It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance???????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
true true... old men like ma good father dont know # about da computer...

ma grandmaz just learnin how 2 use a cell phone

I beg to differ my friend. Me and my brother brought our Nintendo 64 up to my grandmother's house once to see if she could play. Wow she sucked so bad it was funny. I could've sold tickets. Next time we went down there (say...3 or 4 months later) she had a N64, a computer faster than ours, internet faster than ours, a scanner, laser printer, digital camera, and a website.

AND she could whoop our butts at Zelda.

I bow down to the extreme will of the elderly.

And not all the time do the more ignorant quotes have more responses because people don't like to read. Look at the short story section, If we didn't like to read...would it exist?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
true true... old men like ma good father dont know # about da computer...

ma grandmaz just learnin how 2 use a cell phone

I would say that your father is a smart man- he does not need this 'information age'.
Things were sure different without computers-and the travesty is what the kids of today are being exposed to, and allowed to access, on the web.
And your grandmother is real smart, too. She kept a cell phone out of her life this long!
I do understand what you are trying to convey, they see all- and please do not misunderstand me, as I am not bashing the youth of this board...for you all are- the future.
Be proud that you are able to teach your grandmother how to use the cell, if you are.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

This seems like a pretty ignorant thread, with aboslutely no scientific evidence, and a short and to the point proposal.

EDIT: I'm not saying you're ignorant because of the thread or anything...I
m just sayin, come on...this question is not nearly as daunting as, oh, the purpose of life, creation of the universe, or where to find the right stuff at the right price (Academy. Problem solved.)

If you heard me say that sentence, you would've noticed the tone frustration in my voice. That's what that sentence was about.

Furthermore, this question is perhaps the most daunting one of all. Because it's an inquiry about what people are really interested in, and what they will talk about without leaving their "comfortable" space. People not willing to leave that space, just accepting what they've been told to in their lives and not willing to explore alternatives, look further than their nose is and be skeptical of what they think they know (told to by family, friends, society, politicians, media, school, religion) etc... etc... is what really promotes ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
T'Bandit, would it be possible 2 conduct a Demographic (age)
of ATS?
S.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe there are just to many stupid people on here with stupid ideas, and stupid people tend to attract even more stupid people and say stupid things and there are a lot of stupid people here

jk

I Agree with WorldWatcher in her initial statement. Too much reading and soooooo little time !

Deep

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
aargh...4 people read my news article...and 2 of them were me

what can I say, no one cares...be it their dumb, lazy, uninterested...who knows....but just know Bandit it's nothing personal, it happens all the times.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Maybe there are just to many stupid people on here with stupid ideas, and stupid people tend to attract even more stupid people and say stupid things and there are a lot of stupid people here

jk

I Agree with WorldWatcher in her initial statement. Too much reading and soooooo little time !

Deep

Deep...That's a 'six stupid sentence high flush'.!!
I fold....s

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
thats kool u called ma dad and ma grandma smart...

as for you gettin kicked by ure grandma...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
aargh...4 people read my news article...and 2 of them were me

what can I say, no one cares...be it their dumb, lazy, uninterested...who knows....but just know Bandit it's nothing personal, it happens all the times.

Hey... no one reads my posts either!

Of course, my posts are worthless....

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

i didnt realize this was happening so long on here.. its getting quite sickening.. what amazes me.. the top posts are the stupidest ones.. they just dont stop.. lol.. my favorite today.. is the help needed for the secret code they recieved from aliens.. lol.. people are actually responding to it.. and I was gullible enough to check it out too...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join