It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you know if you were "The One" ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If you were the Promised One or had a unique destiny, would you know it automatically? Or would you kind of "grow into" the knowledge (intuit it over time)? Hunches, dreams, etc?

Or if you have another role to play, even if you aren't "the One," how can you contact and be sure of your destiny?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

what are you talking about, indigo? Are you talking about a Jet Li movie kind of scenario? You'd have to travel the multiverses and kill yourself in every single one.

really...the one. Why does anyone have to be so special? That's just the ego talking. The only thing I know for sure that exists in this reality is the "special" people; the rest is just ordinary...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If you have to ask, its a good indication its not you. And if for some strange reason it is...you'll know when you are. Stop trying to make fantasy into reality.

Besides everyone knows Obama's the One.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
the thing is you wouldn't know until you almost accomplish the mission that was set out.
anyways, when lately have you heard of anyone who came along and did a whole bunch of good crap for a cause and actually succeeded fully by themselves? this isn't the movies.
It takes a whole bunch of people working towards one goal to accomplish anything of great proportions.
THE ONES

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I guess you may never know for sure. Aliens arent telling anyone... its a shame really. Would be nice if there were really big obvious clues.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"I'm special", "no I am!" , "are you nuts I'm obviously special".

"Nobody is special! You're all insane!"

I say: "A complex mix of atoms, molecules and a host of chemical reactions that allow the possibility of a functioning consciousness, replicated over many billions of times in the space of a few hundred thousand years, during a 'process' of almost 14 billion years and counting. Built cities, initiated wars, made sweet love and slipped over banana peels....

You're telling me we are all not special?"

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Indigo Starchild, you aren't the one, so you don't have to worry.

If you were the one, then your destiny would have forced you into a life that you would not have picked out for yourself, and that you would never do over again if you had a second chance. If you were the one then you would have had to make many great sacrifices in your life in order to stay on the path of destiny forced upon you.

I'm talking about your entire life, you would have been forced into doing things that you would not have done, and you would have made many great discoveries, and you would have to have had read many OLD BOOKS, and you aren't old enough to be the one, you are still very young.

You would have to be mulitlingual, and posses certain attributes that most others don't have, but many do have, but not in enough quantity.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
correction, EVERYONE is special.

And youll fill your destiny because, its your destiny. Its who you are. You will lead yourself to it. You just have to trust and be yourself, maybe find yourself first. Than everything else will fall into place.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

First of all, "The One" would not be calling themselves an "Indigo Starchild". The one would know there is no such thing.
Sorry, but it's the truth.
"Indigo's" are right up there with the goofy people on the Discovery Channel that call themselves "Vampires", wear fluffy shirts, live in their parents basements, and nibble on the arms of their dorky friends.
There is no such thing as being born as a super-being who will change the world.
Unfortunately, if you want to change the world, you have to do it from the ground up. Work your butt off, and make use of "human" avenues like education, volunteer work, education, politics, education, charity, education and selflessness.

All this "Indigo" stuff is just Mental Masturbation.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
How would you know if you were "The One"?

The media would tell you! Just look at Mr. Obama.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that the "One" would know it. This is a bit off topic, but this is something akin to people asking "Does the anti-Christ know he's the anti-Christ?" Doubtful.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You are the one, searching for something, but you don't know what it is. You can feel it but you can not explain it. The answer will come to you....

Though if you were asking if you are special - my answer would be no.
But does it matter what anyone else tells you? and why do you so desperately wanna be someone chosen.... someone special?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
im pretty sure as soon as the "one" gets power hes gonna fly around giving everyone icecream, atleast thats what id do. Vote Wertdagf for the 2012 election of the "one". Free icecream!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The one is fiction meant to suppress the common sense of the masses. A way to keep the sheeple living in a dream world where they believe someone is going to come and save them while they allow the scum of earth to thrive.

If there ever is going to be a one, it'll be someone who did something that made life a little better for the bottom feeders, but he'd never even know it because he'd be labelled the one by religious morons long after he died. A handful of attention whores would then tell tales about their adventures with him, they'd right a book about how wonderful he was, and then the people will worship him for thousands of years and continue the cycle of stupidity...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild

Or if you have another role to play, even if you aren't "the One," how can you contact and be sure of your destiny?

I am just curious about this question. Why would you want to contact anyone with a question such as this?

Your destiny lies with you. You make your own descisions where you want to go, and what type of person you want to be.

You should be asking yourself this question, not somebody else.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
If you were the Promised One or had a unique destiny, would you know it automatically?

well in order to be "the one" then your body would have to be immortal and invlnerable... at least until the "time" when your "oneness" was needed to define you as such.

that is .. if it's "predestined and "according to some author of a script in heaven" or whatever you're maintaining "the one" to be...
if it's predestined.. and "you must fulfil the role" .. then you can't die untill you do right?

so ... if you get hit by a bus and die.. you're not the one.

(unless you already fulfilled the role of being "the one", unknowingly, before you get hit by a bus and die.)

( i can't believe i just wrote that post.)

-

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
LOL i like your line of reasoning. That places it perfectly into perspective. Well see ATS memeber suicider rates spike conciderably over the next few days thanks to that.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

funny you should say that, there was this military truck that sped around this corner and it had me dead in its tracks. It stopped in the nick of time or I stopped it ...my hands actually held its bumper.

Coincidence or not, it happened. Does that count? Could I possibly be the one?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Easy.

I'd be able to fly, use pyrokinesis, telekinesis, electrokinesis... I could go invisible and bend the laws of time and space to my own whim.

Surely those clues alone would reveal that I am the one.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You know you are special when you start a thread in the Gray Area at ATS, claiming that you are "The One". Just like all the others who also are "The One".

And good luck with all of that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join