It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The Story. Paul Harvey Dead at 90

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The End Of The Story. Paul Harvey Dead at 90

www.wbbm780.com

News commentator and talk-radio pioneer Paul Harvey died Saturday surrounded by family at a hospital in Phoenix, according to ABC Radio Networks. He was 90. No cause of death was immediately available.

Harvey had one of the most familiar voices in the nation thanks to the longevity of his broadcast career which spanned nearly 50 years. An audience of more than 25 million people tuned in every week and made Harvey the most-listened-to radio personality in America. Fans identified with his plainspoken commentary on current events and politics.

“My father and mother created from thin air what one day became radio and television news,'' said Paul Harvey Jr. in a statement. “So in the past year, an industry has lost its godparents and today millions have lost a friend.''

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.google.com
news.google.com
news.google.com

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Farewell to the broadcast legend that was, Paul Harvey.

I always enjoyed his rather quirky and informative tidbits from "the rest of the story" segment of his shows, as well as his ad-lib promotion of sponsor's products.

A true icon in the industry who will be missed.

Paul Harvey... Good Day

www.wbbm780.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
RIP Paul Harvey, I used to love his "the rest of the story" broadcasts too. Always interesing never standard news fair. Always and interesting twist on things.

God bless. xx

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Farewell, Mr. Harvey. You will be remembered and missed.

Good Day.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So long,Paul. You will be missed.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Very saddened to hear of Paul Harvey's Death. Hearing his voice always
gave me comfort. When I was a little girl, we would travel 11-12 hrs. in the car on the way to my grandmother's house, this was the first time I ever heard
Paul Harvey's "Rest of the Story". Even at age 7 or 8 I found the cadence of his voice soothing and the story interesting. Listening to him soon became part of our travel ritual.

Till the time he died his voice had the power to move me back in time, allowing me to reminisce on all those sweet things I did at my grandma's house. I will miss this man, much like an old familiar friend.

May he rest in everlasting peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the Search function.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Rest in peace MR Paul Harvey,
As you will surely be missed.
Good Day.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I always liked listening to Paul Harvey, even though I thought he played a little fast and loose with the facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I haven't checked the links yet, but has he written an autobiography? I can see a movie possibly being made based on his life. I recall trying to listen in everyday when I was working. When Paul Harvey speaks............

It would seem he's lived a fulfilling life. Did we ever really know him though?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have listened to paul harvey, news and comment for many years.

I loved his stories (unrelated to news) that he told daily.

For those of you who never listened, he would tell have of a story, take a commercial break and then finish with a truely unexpected ending.

The One I remember most is:
Story of a man who ran for city council and lost
Ran for mayor and lost
Ran for governer and lost
But managed to finally win an elected office.

The postion was president and the man was "Abraham Lincoln"

...."This is Paul harveyyyyyy, gooood day"

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I remember listening to his rest of of the story segment everyday on the ride to school, I used to love listening to them.

He died at a ripe old age surrounded by his loved ones, is there a better way to go than that? RIP paul

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My goodness. Loved Paul Harvey. One of my favorite stories that he told was…Dirt Roads. He will be missed.

Dirt Roads:

What's mainly wrong with society today is that too many Dirt Roads have been paved.

There's not a problem in America today, crime, drugs, education, divorce, delinquency that wouldn't be remedied, if we just had more Dirt Roads, because Dirt Roads give character.

People that live at the end of Dirt Roads learn early on that life is a bumpy ride.

That it can jar you right down to your teeth sometimes, but it's worth it, if at the end is home...a loving spouse, happy kids and a dog.

We wouldn't have near the trouble with our educational system if our kids got their exercise walking a Dirt Road with other kids, from whom they learn how to get along.

There was less crime in our streets before they were paved.

Criminals didn't walk two dusty miles to rob or rape, if they knew they'd be welcomed by 5 barking dogs and a double barrel shotgun.

And there were no drive by shootings.

Our values were better when our roads were worse!

People did not worship their cars more than their kids, and motorists were more courteous, they didn't tailgate by riding the bumper or the guy in front would choke you with dust & bust your windshield with rocks.

Dirt Roads taught patience.

Dirt Roads were environmentally friendly, you didn't hop in your car for a quart of milk you walked to the barn for your milk.

For your mail, you walked to the mailbox.

What if it rained and the Dirt Road got washed out? That was the best part, then you stayed home and had some family time, roasted marshmallows and popped popcorn and pony rode on Daddy's shoulders and learned how to make prettier quilts than anybody.

At the end of Dirt Roads, you soon learned that bad words tasted like soap.

Most paved roads lead to trouble, Dirt Roads more likely lead to a fishing creek or a swimming hole.

At the end of a Dirt Road, the only time we even locked our car was in August, because if we didn't some neighbor would fill it with too much zucchini.

At the end of a Dirt Road, there was always extra springtime income, from when city dudes would get stuck, you'd have to hitch up a team and pull them out.

Usually you got a dollar...always you got a new friend...at the end of a Dirt Road!

~by Paul Harvey~

[edit on 3/9/2009 by jensouth31]

top topics

join