It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural beats induced sleep paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hi, I have been experimenting with Binaural beats for lucid dreaming purposes. I have been successful in increasing the length and duration of my dreams as well as the recall of them. I have experienced some very vivid dreams using these sound frequency.

However last night I had a very terrifying experience with them, My wife was watching a movie downstairs and I decided to head to bed early. This is what happened I put the headphones on and had a hard time falling to sleep, Normally I can get to sleep with in 20 minutes, an hour with them on and nothing. I believe at some point I must of fallen asleep, I experienced a few moments of sheer terror accompany with a sharp pain in my neck, I saw flashing lights all around and could not move for what seemed like forever. It took a great force of will to come out of it, I actually fell out of my bed and was disoriented, I was in a cold sweat and my neck hurt.

I looked at the clock and it had been 2 hours since i last check, My wife was downstairs asleep on the couch with my dog also asleep on the floor. (this was kinda odd as my dog normally jumps from his sleep when ever anything comes near him) I was able to walk right up to both of them and had to shake them both to wake up.

I am a little freaked out by this whole thing as I have never experienced anything like it. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this?

also while this was happening I had a sense that I did not want to turn around to see what was behind me, as I sensed a malevolence of some kind to my back.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by benrl]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
sounds scary. i would give those beats a rest and try other methods of lucid dreaming!!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Could it have been a dream?

Although, you said you were dabbing in the arts of Vivid dreams, so you can probably tell the difference.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yeah I am giving it a rest, It was completely different then anything I have experienced with these sounds. The thing about it was that even as I sit here its hard for me to determine if I even fell asleep in the first place.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have experienced very sudden jolts, almost like being hit with a big bang of electricity when using binaural beats and the monroe tapes.
It wakes me up strainght away.

I do get dreams now and then where it's like I fall baack into my body, but these jolts are more sudden and more un nerving than these falling dreams.

It has happened maybe 5-6 times, I have been using the tapes a couple of times a week for a few months.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So why is this in the Aliens & Ufo section again? Your dreaming buddy. Cold shower will fix you right up.

Oh & lay of the Binaural beats for a while.

C-BuZz

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Were you using brainwave generator or SBaGen or something similar? I've only ever experienced small effects from the use of these and other programs but it sounds like you had a strong reaction. I've heard that they can cause anything from out of body experiences to simulation of drug effects (which is what idoser markets) and I have heard of people having some weird experiences. It might be best if you don't try it alone anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Brainwave Generator claims to be able to do some remarkable things but I've heard as many negative results from people as positive.

People get strong headaches, dizziness, and like you, sometimes night terrors / sleep paralysis.

I'd advise against using anything that attempts to modify the frequency of your brainwaves. Not healthy stuff in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join