It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lucius Trust:" A conspiracy? I've been invited to join it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To make a long story short, somebody close to me has invited me to join the so-called "Lucius Trust" group.

Their official site:
www.lucistrust.org...

As someone with a longstanding interest in esotericism, I have not ruled it out. But I have read a number of disturbing things about this group, tying them in with the NWO/illuminati and even alleging Satanism. for example:

www.rumormillnews.com...

I can't really get behind that sort of thing...or should I try and "infiltrate" them anyway?

Any opinions about this group?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just by making an open to the public post as to your doubts of this group that came to you... says to me you were never even asked to join.

If a secret society, or a group with secret agendas comes to someone, then they have a reason, and are justified by their choice. YOU, however, by posting this, shows that you could never have been trusted in the first place.

Ego, this is a fallacy.

EDIT here:

Seems I may have been a bit too quick on the comments... just checked out the links; what makes YOU believe that this group is bad? Is your friend demented? Have you personally had bad experiences with your friend or this group?

Do you trust your friend?

Join. You can always leave if you want. But to act as an informant? Unless you are on their board, what kind of information could you possibly gather?

[edit on 2009/3/1 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here is some information for you.

The Lucifer Plan

www.redmoonrising.com...

The Lucis Trust, formerly known as the Lucifer Publishing Company was formed by Alice A. Bailey a Theophsist and disciple of Madame Blavatsky (Helena Petrovna Blavatsky). Blavatsky was the founder of Theosophy and is considered the "mother" of the New Age movement and modern occultism. She taught in her Secret Doctrine that Lucifer was "higher and older than Jehovah. She further expressed in her "great work" that Satan, under different god-names, is really an allegory of "Good, and Sacrifice, a God of Wisdom." Blavatsky believed that Satan was the only god of earth, "is one with the Logos," and is the "cosmic reflection of God.". Blavatsky also equated Lucifer with Jesus Christ.

The Lucis Trust (or Lucifer Publishing Company) is a United Nations Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and is represented at weekly sessions at the United Nations in New York and Geneva and a member of the UN Economic and Social Council.

The Lucis Trust promotes IoNs as one of the "New Group of World Servers". The Lucis Trust are pushing for the establishment of a permanent "Age of Aquarius" ruled by one "christ" figure, "Lord of the Word" or Maitreya (the new age messiah) and a One World Religion.

Lets take a step away from IoNS for a minute and take a look at the intenet movie Zeitgeist which appears to have taken in millions of people across the world:

Zeitgeist Part I used the controversial author Archarya S as the consultant for the movie. Part I of the movie is based on her book "The Christ Conspiracy", she also penned the companion guide for Zeitgeist.

Archarya S plagiarised her book from a book written in the 1800's by a Quaker who claimed without any evidence that there were 16 previous crucified saviours. This book was heavily cited by the Theosphical Society (founded by Madam Blavatsky - see above).

Archarya S expanded on the themes of the original book by drawing on material from Madam Blavatsky; revered 33rd degree Freemason Alber Pike who stated "Yes, Lucifer is God"; controversial researcher "Jordan Maxwell" (a pseudonym: derived from one of Maxwell's mentors, Madame Blavatsky's, works-- i.e., Jordanus Maximus); Gerlad Massey (High Chief Druid and contributor to Blavatsky's Lucifer Magazine); Albert Churchward (Freemason); James Churchward (Freemason); Michael Baigent (Freemason); Godfrey Higgins (Freemason / Cheif Druid) and others. To this day there are unclaimed financial rewards for anyone who can actually back up any of the claims made by Archarya S or Zeitgeist Part I.
www.redmoonrising.com...

www.disclose.tv...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Ummm...the tone of your post didn't strike me as a very courteous and civil, sir. Just sayin'. You first accused me of being a liar without knowing all the facts yourself. You also accused me of being untrustworthy without knowing anything about me.

Lucius trust is not a "secret society" per se (although it might have some secrets concealed in the higher levels). Its been around since the 30s and as far as I can tell, you or anyone else can contact them yourself and ask to join. No biggie. I doubt its any more difficult than joining the Masons or some other groups that have nefarious reputations. So please be a little more thourough in your research before lashing out and acusing others of bald-faced lying.

As to your second question, what makes me think this group might be bad is some of the stuff I've read on the net about it that ties it into a number of satanic and conspiracy memes. No, my friend is not "demented" but that doesn't mean I have to take his advice uncritically. Other friends of mine advised me to buy an overpriced house at the hight of the housing bubble in 2005 or 2006, and I declined. Turns out they were wrong, and I was right, but I wouldn't call them "demented" or "untrustworthy" per se. Perhaps this friend, too, is mistaken. Perhaps he's been duped into something over his head, who knows? Or maybe the bad rep of this group is just a lot of internet hysteria and there is nothing wrong with Lucius at all. I really couldn't say...which is why I started this thread.

Please by all means continue to share your opinions on this topic, but I'd appreciate it if you took the personal rancor down a notch. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
[sorry, double post]

[edit on 3/1/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
And all I am trying to say is, if you trust you friend who happens to be in this organization, then where is the problem?

But, I admit, I deserve your remark... as I edited in my post, I made a mistake. There are NUMEROUS threads on ATS that have people claiming that they were approached to join such-and-such, and I automatically assumed that this was such a thread.

Luckily, I'm the only one here you makes mistakes, or else we'd have a lot of problematic posts!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Here is some information for you......

Thank you for the thourough and interesting find. I appreciate it. Though it is hard to know what to make of it all, it's another piece in the puzzle.

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
And all I am trying to say is....

No problems, I understand what you mean. It's easy for everyone to get carried away in these forums. I don't mean to come across as snippy or over sensitive, either. Peace.

Regarding your question, although I generally do trust this person, the older I get the more I see people led astray in one way or another, dispite their good intentions. Life is full of wrong turns and we all pile up regrets as we go along. One of the things I've come across in discussions of conspiracies and secret organizations is that there is often a hidden "inner core" of higher-level adepts who dupe the lower-level members or use them for purposes beyond their understanding. It's not just conspiracy theories, either: for example, Stalin wrote contemptuously of American and Westen-European communists, calling them "useful idiots." They were idealists and others who the USSR used for various nefarious purposes without them being fully aware of it. Stalin himself was a cynical, hardened leader well beyond the idealism of such people, but he used their good intentions to do all sorts of damage.

This pattern seems to be fairly common in history. Some have alleged that the Lucius Trust is creating "foot soldiers" for a one-world religion. Those involved at the lower levels may not even be aware of this, but if some day there is a change in "the system" and they find themselves in an advantageous position due to their connections with lucius or other groups, how many will turn down the chance to grub a little extra power for themselves, even if this wasn't their original intent in joining? Such people could be adeptly manipulated by an "inner circle" to apply all kinds of pressure and acomplish external goals of the inner circle, both before and after an NWO power grab. If it sounds cynical to speak of my good-intentioned and rather intelligent/sophisticated friend this way, its simply because life itself has made me cynical over the years, too, and I'm under no illusion that anyone (including myself) could find themselves duped and their actions/intentions twisted by others with more power and awareness. Heck, in a sense it happens to us all every time we fill out our tax forms. We become complicit and we ourselves provide the funds for all sorts of nasty stuff our government does that is beyond our knowledge or control.

[edit on 3/1/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

No problem, silent thunder. Except my apologizes as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
All these religious organizations serve one purpose and that is to milk you for all you're worth. Why anyone needs to join an religious organization to become enlightened is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
All these religious organizations serve one purpose and that is to milk you for all you're worth. Why anyone needs to join an religious organization to become enlightened is beyond me.

My motivation in joining this organization has nothing whatsoever to do with religion, worship, or "becoming enlightened." Rather, it would be a chance to meet some interesting, eclectic-minded people with knowledge and appreciation of esoteric ideas. Sort of the same sorts of reasons I post on ATS and other similar boards.

In the ultimate analysis, just another way to pass some of my time before I shuffle off this mortal coil, so to speak. Just passin' through.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Concerning this Lucius Trust... outwardly, and as seen with public inspection of their site, there is nothing wrong here; helping others, gaining a better understanding of the world...

However, and I know this is a really trivial thing, for some reason, I do not like the wording used for the organization's name; it probably just stems from movies and books, but anything labeled Trust, well, shouldn't be. Like I said, it's a trivial thing.

As far as its history, and original name: big deal. That was just a system of belief; it may have changed, it may have adapted. Just note that Lucifer is not the same as Satan.

Myself, I'd like to meet with Rosicrucians.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have seen almost all Zeitgeist documentaries and this came accross my mind:

Let's say these "top secret" groups according to what I see have been planning this stuff for years as we have actually found out, and they know all of us that look for the truth will find all this "underground" internet revealing info very appealing. So, what if they knowingly expose some of their already obvious actual secrets as bait to those they know are still going to be a minority ( since they dominate the big mass anyway) in order to find out who their opposers in this "new world order" would be?

Think of it, they've been planning this for years, and all these people joining this Zeitgeist movement tells them exactly who are the actual thinking and critical individuals out there: their potential enemies.

Just a thought.

Peace.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by zirri]

new topics

top topics

join