It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds most advanced civilasations vanished

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
right i know that today we are as a human race have accomplished so much in the world but the main fact is, thousands of years ago things that we have basically newly discovered were already known back then.

egyptians, mayans and the inca's ahead of there time if so many ways we can never stand a chance to compeit yet they are all gone never to be spoken of again.

lets take a look at where they all situated the mayan pyramids vast beautufully sculpted but again there is nothing left for houses or large buildings, forest life and wilderess has taken over the area but in order for that to grow the ground around it has to be leveled and cleared debris removed but where is it all

same with the egyptians so much prospired from them but if they built they're dwellings near enough to the pyramids then at least they should at least stand the length of time

much like bethlehem its still situated in the same place buildings still standing and we have left from all these great civilasations is a set of pyramids.

ok i know lookings to far into it but the question is where did they all go discovered so much in they're time had kings and queens but yet those countries dont continue the natural blood line of theyre ancestors.

prove me wrong and yes i'll stop but the evidence is infront of us and yet nothing is done fair enough that most things should be left but what about those who want to know and raise the questions that need to be answered
are we silenced who knows but yourself for only trying to find a little truth in a question.

G
1/03/09
13:09
share the knowlegde and use it well hopefully somewhere an answer can be found and made its way back to the question after time.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't know what you're being silenced from saying, but much has been writen about the homes of the egyptians - they lived along the banks of the nile in mostly mud brick houses (as depicted in glyphs) and for most the year farmed the thin fertile strip, the pyramids were built by gangs of farmers who had nothing to do for most the year while crops grew they lived in temporary camps and moved with the work, although stone cutters probably worked most te year in the quarrys and lived in mud brick or wooden houses .

Babylon was a large walled city in the center of a large arable island, many houses were found.

Rome is currently full of ruins of houses as is the former greek world - however as they were build in practical locations they have been knocked down and build over many times, the stones being used in new projects.

So we see that the people who lived in stone houses have left some evidence of this, people who lived in mud brick dwellings or wood which would have crumbled into nothing even in the builders lifetime on many occasions -did not leave much. Many fine examples have been uncovered though by anthropologists who publish peer reviewed findings as soon as they are able, keeping secrets isn't what they do.

so what is the conspiracy here?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

so what is the conspiracy here?

"the pyramids were built by gangs of farmers who had nothing to do"

----------------------------------------

I'd say thats as good a start as any.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Not silenced at all sir.

The places youve sited such as the mayan and egyptian pyramids, where mighty projects. They had huge social, religious and political importance.
They had to be striking, stand-alone buildings.

But remember these buildings were built with an enormous collective effort at the whim of elites like priests and kings. Think how it is today.
Do we all live in mansions? skyscrapers? Palaces?
Ok the buldings we live in today would be wonderous to say, someone from a medieval peasant village, but still humble compared to the huge towers in a cities business district. Plus, the psychological effect is intentional. Think how less imposing the Capitol or the the White House would look if it had a shanty town clustered about on its lawn.......
Basically, the plebs are kept away!

Its the same thing.
Take the ancient mexican city of Teotihuacan
Despite the looming pyramids, the masses or lower classes (the bulk of the populatuion), lived in simple adobe huts or mud buildings, most of which have rotted away.
They were not kings. They had less available (and durable) resources to build their homes with.

Never the less, there IS still some evidence there. The dwellings of the workers who built the Giza pyramids (who where actually NOT slaves), still have their remains and have been documented my arachaeologists.
Giza Village

Workers

(theres loads more, do a quick google!)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I like your approach on how pyramids were built

I thought they were part of elections propaganda activity...
Vote the one with the biggest pyramid!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

sorry it's not a good start for me, you speak of sharing knowledge -well come on, share some! If you know something i don't please tell me, what is your point you are trying to make?

A long dynasty of kings ruled over egypt, many power struggles and battles with near by nations happened, etc and the fall of egypt was fairly slow compared to say the collapse of the roman empire -it's likely that members of royal bloodlines still exist, or rather that some of the genes living people have today were transmitted through one of the many the royal familys -the society was however pretty much over when the worlds powerbase shifted to the north med (romans, greeks, etc) and egypt became a vassal state, with the spread of christianity through the roman empire we see a time when anyone not worshiping the one true god was beaten and killed, an inquisition of sorts, and all the history was destroyed or stolen.

If anyone has ever been to the Vatican you might have seen the display of Egyptian artifacts, why does the vatican have egyptian artifacts you might ask? they are christian and these things speak of other gods, well back in the day they stole them so people didn't know about Egypt being the true home of the 'sun god resurrection myth' which jesus is based on, the 10commandments based on the egyptian legal system, etc -the catholic church spent a lot of time and effort over the last 2000 years hiding the truth of existence so they could pedle their faulty religious doctrin to the sheeple.

So if you want a conspiracy about why we don't know all that much about the past here it is - over zealous catholic's destroyed our connection to the past because their powerbase was too important, or they convinced themselves they couldn't be wrong and all evidence they were given was which proved their religion was nothing more than a collection of old stories, myths and lies must e planted by the devil to lead them astray thus they MUST destroy it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
During Renaissance many believed that Egypt was the source of Christianity. It was believed that hieroglyphs were a symbolic language and that many mysteries were hidden in Egyptian writings (which turned out not to be true).
During those times, artifacts from Egypt were highly prized in Europe, especially obelisks (just a kind of pyramid), and were moved to various centers in Europe.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
my point being was that they all discovered advanced sources of information and accurate to a tee, could construct enourmous monuments which we today have no idea what the hell are they're for.

no one can say its a glorified tomb for a king when they were so many over the hundreds of years, and why pyramids exactly the same size but different cultures created a slightly different design aswell.

and as for sharing knowlegde i mean as a collective for the matter.

three separate cultures spaced out from one another made these wonderful and beatiful buildings but for what reason.

its a bad way to start something how i worded it ok on my own behalf sorry, its just in all the thousands of years we cant do anything they could have done back then everything about them is lost in the timelines forever like them.

if i had the answer to all this then there would be topic to discuss a basic spoiler for everyone who wants to know the real answers to these questions.

if i've made a fatal error please say so correct my mistake but in the end we all have different sayings but somehow we are right.

fine i'll quote something a good friend of mine said
do you really think we could create and construct something like the pyrimads exactly how they did it.

just natural instinct no looking up how they done just gather a mass of people and use everything around us no technology whatsoever.

i say we cant hands down my reason along with others we cant because us a human beings today cant because we are de-evolved getting lazier and dumber as time passes.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grum125

indeed but a pyramid is the easiest structure to build, hence why they make baked bean can pyramids in shops and all early cultures built them. Some peopledid apparently try other things, the tower of bable for instance in babylon -but they fell down and now we don't see them to wonder at, many many great buildings have gone but a few remain, the stone pyramids being the most likely to survive rather unamazingly did.

Think of it this way, millions upon millions of people with nothing to do but watch crops grow, an egotistical leader of a religious cult in control of the nation and nothing but rocks and sand for miles -what else was going to happen? They heaped the rocks up into piles to mark the graves of te dead then the piles got bigger and more flash until one crazy king said 'i want to be buried in the largest pile ever, a thousand times larger the normal size! So dutifully they worked out with their new maths skills a pyramid a thousand times bigger and started work, the farmers were drafted in and they about trying to please the king.

First the base stones were cut, just having left the stone age a few hours ago they were very good at dealing with rocks, they cut some big chunks and the workers dragged them into place. While the stone masons were preparing the next set of stones they moved some of the sand to create a long path upto the next level which was then covered in stones, the process continued until the final stone was put on, then the process of digging out the 'scafolding' sand began.

They had about thirty to forty years to make each pyramid and plenty of people to help so i can imagine if we took our time, had enough people and all put some effort in we could quiet easily make something even more impressive.

The mystery of the tombs doesn't require a fantastic answer, in fact it would be more amazing if we hadn't built pyramids before learning how to construct cathedrals, castles and aquaducts -it's a vital step in the learning curve. The history of architecture is rather fascinating, unsurprisingly most of the early attempts at buildings fell down, certainly most early church towers came crashing back down again rather soon. We could assume almost certainly at some point some of the smaller early pyramids and tombs fell down, collapsed or were dismantled for building supplies - i wouldn't be shocked if more than one king had his tomb destroyed when the new dynasty took over either.

hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grum125
egyptians, mayans and the inca's ahead of there time if so many ways we can never stand a chance to compeit yet they are all gone never to be spoken of again.

Actually, they weren't. The Egyptians, ancient Hindus, Sumerians, and Chinese were on about the same footing in terms of what they could build (and later the Romans and Greeks and Olmecs.)

The Incas and Mayas were a bit behind the time -- compare their cities to the ancient cities of Europe (The first Inca Ruler was Manco Capac, and the Inca empire existed from about 1200-1450. Take a look at what the Europeans, Chinese, and Japanese were doing during those times (the age of Gallileo and Columbus and others). The Mayan empire existed from about 2000 BC to 1500 AD (long after Egypt (4500 BC), Sumeria (4500 BC) and whoever it was at Göbekli Tepe (8000 BC)

lets take a look at where they all situated the mayan pyramids vast beautufully sculpted but again there is nothing left for houses or large buildings, forest life and wilderess has taken over the area but in order for that to grow the ground around it has to be leveled and cleared debris removed but where is it all

That's because they lived in wood houses. We find the postholes and evidence all over. Stone was too labor intensive to use for building homes of average people.

same with the egyptians so much prospired from them but if they built they're dwellings near enough to the pyramids then at least they should at least stand the length of time

They're built out of mud brick, which washes away in the rain. We do find lots of these villages. Frequently the survivors reuse the material from old/fallen down houses to build newer houses.

much like bethlehem its still situated in the same place buildings still standing and we have left from all these great civilasations is a set of pyramids.

Much of Bethlehem has been rebuilt. There is little of the city before 1000 AD. It's there but it's been paved over and blocks taken away to build other things.

You might enjoy looking into the archaeology of those areas more deeply and seeing all the wonderful and amazing things we've found.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The "modern human" has walked this earth for some 200,000 years. We have achieved civilization with in the past 8000, SO that makes sense(sarcasm) . Keep in mind that 200,000 years ago man had the same mental capacity as we do now, Hundred of civilization could of risen and fallen in 200,000 years.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by benrl]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

True, they could have. But then does it make SO much sense that the people of these advanced civilisations lived in caves, hunted animals with spears and liked scribbling depictions of themselves hunting?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
indeed most evidence points to 16,000 years ago being the time we first started thinking in artistic terms, the slow progression led to the development of complex communication, etc which paved the way for the first written text and the start of history - about 6000 years ago.

With the tools of complex communication, writing, maths, etc we soon developed scientific method, logic, reasoning, etc and at each step of the way we had much many more tools to advance society, soon we managed to create the printing press, division of labor and mass transit -then came computers and robotics, these have greatly sped up the speed of development and soon we'll be onto the next step replicators, fission power and eternal life. It's the inevitable path we have been following ever since we first picked up tools.

Maybe it took a few false starts to get the society working, gobeki tepe is once such example of a failed state -maybe before the last little ice age in that 1000 year warm gap we did manage to do quiet well, or maybe the zulu did live in north africa and made a few of the early pyramids while the rest of the world was hunting mamoths, maybe even the sphynix -at the moment it seems unlikely but not impossible, maybe we'll find some proof soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join