It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Watchmen comics, Illuminati propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Greetings ATS, I've been visiting the site for about 6 months now and I have to say this is diffenately one of the most interesting forums I have ever seen. There seems to be alot of brilliant minds and outside-the-box thinkers who frequent here, and coming here has been a breath of fresh air compared to most sites where people's comments only display that they are sheep, parrots, or otherwise very robotic. ATS on the other hand, you guys keep astounding me with the depths and scope of the topics discussed. It seems that no topic is too taboo, and no way of thinking too radical, that most, if not all angles are looked at here. This to me is the only way to figure things out, by looking at all the angles, no matter how minute or crazy it may appear.

Okay, now I know there are alot of more important current events going on that threaten to change our world for the worst, from the obvious global depression we are about to face, the never-ending threat of war, bio-terrors running rampant, to the apparent emergence of that much talked about New World Order. But what this post is about is, that's right, comic books! Now, I know it sounds rediculous, and it probably is, but I've always thought that the creators of these books sometimes try to let people in on certain knowledge about things. Take Marvel's Illuminati book for example, the most powerful mutants and super-people get together to make earth-changing decisions in secret, behind closed doors. Or if you look back at early ones during times of war, how they were for all intents and purposes, propaganda.

Now, I've heard a lot of people talking about how great the Watchmen comics were, how the writing was top-notch and characters were quite original. Being a big comic-head and hearing the news they were going to make a film about it, I decided to pick up the TPB with all 12 comics and find out what all the raving was about. When I was finished reading, I felt kind of disappointed, the story really only had one main plot, and it wasn't the literary masterpiece I was expecting either.

Alan Moore must be really informed, or he is taking points from someone who is, becuase they talk about Laetril, an alternative treatment to cancer, they discuss Eugenics in a positive light, and really eugenics I would say gave Moore alot of these ideas. But I think what really kind of annoyed me was the fact that the main "heroes" effectively carried out a false flag attack against New York, killing half the city. They didn't blame it on the terrorists, commies, nazies, or any other hate group, guess what it was the aliens! Yes, straight from the pages of Project Bluebeam, they create an external threat to the world, stopping the possible WW3 with Russia. And here's the kicker, a one world government is created to fight the manufactured enemy! And heroes did it!

I would really appreciate your community's input, since the movie is coming out soon( and despite my take on the Watchmen the trailer does look AWESOME!) and if this really is pro-NWO, pro-Illuminati propaganda, it looks like a whole lot of people are going to be brainwashed, including me!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fox were trying to shut this movie down, due to some conflict of copyright with Warner Brothers. Not all propaganda is Illuminati and I reckon they are pissed, as they had no influence in this film, which is why they tried to shut it down.

Check the wikipedia profile of Alan Moore. It states quite clearly on there that he is a magician and is involved in the occult. I bet this film will be much better than the trash like Transformers and Terminator, which is quite obviously Illuminati propaganda.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Are we reading the same Watchmen? I'm asking because I don't recall the series portraying eugenics or population reduction in a positive light...if anything, quite the opposite.

The discussion of Laetril as an alternative treatment for cancer isn't necessarily a link to any conspiracy. It was being seriously looked into when The Watchmen was being written, so it shouldn't be surprising that it makes an appearance in the story. This also ties into something else. Watchmen may not seem so 'different' or 'unique' *now*...in 2009, we've become accustomed to the idea that all of our heroes are going to have 'feet of clay', eventually, and to the idea that if there's a shining paragon of any particular virtue, he or she will eventually have a 'dark side'. If anything, the Captain America style 'four color hero' type would be the 'shocker' today...but back in the 1980's, the Watchmen series' dark tones and rather sinister back story were a real break with the conventions of the day.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The movie might be brainwashing but the comic was the opposite I think. There was a ton of subliminals in it and Alan Moore is openly known as an occultist. He wrote a comic called the "Invisibles"(?) that in his own words was created as a healing sigil for himself.

Concerning Moore, "He is a vegetarian, an anarchist, a practicing magician and occultist, and he worships a Roman snake-deity named Glycon, which he acknowledges to be a "complete hoax."

Moore is aware of the pattern in the static I believe. He said he didn't like the movie version, so that for me says it's loaded with abrasive things.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Watchmen and Alan Moore in general.
You certainly have every right to dislike the comic book but it seems to me you've failed to properly understand the graphic novel.
In my opinion Watchmen is one of the most complexly layered pieces of fiction out there.
Sure there is only one "main plot" - but the same can be said for the vast majority of fiction - it's why they call it a main plot.
I also fail to understand how you can see it discussing eugenics in a positive light.

You are certainly right that a lot of the subject matter is related to NWO/Illuminati/conspiracy type stuff, and the ending bears an eerie resemblance to 9/11.
But how does dealing with these subjects automatically make it pro-NWO/Illuminati propaganda?

I consider Alan Moore to be a highly suspicious of authority, and he is probably a bit of a conspiracy buff, which is why he seems so well informed on the subject. (That, and the fact that he's a damn good writer.)

I mean, the man wrote "V for Vendetta" which is about as anti NWO as it gets.

I obviously can't force you to like the book, but I would strongly suggest you give it another shot & take your time with it. There's a hell of a lot of detail in the art as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CounterfeitGod

Now, I've heard a lot of people talking about how great the Watchmen comics were, how the writing was top-notch and characters were quite original. Being a big comic-head and hearing the news they were going to make a film about it, I decided to pick up the TPB with all 12 comics and find out what all the raving was about. When I was finished reading, I felt kind of disappointed, the story really only had one main plot, and it wasn't the literary masterpiece I was expecting either.

So you read the TPB recently? If you'd have read this 20 years ago or even 10 years ago, you'd be seeing this work in a completely different light. Part of your disappointment is based on the fact that so many comics that you will have read before you read the Watchmen will owe some small debt to Moore's work. As someone who's read comics since the mid-1970s I can vouch for the fact that Watchmen was one of the comics that completely changed everything for ever.

Alan Moore must be really informed, or he is taking points from someone who is,

Moore is one of those writers that actually does research for their writing. That's why he's such a good writer and stands apart from writers who can't even research character continuity. Do you think he also has real-life sailors lurking in the shadows guiding his hands with the Black Freighter and Nemo and his crew in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

becuase they talk about Laetril, an alternative treatment to cancer, they discuss Eugenics in a positive light, and really eugenics I would say gave Moore alot of these ideas.

Can you point to where eugenics is portrayed in a "positive light"? As for the Laetril, I take that more a case of representing Moloch's desperation. Moloch had been straight for several years, a reformed criminal. However, as he says in the book: "y'know that kind of cancer that you eventually get better from? Well, that ain't the kind of cancer I got." He's desperate to try anything at this part of his life. I can't see the conspiracy there at all.

But I think what really kind of annoyed me was the fact that the main "heroes" effectively carried out a false flag attack against New York, killing half the city. They didn't blame it on the terrorists, commies, nazies, or any other hate group, guess what it was the aliens! Yes, straight from the pages of Project Bluebeam, they create an external threat to the world, stopping the possible WW3 with Russia. And here's the kicker, a one world government is created to fight the manufactured enemy! And heroes did it!

You've read this post-September the 11th. I can guarantee your reaction to the squid would have been different before September the 11th.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The movie might be brainwashing but the comic was the opposite I think. There was a ton of subliminals in it and Alan Moore is openly known as an occultist. He wrote a comic called the "Invisibles"(?) that in his own words was created as a healing sigil for himself.

You're confusing Moore for Grant Morrison.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Not anti-NWO, anti-authoritarian, there is a difference.

One-world government is presented as a hyperbolic straw man metaphor for any system of government. What's ironic is that anarchism itself indirectly paves the way for one-world government.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CounterfeitGod
And here's the kicker, a one world government is created to fight the manufactured enemy!

Same thing occured in V for Vendetta, the totalitarian took over after anarchy and chaos weakened the UK. People were so desperate for order, they willingly accepted the Dictatorship.

A glimpse into the future perhaps?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
YES. That's who it was. thanks.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hey there. I am a huge comic fan who was lucky enough to have worked on the film Watchmen and also to have already seen it at a crew screening about a month ago.

While yes, there are several characters in the story who do favor an NWO in the bad way. And yes some of them are "heroes". That being said, there are those who fight it to the end. They never compromise, even in the face of armageddon. They have changed it from a giant alien space squid to something a little more easy to swallow for the movie but it is still the same message.

The movie is great. And yes, there is a ton of NWO type reference and there is indeed a false flag attack in the movie. That being said, it is done in a more altruistic manner(if that is possible), than what you may think.

I believe it really sums up that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Anyway great movie. Great comic. Go see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm almost positive that Alan Moore got the idea from Project Bluebeam. But was this theory "out there" in the eighties? The farthest back I can find is 1994 or so. Was it just Reagan's "space invaders" speech?

Rorschach is a bona fide conspiracy theorist; the New Frontiersman paper he writes to is based on The Spotlight, known for doing reports on the Bilderberg group.

And if you think the characters in the comic are supposed to be heroes, well...

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Most if not all holy-wood aka Hollywood movies are illuminati propaganda. Any movie with checkerboards or any other masonic/luciferian symbols stregically placed in them, are paid for and distributed by the illuminati for conditioning and mind control purposes. All movies put you into a trance for hours and cram ideas into our heads consciencely and subconsciencely. The bigger the movie the more illuminati propaganda is given. We pay for our own mind control. Isn't that just great. At IMAX like $15 a person plus crazy over priced food not fit for human consumption. We have no one to blame but ourselves for contributing to the NWO/OWN system. WAKE UP! CRY TO JESUS and get saved. Judgement is coming. Forget about the concentration camps, ufos, usos, chemtrails, Greys, Reptilians, demons, Fallen Angels, World Militaries, HIGH Tech, Bilderberg's, Rothschilds, Skull & Bones Men, GFL, NSA, CIA, FBI, CDC; and all the rest of the alphabet organizations. Dont' fear this stuff for it was all created and can be destroyed. Rather Fear the one who when after killing the body has the ability to cast your soul in to eternal damnation forever. God's Judgement is coming, and this time he's pissed. Earth is less than a grain of sand to HIM, and the age of evil in all it's shapes and forms is almost over. What side will you be on?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
I'm almost positive that Alan Moore got the idea from Project Bluebeam. But was this theory "out there" in the eighties? The farthest back I can find is 1994 or so. Was it just Reagan's "space invaders" speech?

I've been musing on this for a few hours myself. In fact, it even made me question the first time I actually heard of Project Bluebeam myself.

I'm fairly certain that, it had no real currency as a conspiracy - at least as is now often repeated verbatim - at the time that Moore wrote Watchmen.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I cant wait till this movie comes out. Dr. Manhatten is my favorite.

cant wait to hear everything he has to say.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I noticed the film is 183 minutes.

I am not a numerologist, but I can break it down

3 hours and 3 minutes

That's 33, baby, the favorite number of the I/l/l/u/m/i/n/a/t/i.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

The world uniting to fight space aliens has never been an uncommon theme in science fiction. You could even look at star trek as having themes of that. It's not a very far-out idea. Manufacturing it as a fake is interesting, but moore is a good writer, and I wouldn't put such an idea past him.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by mdiinican]

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Watchmen is a genre masterpiece, regardless of Moore's possible inside information on the secret society's agenda, which I admit does look as though is the case. Owls, Pyramids, Project Bluebeam, Moloch, there are many references to their alleged symbology

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo

I mean, the man wrote "V for Vendetta" which is about as anti NWO as it gets.

That's what I first thought, but maybe we're meant to think that. The Illuminati are supposedly Luciferian, correct? It was mentioned that Alan Moore is an occultist?

The letter "V" actually has a number of connections to "Satan" or "Lucifer." One of many being that V is the roman numeral for 5 -- the number of points in a pentagram (composed of v's, one could say...)

Another is that of the "Sigil of Lucifer." And here is where it gets interesting. If you look, the Guy Fawkes mask in V is For Vendetta is actually based around the sigil of Lucifer:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join