It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollhouse New Joss Whedon tv show very similar to MK-Ultra mind controll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
just watched the first episode of dollhouse and its basically talking about what most MK-Ultra theorist have been talking about. total or partial memory wipes, handlers, sex slaves.

now im not the biggest believer in everything i read so i take most things with a grain of salt. but i find it interesting that pop culture and pop entertainment seems to be drawing from conspiracy theory.

now either people are running out of things to make movies about or these issues are working their way into pop culture through subliminal influences. either way its very interesting.

As for the show itself? it was ok. personally i think buffy and angel were his best shows. but its only the first season and its only 3 episodes so far. has promise but not sure if its as intriguing as lost or fringe to hold an audience.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I don't think Fox has much hope for this series as they have put it on the Friday night slot. I will have to give it a try, as I am a Joss Whedon fan.

I do remember a short lived show about a cyber reality world in which someone gets stuck inside. Kind of like a version of the movie "Tron", but with better effects.

Those types of reality or mind altering shows never get a chance and are soon canceled. The conspiracy theories often get way too complicated, and viewers lose interest quickly.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It should be noted that much of Whedon's material is MK based....Buffy and her handler, Firefly with river and now Dollhouse. Dollhouse is the most blatant one in my opinion (yeah I am watching it).

But yeah...all of his work seems to carry with it the theme of illicit human experimentation and mind control strategies/attempts.

I would love to find out why he is so involved in the subject matter.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

yeah now that you mention it there does seem to be a theme running through his shows. hmm has he done many interviews where he talks about any of his shows or what his inspiration was?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
has he done many interviews where he talks about any of his shows or what his inspiration was?

I don't know; I've never tried looking. I'll see what I can dig up. I know he had a forum where he participated for Serenity (I only know this because of the special features on said movie's DVD) so perhaps I can find a spot similar for his latest project.

Would be interesting to hear it from him personally as this topic is the one I am most interested in...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If I come across it, I'll give this show a a bit of consideration.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of the television and even less so this particular type of subject matter. (Chalk it up to a personal senstivity.)

I'll let you know if anything "clicks" for me.

Thanks for the heads up, Timelord.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

not a problem. i like watching tv shows and movies on varied topics to try and spot hints that some directors and producers like to put in movies and tv. Illuminati stuff i guess. if you know where to look there is heaps of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

yeah that would be awesome to hear his personal take on it. like in the first episode of dollhouse how the guy talks about how the personality is formed. people are either running from something or running to something. that was awesome. so whats joss whedon doing running to or from something???

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
like in the first episode of dollhouse how the guy talks about how the personality is formed. people are either running from something or running to something. that was awesome. so whats joss whedon doing running to or from something???

The point that the answer is always both (I thought it was a b rilliant insight as well)...in the process of moving forward one is always motivated by what has occurred. So there is always an indication, regardless of behaviour/activity of the past...

I want to know what Joss is 'running away from'...how did he get so fascinated with this subject and why is he making such effort to communicate it to the public?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think one of the main reasons he explores the theme is that he can get away with so much more via a plot and storyline. It may come from a fascination with the subject, but it is a great plot device when used correctly (and not too confusingly).

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow. Ok. Just caught some of the trailers on youtube.

I'm impressed as hell. And yeah, the parallels to the mkultra and monarch programs are staggering right off the bat, and I haven't even seen a full episode yet!

The entire premise of the isolated, genetic experiement able to adopt a wide variety of roles and programming is just right on the money.

I'm interested in watching television for the first time in 15 years.

Never thought I'd say that.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

exactly...im fascinated by what drives certain individuals to produce the kind of entertainment they do. they must have some vested interest or they wouldnt be re playing the same theme over and over again.

just watched ep 2 and 3 last night.

*******************************SPOILERS*************************

there is major Illuminati symbolism in this show. even down to the positioning of the sleep chambers. hell they even look like coffins.

and when the guy is hunting her. i have heard stories of this going on at the upper echelons of power. where the elite do this for sport. either way some very interesting stuff going on. i think i have a new show to ad to the list.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Eliza Dooshku....yum...

Ever since her appearance in Jay and Silent Bob...yikes...she just really knows how to act the part....

The Friday night slot though, is pretty much a death sentence... Of course, I pretty much DVR everything these days...so maybe eventually they'll take that into consideration...

and when the guy is hunting her. i have heard stories of this going on at the upper echelons of power. where the elite do this for sport. either way some very interesting stuff going on. i think i have a new show to ad to the list.

I just did that this weekend...it's called paintball... Of course, hunting another armed human is of course, much more challenging than an unarmed gal....

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Gen-Yers who are apt to patronize conspiracy theories have become a target demographic for the mainstream media

It all boils down to how do you convince people that they are exercising free will. This is were the money is

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
It all boils down to how do you convince people that they are exercising free will. This is were the money is

Proof That The Advertising Industry Is A Form Of Mind Control Part 2...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Posted a question on a Dollhouse forum

I left a link back to here in my signature there.

-Shrugs-

Worth a shot...

[edit on Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:29:10 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a fairly old documentary by the BBC called the century of the self deals with how PR and modern advertising has created and shaped the world we live in. down to our very fundamental beliefs.

fficial&hs=Z70&ei=EN2tSaC1L4_akAWogPG2Bg&resnum=1 &q=century%20of%20the%20self&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#&hl=en' flashvars=''>
fficial&hs=Z70&ei=EN2tSaC1L4_akAWogPG2Bg&resnum=1 &q=century%20of%20the%20self&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#' target='_new' class='smalltxt'>Google Video Link

this is pretty scary stuff. humans for the most part are sheep in every sense of the word.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oh wow I didn't know this show had started be aired yet!

I remember reading about it a few years ago, and found the premise very interesting. I've been a huge Joss Whedon fan for ages...

I've got some TV watching to catch up on!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
HOLY crap did anybody watch the latest episode of Dollhouse. practically comes out and admits that the whole world is under control of the ruling elite

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Watching just the trailer it seems a lot like The Pretender.

I could be wrong though, hard to tell.

It's a shame FOX didn't let Whedon continue with Firefly, was a favourite of mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join