It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you know if you were "The One" ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have a little theory myself on 'THE ONE'. (Please bare with me it is still in it's infancy)

In short:
The ONE is an entity just like any DEMON or negative energy if you prefer that. It tempt us to believe we are the ONE when infact we are just being used as a channel for the entity who refers to itself as the ONE. It is what makes some people go insane and comit some horrible acts of cruelty and inhumanity.

I myself has experienced this energy. It makes you feel about 7 feet tall all powerful and somehow superior.....and that my friends can only be a bad thing in my eyes.

Free will means you decide what side to take and which actions to perform, who is your slave owner and who's your slave. If there is a GOD or not regardless of it's name in the end we were given free will. And therefore the can be no ONE.

I will write more on the subject at a later stage as I haven't yet fully researched the fenomenon and want to fine tune my theory.

To the OP you know who you are you don't need anyone to tell you. When the time is right and you ask the right question the answer will come to you and you will know that it is the truth.

I hope I am making some sense here....and again it's just a theory in it's infancy. There are no proofs of this just a hunch and observation of the fenomenon on my part.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think if you are The One you couldn't help but know.

But in the fantasy fiction Hollywood reality that most Westerners accept, the possibility of someone exceptional roaming around waiting for their revelation is appealing. There are probably millions who believe they are The One.

I expect The One would not be asking about it on a conspiracy site forum.

MF

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It could be "The One" levitates out of the womb instead of getting pulled or pushed out, that would be a dead giveaway. Or maybe he would just appear like that, he doesn't need to born at all, not even immaculate.

It could also be the One was meant to live a normal life, grow up like everyone else and at some age become aware and gain all kinds of superpowers. Knowing how life is for us normal folks he would only use his powers to help. Just think of what a spoiled brat he would become if the whole world appointed him The One from birth!

It could also be the doing of some primitive thought (the Alpha male) which organized our society for so long, that makes us think in terms of The One today.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The "one" just happens like any character from a story or game the one that will change destiny and tempt fate doesn't even know that he/she will accomplish something great it just happens. But I will say this people that spend their entire day on a forum at home and never go out and experience life probably are not the "One" the one brings change to those around them at home and the community.

Also finding a legendary sword wouldn't be to shabby either.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
If you were the Promised One or had a unique destiny, would you know it automatically? Or would you kind of "grow into" the knowledge (intuit it over time)? Hunches, dreams, etc?

Or if you have another role to play, even if you aren't "the One," how can you contact and be sure of your destiny?

We are all the one. We all have a unique destiny, we all automatically know that we are the one as ourselves only, just one, the one off kind of who we are and that there is no-one other that is the exact same one as us or having the exact same destiny.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sorry, I just also want to add that if a big black man with a cool name like morpheus comes up to you and offers you the choice of two pills whilst calling you the one. Then this may also be an indicator that you are not only the one, but also that you are destined to be in two more movies there after.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You'd know kung fu if you were the one.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VampireZio
The "one" just happens like any character from a story or game the one that will change destiny and tempt fate doesn't even know that he/she will accomplish something great it just happens. But I will say this people that spend their entire day on a forum at home and never go out and experience life probably are not the "One" the one brings change to those around them at home and the community.

Also finding a legendary sword wouldn't be to shabby either.

Not being able to concive of a possible senario in which that would happen means that you are not the one. Heres my favorite quote from justamomma "sucks for you".

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think this quote may help you.

Some men are born great, some men become great, and some people have greatness thrust upon them.

If there is this destany out their that we all have to fufill it kinda takes free will out of the mix doesn't it. I think sometimes we may get a helping hand from the powers that be but mostly we are on our own. That being said.

1.) Sometimes your just born into a possition where people will remember you and you can do things, ie child of a KING.

2.) Sometimes through lots of hard work you can do things.

3.) And sometimes your just the right person in the right place at the right time.

All three of these things have happened more times than one could count through the ages and is a great explination.

I have done good things, I have do bad things so you really need to define greatness. If "the one" was about to be ran over by a car and you pushed him out of the way would that make you greater than him because he could have done nothing without you. Or what if your his teacher that teaches him all the things he knows.

We have this problem as a people where we want to credit one person for everything. We love to have heros. They give abe lincoln all this credit for freeing the slaves when all he said was free them after he started a war that divided the whole country, and that one little thing he did made him imortal as a great leader when he killed more americans than all other was put together, divided our country, and destroyed the south so bad it did not start to recover till after world war 2 and is still far behind the north because nobody cared to help the trouble makers rebuild unless they could make a buck off it.

So I think there is no "THE ONE" unless we make them that. It takes a lot of work from a lot of people and sometimes your just the right person in the right place at the right time.

If something needed to be done that badly and there is a group of people there and one of them does it, "does that meand the rest would have just stood there had he not been there." It just means he was the dominate personality in that situation. Others could/would have done it but he did.

I am not saying that to diminish someones heroism, I am just saying we have a lot of hero's out there every day but people don't watch the NEWS to hear the good things so they are ignored.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join