It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI5 alert on bank riots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i dont realy know how this is going to play out but heres some ideas:
deliberate crash world wide,world war, population culling.

more sisister:islam is an agreed takeover & martial law is needed to implement the new leaders or should i say imams ?.

the oposite:islam has become such a big problem for europe & all countrys that have made the mistake of allowing islam to be imported, the best way to reverse this islamic spread over the world is to cuase mass riots against islam.

the dumb conclusion
ur trusted bankers have made an honest error stealing money & we all need to get behind these realy nice people & bail them all out.

the alernative:every one needs to be controled becuase the aliens are about to land any day now, oh & there goes planet x the third time this week, & get ready folks the obama team are about to release sensitive info about engines that run on water !!. wwwwooooooowwwww.

wishfull thinking:humanity is abot to be told the matrix film is actually true, & this hole mess can be gone right now, sooo the blue pill or the red pill ???.

my personal opinion: this whole mess we are in is likley going to be exploited by minorities, whether they be muslims in the uk or large race riot gangs, its more dangerous now cuase although guns are illegal here, there is no shortage of them. so it could get messy. between now & 2010 thngs will get bad to worse, & in 2010 the new election, at this time it could realy go over the edge as more & more people are choosing to vote bnp in the uk, in other parts of europe too, even the nazi party is on the rise once again, so i think todays governments realise that if one muslims comunity is attacked in one country, then there may follow a europe wide muslims attack on western society, how many muslims in europe ???. this may get far more ugly than people realise, genoside is a big word in times like these

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well the UK has experienced its fair share of rioting over the last 30 years, most of which happened during an economic downturn.

The riots of the 80's were blamed as being race related, which in part was true but the underlying cause was poverty and the perception of a heavy handed police force.

Then we had the 'Poll tax' riots in the 90's, this tax was perceived as being an additional burden on the general populous; the net result was that people had less money in their pockets. There was also the perception that the government of the day was run by people who had lots of money.

So today we are in the throws of the worst ever financial problem and it does seem likely that we haven't felt the worst yet. Because of greedy bankers, generations of our children to come are now in debt to the banks. The government was FORCED to buy out the struggling banks with money ultimately BORROWED from the banks themselves.

It does give the impression that the greedy bankers knew EXACTLY what they were doing as they created the credit crunch in the first place.

This is why the government is making the issue of ex-bank Chief Sir Fred Goodwin's £693,000 per year for life pension such a public event.

At present the general feeling is that yes people are upset with the whole situation but haven't been pushed to breaking point just yet. However the worst is yet to come, public spending is going to be dramatically reduced over the next few years, taxes will rise and everyone is going to feel the full effects of the 'credit crunch'. Then we will see despiration in peoples eyes.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
This is why the government is making the issue of ex-bank Chief Sir Fred Goodwin's £693,000 per year for life pension such a public event.

That whole feasco is nothing but a smoke screen to get the heat off of the government, 693,000 of bank money is nothing compared to the hundreds of billion of tax payers money IMO. Screw the 693,000 it's nothing in comparison to what they've screwed out of us.

I watched the other day that the amount of the new Obama stimulus would be the same as spending a million dollars every day since the birth of Christ.

Disgusting, don't follow the Fred Goodwin story, ask brown for your money back.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I would ask Mr Brown not to put my family in debt, but i'm pretty certain he would say, 'i'm listening to what you have to say but Im in a position to know what's best for the country as a whole' pat me on my head and tell me to get back to work

I oftern wonder what would happen if RBS was allowed to go under, there would be a run on all the banks they own for sure but eventually people will take out their savings and invest it all in other banks as long as they kept their doors open wouldn't they?

The banks are in control of the taps that allow the water to flow through out our 'financial democracy'. MI5 really should be investigaing the people in charge of the banks who obviously don't have the nations interests (no pun intended) in mind.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You know what it depends on, don't you?

The weather.

If we have a wet summer, there will be no rioting.

A prolonged hot spell and it may just happen.

The current tensions with Iran, ramped up by recent rhetoric is enough to start oil prices rising again. Add that into the credit crunch and you've literally lit the blue touch paper (providing it doesn't rain!)

Time will tell, as they say...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Maybe I've become too cynical but i don't think the majority of British people have it in them to riot, well not unless you turn off "Britain's Got Talent" or some other show like that. Even when the fuel prices went up it was only a minority that stepped out to sort it and most of them were involved in haulage firms and farming industries. The average person just went out and filled their car and as many cans as they could. They never thought to make the situation better, only to make sure they themselves were ok.

A hot summer bringing riots? All it will do is cause everyone to break out the shorts, resulting in pasty white leg warnings on the weather.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The Stop the War coalition, orchestrating the G20 protest, said: “The first week of April could be a week of world leaders will never forget.”

Let's hope so.

I am not sure what putting the Army on stand-by serves, they currently have as much greviance as the rest of us, a little more decension in the ranks and we could have the arsenals opened up, and a full blown civil war to look forward to. I know just where there's a tank with my name on it!

Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Here's hoping for a loooong hot summer.

Although....these Top Secret plans, aren't very Top Secret are they?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hehe! If the UK was pushed into another war I could defintately envisage the opposition trying to cultivate an uprising of our goverment by backing the would-be credit crunch rioters. Like when the U.S.S.R. supported the protestors of the Vietnam war in the USA, or when the USA was supporting the Anti-Chávez coop in Venezuela.

To ImaginaryReality1984, 'Credit Crunchies' will soon come in bitter lemon flavour and I'm sure the public will have a taste for revolt once people struggle to put food on the table through no fault of their own.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I just don't see it.

UK residents are on the whole laid back to the point of being comatose, they are an easy race to dominate, hence the great ease with which their government imposes its will on them with increasingly outrageous laws and rules. Just look at the news on any given day.

The UK does however have a large number of the great unwashed, witness the recent BBC office invasions. But most of those pond dwellers don't have any money, so bank riots are not of much use or interest to them.

Either way, let's hope that if the riots come and people find themselves under siege in their own homes, they don't need any firearms with which to protect themselves. Perish the thought

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
UK residents are on the whole laid back to the point of being comatose, they are an easy race to dominate, hence the great ease with which their government imposes its will on them with increasingly outrageous laws and rules. Just look at the news on any given day.

We're not a race and not many people here pay a great deal of attention to the law -- at least not many people that I know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
We're not a race.

I guess we'll disagree on that one, modern definitions of race are not limited to physical appearence but include social heritage and cultural norms, I think that Anglo-Saxons most definitely qualify.

I still don't see the British rising out of their armchairs to take part in bank riots.

More likely this is your government using some scaremongering to put yet another nail in the coffin labelled "Your Freedom".

As a nation you have already been one inch away from having the use of racist language in your own home made into a criminal offence (the MacPherson Report), with so many cameras now trained on your every movement, just how long will it be before you have them in your own homes?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

It's not in our nature to riot but they do happen in the UK, in fact there have been large scale riots in the 70's 80's and 90's due to financial despair but none so far in the 00's.

As we are heading into a the biggest financial meltdown ever, it almost seems predicable.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I guess we'll disagree on that one, modern definitions of race are not limited to physical appearence but include social heritage and cultural norms, I think that Anglo-Saxons most definitely qualify.

We're not all Anglo-Saxons though, are we? We're an incredibly multi-cultural society. Take a walk through the streets of London or Milton Keynes then try and tell me otherwise.

I still don't see the British rising out of their armchairs to take part in bank riots.

You imply we all sit around in armchairs drinking tea. That's a stereotype that may have had a bit more truth to it 70 years ago, but certainly not now. Besides, I haven't even got an arm chair (and nor do I partake of that damned foul beverage)...

As a nation you have already been one inch away from having the use of racist language in your own home made into a criminal offence (the MacPherson Report), with so many cameras now trained on your every movement, just how long will it be before you have them in your own homes?

Cameras in every home? I'd love to see them try and enforce that. People will just rip them down or cover the lens with paint or tape. Personally I'd just laugh at the stupid thing and then smash it right off the god-forsaken wall with a baseball bat before carrying on with my day as normal.

(And if you're an American don't you try and say you've gone and saved the entire world again just because you people invented baseball bats.)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

We're not all Anglo-Saxons though, are we? We're an incredibly multi-cultural society. Take a walk through the streets of London or Milton Keynes then try and tell me otherwise.

No country is single race, but if we were to categorize the UK, you are overwhelmingly Anglo-Saxon, at least for a short while until your Muslim population reaches its predicted levels.

You imply we all sit around in armchairs drinking tea. That's a stereotype that may have had a bit more truth to it 70 years ago, but certainly not now. Besides, I haven't even got an arm chair (and nor do I partake of that damned foul beverage)...

I didn't really mention tea drinking, but it's infinitely superior to our national beverage, namely coffee. I was really referring to the unfortunate British habit of tolerance, which appears to have manifested itself into laziness. My impression is that on the whole, the British really don't care that much about anything.

Cameras in every home? I'd love to see them try and enforce that. People will just rip them down or cover the lens with paint or tape. Personally I'd just laugh at the stupid thing and then smash it right off the god-forsaken wall with a baseball bat before carrying on with my day as normal.

Since this is a conspiracy site, and the UK already has the highest level of security camera coverage in the world, plus the previously quoted attempt to regulate personal speech in the home (do you have any idea how unbelievably dangerous that was), plus your strange fascination with Big Brother style TV programs, I would say that you're first in line for home cameras, maybe for criminals first.

And if you're an American don't you try and say you've gone and saved the entire world again just because you people invented baseball bats.

Nahh, we didn't save the entire world, just your little bit of it, twice.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Great OP - this is certainly something that the general populace should be much more aware of here in the UK- though I've not yet seen any coverage on the News (on TV); however, I must admit that I agree with Retseh in questioning just how much of an effect this will have.

The UK, on the whole, suffers a great deal from Apathy. Much like any other country, we do have a hard core of loud individuals that do try to stand up to every single piece of new legislation, although we all know that most of these groups have been stereotyped, marginalized and ridiculed.

The young working class, who would be the group with the most interest and potential, when revolution time comes knocking, are practically tied to their desks. I'm one of them. We work the longest hours in Europe, have the fewest holidays and, on the whole, don't get paid enough to live with. For a lot of people, it really is all about working until night time, lazing around at home, considering the early starts, and drinking on the weekends. Things like ATS are hard to come by, because the majority of people in the UK cite TV as their main source of current affairs information. Other than that, you've got the choice of Tabloid newspapers, or broadsheets which, broadly speaking (!) all have their own agendas - remember that MI5 used to have a say in what goes in the Telegraph.

Very few people make the effort to check the credibility of the news they're hearing, and fewer still think there's enough value in knowing current affairs to make sure they get the pure, unbiased information - it's a typical 'better things to do with my time' situation.

This apathy, unless those sitting on the fence jump the right way, could be the death of freedom in this country. With so many people here concerned with the quality of their lives, and paying for it with debt, the concept of purposely having a day off work is a scary one - what If I get sacked? No one will join the march until the majority accept it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by obscureuser]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I could well be wrong, but I've always doubted that much will change in the UK until the adversity REALLY hits the middle classes.

All the time the working classes are the ones being the worst affected by the lack of decent, affordable housing, jobs, education, clean streets, healthcare without a long waiting list,
public transport, etc etc nothing much will happen.

There might be a few protests but then things will slip 'back to normal'.

The problems have to seep up the social strata before people with any real clout will get up and do something.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do agree that the times are ripe for not just riots, but revolution. Perhaps its more that things have gotten so bad that nothing short of revolution will have any chance of making a meaningful change.

Problem is, its never a reasoned or rational process. As tensions build up amongst a larger and larger part of the population, the need for release becomes unbearable. Then its not usually the main perpetrator of wrongs that gets the "business" but some poor bloke in the wrong place at the wrong time. Its the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back.

It Britain's case it will probably be a side remark by some Imam that will be the spark, and the volcanoe of public unrest will explode upon all Muslims, and not the government and financial crooks who deserve it.

I'm in Canada, but I am sure that once the lid blows, wherever that is, we will all be as on fire as the Australian countryside was this past couple of months.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No country is single race, but if we were to categorize the UK, you are overwhelmingly Anglo-Saxon, at least for a short while until your Muslim population reaches its predicted levels.

So in a short while the approximately 2,000,000 Muslims in this region will grow to such a size that they will outnumber the 50,000,000 plus Anglo-Saxons presently living here? That's interesting. Where are they all going to fit in, then? This country is dangerously overcrowded as it is.

I didn't really mention tea drinking, but it's infinitely superior to our national beverage, namely coffee.

You didn't mention it, no. But it certainly was in concert with your gross stereotyping, wasn't it? That was my point, Sir. That was my actual point.

I was really referring to the unfortunate British habit of tolerance, which appears to have manifested itself into laziness. My impression is that on the whole, the British really don't care that much about anything.

Hang on a minute, did an American just insinuate that we're lazy? Because nobody at all is sitting around doing nothing in America while the country and the constitution both are systematically raped? A case of the old pot and kettle, would you not say?

Since this is a conspiracy site, and the UK already has the highest level of security camera coverage in the world, plus the previously quoted attempt to regulate personal speech in the home (do you have any idea how unbelievably dangerous that was), plus your strange fascination with Big Brother style TV programs, I would say that you're first in line for home cameras, maybe for criminals first.

I actually can't stand Big Brother and consider it to be the epitome of dumbness. But again, it's interesting that you would attack us as a country for that when America is just as bad. Don't act like that show has absolutely no popularity in the States, and don't act like it's British, or anything. The Dutch invented it.

And yes, I know the situation with the CCTV cameras is absurd and completely out of control in the UK, but, "since this is a conspiracy site," would it be appropriate of me to mention that your own country is heading down exactly the same route? What, you've got no CCTV in America and the number of cameras is not increasing?

Nahh, we didn't save the entire world, just your little bit of it, twice.

Whilst at the same time some of your citizens were financing, substantially, the very same Nazi War Machine you tried to save us all from? Funny that, what?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So in a short while the approximately 2,000,000 Muslims in this region will grow to such a size that they will outnumber the 50,000,000 plus Anglo-Saxons presently living here? That's interesting. Where are they all going to fit in, then? This country is dangerously overcrowded as it is.

I agree that the UK is over-crowded, but I don't see you doing anything to stop immigration or reduce population levels. Your Muslim population is growing at a rate that is 10 times higher than any other population segment, link here:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So yes, if it continues growing at that rate, there will come a future time when they will represent the majority.

You didn't mention it, no. But it certainly was in concert with your gross stereotyping, wasn't it? That was my point, Sir. That was my actual point.

There really was no gross stereoptyping intended, other than to perhaps impart the notion that the British are lazy, which I confess is my personal opinion based on first hand observation.

Hang on a minute, did an American just insinuate that we're lazy? Because nobody at all is sitting around doing nothing in America while the country and the constitution both are systematically raped? A case of the old pot and kettle, would you not say?

Like I said, I'll quite openly call the British lazy, very lazy for what it's worth, both in a work sense and in terms of social action.

I actually can't stand Big Brother and consider it to be the epitome of dumbness. But again, it's interesting that you would attack us as a country for that when America is just as bad. Don't act like that show has absolutely no popularity in the States, and don't act like it's British, or anything. The Dutch invented it.

I don't blame you for not liking it, it's TV for morons, and yes I know it was a Dutch invention. My point is that the British seem more at home with the concept of spying on people than most nationalities. Witness all the CCTV cameras. No other nation comes close.

Whilst at the same time some of your citizens were financing, substantially, the very same Nazi War Machine you tried to save us all from? Funny that, what?

This one gets trotted out fairly regularly here. The US includes a lot of German expats, and international finance being what it is, money was inevitably going to flow from the US into Germany, just as it also did into Mussolini's Italy.

What we ended up investing in the UK carried a fair bit more value to us, try visiting the war cemetary outside Cambridge and maybe you'll figure it out.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I agree that the UK is over-crowded, but I don't see you doing anything to stop immigration or reduce population levels. Your Muslim population is growing at a rate that is 10 times higher than any other population segment, link here:

That's irrelevant. You claimed, and I quote: "No country is single race, but if we were to categorize the UK, you are overwhelmingly Anglo-Saxon, at least for a short while until your Muslim population reaches its predicted levels." And I asked of you, where are they all going to fit? Effectively you're talking about almost doubling the entire population of the United Kingdom! So I ask you again, where are all those people going to live? We haven't the room.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So yes, if it continues growing at that rate, there will come a future time when they will represent the majority.

Ah, so now it's "there will come a future time." Just a moment ago it was "in a short time." The population of the UK isn't going to almost double in a "short time," Sir.

There really was no gross stereoptyping intended, other than to perhaps impart the notion that the British are lazy, which I confess is my personal opinion based on first hand observation.

To call an entire country "lazy" and say they can't even get out of their armchairs and do anything about anything, that's a gross stereotype whether you intended it to be or not. It's a gross stereotype whether it happens to be your "personal opinion based on first hand observation" or not.

Like I said, I'll quite openly call the British lazy, very lazy for what it's worth, both in a work sense and in terms of social action.

But you claim to not have intended to grossly stereotype us all, yet you've just done it again. I'm starting to think you're lying to me, America.

I don't blame you for not liking it, it's TV for morons, and yes I know it was a Dutch invention. My point is that the British seem more at home with the concept of spying on people than most nationalities. Witness all the CCTV cameras. No other nation comes close.

Yeah but that's got nothing to do with the popularity of a television show. You haven't got as high a ratio of cameras as us but I'd be willing to bet that Big Brother is just as popular in America as it is here. So your initial point proves nothing at all.

This one gets trotted out fairly regularly here. The US includes a lot of German expats, and international finance being what it is, money was inevitably going to flow from the US into Germany, just as it also did into Mussolini's Italy.

As I understand it men within your government at that time were actually in trouble over the trading with the enemy act, because they were substantially helping to finance the German military machine. I'm not talking a few dollars here and there from German expatriates, I'm talking millions upon millions from men in, or heavily connected to, your government.

What we ended up investing in the UK carried a fair bit more value to us, try visiting the war cemetary outside Cambridge and maybe you'll figure it out.

And we are very grateful for that sacrifice, don't ever think otherwise. But next time try not to finance the very same military you're trying to fight and your sacrifice will be far less. That's just common sense. You could ask yourself how many Americans died at the hands of German equiptment that Americans helped finance. You could also ask yourself how many of my countrymen and women and other Europeans died as a result of that financial assistance. So don't try and pull the guilt card with me, Retseh. Don't you dare.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Cadbury]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join