here's a job description

Although the office of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is considered very important and highly prestigious, neither the Chairman nor the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a body have any command authority over combatant forces. The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense directly to the commanders of the Unified Combatant Commands.[3] However the chiefs do have authority over personnel assignments and oversight over resources and personnel allocated to the combatant commands within their respective services. The Chairman may also transmit communications to the combatant commanders from the President and Secretary of Defense [4] as well as allocate additional funding to the combatant commanders if necessary.[5] He also performs all other functions prescribed under 10 U.S.C. § 153 or allocates those duties and responsibilities to other officers in the joint staff under his name.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

This man.
Who has never seen a day of combat.
Is going to decide your fate.
Look at his awards.
Not one of them is battle related.
This man is a clown, given to you by the Elite.
And this man, never having served in a real battle, is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Happy dying clowns.

Makes sense, seeing as our CIC (ie. POTUS) and his replacement have zero US military experience, and are already working on bypassing the Second Amendment by widespread gun control and ammunition importation bans.

I think they are working on a government-wide takeover through forced federal bankruptcy via all their multi-trillion dollar spending bills, and a declaration of a lifetime presidency for Obama "for the good of the country", in the same manner as Chavez is working on in Venezuela.

Definitely scary times on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
You think the administration would actually select a soldier with experiance who MAY defy and not agree with the retards in suits on the hill???????? They always select some clown who has his college degree, has all sorts of SELF-APPOINTED awards, makes his resume look awesome...but in reality he has ZERO experiance with how to deal with combat or military operations. This is nothing new...just more DC BS!!!

Well said. A succinct assessment of the this appointee. I would further add that not only does he lack combat experience, he has also spent his life in the fleet, which is more or less useless in low intensity conflicts. Yes, they can deliver troops, aviation, and ordinance but are limited in this capacity.

What would seem to be needed would be someone with a heavy ground combat background, an infantry soldier with a strong knowledge of COIN. But, I'm no expert.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Who put him in for the cross? I bet either HE did or his unit recieved it so he of course gets to wear it too. But sorry, I want a GROUND soldier in that office. Not a guy who sat in a ship tower hundreds of miles away from the WAR. Not a guy who had the nicest quarters on a ship while the other men had to share bunks and hope to get sleep. I can pretty much bet his life has NEVER been in danger, never been shot at, never shot at anyone, etc...he again spent his time on ships nowhere near combat...and as an officer on those ships didn't do to much anyway except talk on the phone alot and tell his other officers what to do.

Imagine a guy who ran a fueling ship, strategizing a platoon or company of Marines or Army infantry to take over a town, etc....my guess is he won't even take part in it, he will order someone who knows the ropes to create the OP order and if its a success he will take the credit.

I find his bio acceptable. I applaud his commitment that, "The U.S. military must remain apolitical at all times… It is and must always be a neutral instrument of the state, no matter which party holds sway." www.iht.com... Who would you choose for this position? Do you really mean to imply that a Navy man is less of a soldier than those in the Army or Marines?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Joint Chiefs have never been anything but a logistics excercise anyway. They sit in a room and move pieces on a board like a chess game and wait for news on how things turn out!
Zindo

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The Vietnam Gallantry Cross appears to show some combat experience.

No, actually, he did NOT participate in combat HIMSELF. Notice that the award is the UNIT CITATION RIBBON.

First, the award is given by Vietnam, NOT the US, so no one put him in for it, in the US.
Vietnam awarded these citations for EVERY UNIT that served in the Vietnam war.

The Vietnam Gallantry Cross also is issued as a unit award which is an entirely separate decoration from the full sized medal. Known as the "Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation with Palm," the unit citation award was created in 1968 and was issued as the Gallantry Cross ribbon, with a metal palm device, enclosed within a gold frame. The unit citation was issued in the name of South Vietnam to any military unit which distinguished itself to the same level as would be required for the individual award. Regulations for the issuance of the Vietnam Gallantry Cross permit the wearing of both the individual and unit award simultaneously, since they both are considered separate decorations. The Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation with Palm was issued to every Allied nation which provided military support to Vietnam between 1 March 1961 and the fall of Saigon in April 1975. The unit decoration thus became the most commonly awarded Vietnamese decoration to foreigners, second only to the Vietnam Campaign Medal.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

The award was given by the government of the former Republic of South Vietnam to all U.S. forces who served in Vietnam.
Not to take away from any award, or ribbon, but these "awards" could "paper" the entire Vietnam War Memorial Wall a thousand times over.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Look at this thread huh.
A load of pissy sock puppets defending a mongaloid.
And a troop of real soldiers ready to get to work.
Amazing huh.
This piece of turd, is deciding peoples fates.
And not just soldiers, everyone.
It all leads back to here.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snooze
I find his bio acceptable. I applaud his commitment that, "The U.S. military must remain apolitical at all times… It is and must always be a neutral instrument of the state, no matter which party holds sway." www.iht.com... Who would you choose for this position? Do you really mean to imply that a Navy man is less of a soldier than those in the Army or Marines?

Not less of a soldier, but definitly less experianced in soldiering. Thats fact, unless he was a SEAL, SWCC, etc...

I agree he should be commended on his service and I thank him for it, but his role "in theory" doesn't seem like it would have much effect on those, on the ground, but in fact it will.

As for me I would sit back and look at officers with track records on the ground. Did they come up through the ranks with an understanding of op orders, mission statments, aar's, etc...or did they go to college/military academy, and get handed the command? Those of you who have serbed like I did and been deployed or under this type of leadership know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Bottom line is this...IMO...you can look great on paper, you can look incredible in your class a's, but the experiance and way you obtained your current position, status, reputation is what SHOULD matter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join