It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I know there has been much talk on and off as to whether or not Square is gonig to make a new Final Fantasy VII for the PS3. If that were to be the case, I would buy one the day it came out.

Has anyone heard anything about a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think it might be coming out later this year. Or, at least, that's what I hear in rumors.... Ah, well, who knows? I hope they make a remix.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by Dragonfriend]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

as much as i wish this was true
as i am a big FF7 Fan

Its doutfull
the one shown on the PS3 was a tec demo
and the other videos shown are from crisis core for psp

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For the love of god no.
Some things are just sacred.
Remakes ALLWAYS suck, its like games turned into movie and visa versa.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They love to do remakes, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They've remade all of the final fantasies up to VII so far. They've got a fixation on handhelds this generation, so I'd expect FFVII for the PSP, if it were to happen. Alternatively they could just release the original on the playstation store as a psone classic.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It honestly wouldn't bother me, because as a huge FF fan (please don't kill me) I find FFVII to be one of the most over-rated games of all time.

Really. The graphics haven't aged well at all, the dialogue is incredibly weak and forced even at it's best, and even the story wasn't that great compared to other entries in the series.

Maybe a remake would do it some good....but I'm not too concerned.

I'd rather get FFXIII in my hands.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yep, mostly overrated! It was a decent game, and had some moments that went down in VG history, but other than those it was more or less your average FF fare.

Personally, to this day, I have to say IV is the best FF, hee. Honestly, the story started out simple enough, and within the first few moments went epic beyond anything! Love, rivalries, deep moments with Cecil. VII doesn't hold a flame IMO.

I don't think they should do a remake. If they do, just update the graphics and fix the horrid script. Barrett should not talk like that >..>

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

you have just been put on my hitlist
i shall shoot you down with spitballs

final fantasy 7 was wicked
would be great to see it in ps3 graphics, if you dont like the idea and same with others, you wouldnt be forced to play it

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
FFVII was the best. XII was second, Tactics was next, then VIII, then X and X-2 tied, then waaay at the bottom IX. Those are the ones I played so the only ones I can comment on.

But I would love a remake! They could come out with a VII/Advent Children pack and stuff. Or go big and make a VII, VIII, and yes, an IX remake pack and call it hmmm, Final Fantasy Classics or some thing. Can you say printing money? Or turning air into gold and that gold into platinum covered in diamonds on top of a pile of rubies?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Screw the remake its got too much nostalgia for me for them to butcher it recklessly.

It would imo have to be 100% like the original save for new graphic.

Thats the only way I'd play it.

I always wanted to play the remake of Phantasy Star 4 on the ps2 but I never found a copy.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That's pretty much my ideal "remake" - the SAME as the original, just with much updated graphics and music. By updated music - I'm talking the same, just more modern.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

No way the music was so much of what made that game great. One winged angel was quite possibly the best boss fight music in the history of games. If they replace the music it will end up being some god awful attempt at prog metal and just ruin everything.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ivzm

Have you heard the actual instrumental version of one winged angel?!?!!? It is SO much better than the original. You should hear it. I think it's on Advent Children.

I have ALL the music from the games and some of the newer instrumentals. It's pretty much the EXACT same score - just instead of midi - it's actual instruments.

top topics

join