It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Believe Your Cell Phone Can Be Monitored? Guess Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Dont Believe Your Cell Phone Can Be Monitored? Guess Again!

www.70news.com

....allow customers to spy on their partners without their knowledge. They’re not the only ones doing it.

From Flexispy’s website: Download FlexiSPY spyphone software directly onto a mobile phone and receive copies of SMS, Call Logs, Emails, Locations and listen to conversations within minutes.... WATCH THE VIDEO ON WEBSITE
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The software then collects all available data and sends it to you web account where you can view it from any computer. It sends the data using the phones Internet connection. The software also looks out for incoming calls with predefined numbers and then silently switches on the phone so you can....
WATCH THE VIDEO ON WEBSITE

www.70news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes, this is for business's, who actually pay for there employees to have a phone.The account is in there name.
You cant randomly get this information from other people

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
We have a system in place in Finland where police has the right to get SMS and live phone call information, including listening. There is nothing special about it. Emergency services has the right to locate any phone if caller doesn't know where exactly ambulance or fire department is needed. It works and only good has been caused because of it.

This however is something different, because husbands and wifes can install this software to their partner's phone. This kind of software has existed for computer for ages.

Advices for those who want to cheat is that buy an old phone, which simply does not support software in question. It can't be installed, thus your phone cannot be listened by others except police.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

"You cant randomly get this information from other people"

Really?

I thought you could 'randomly' do anything where choice is a factor....

*In any case, if I wanted to put this software on someones phone without being detected - I could do so, and I'm an old man with shaky fingers...

It takes less than 30 seconds to transfer the program to the phone.

If you have ever your phone unguarded for more than the length of time it takes to install this program; theoretically, this program could be on your phone.

If I was the Government, I could listen to everyone's calls; By running the voice data through a network of supercomputers that converts spoken words to text, which would scan for key terms and intent.

(Actually if I was the Government, I would obey The Constitution)

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
From what I've been hearing about these RFID chips, all someone would have to do is walk by and scan you.. And have all the information on the card. Your identity could be stolen by someone walking by.. That should scare everyone. These chips are coming. They already have chips in Oklahoma drivers licenses. How long until they are putting them in cell phones and computers?

I know this isn't a cell-phone, but I read this story a while back about tracking devices being installed in brand-new computers that can be used to track all of your internet activity. The cell-phone equivalent probably already exists...

GOVERNMENT AND COMPUTER MANUFACTURERS CAUGHT INSTALLING HARD-WIRED KEYSTROKE LOGGERS INTO ALL NEW LAPTOP COMPUTERS!

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Really?
*In any case, if I wanted to put this software on someones phone without being detected - I could do so, and I'm an old man with shaky fingers...
If you have ever your phone unguarded for more than the length of time it takes to install this program; theoretically, this program could be on your phone.
If I was the Government, I could listen to everyone's calls; By running the voice data through a network of supercomputers that converts spoken words to text, which would scan for key terms and intent.

I would never get anything done to my phone by someone else.
I do it all my self.If I cant figure out how to do it, then it doesn't get done.
It has symbian OS version, cleanly re installed by me after I bought it, programs need to be signed in order to install them.
However I use a program called HelloCarbide to remove the need for signing.
I can install any program on my phone, but I would never let anyone else near it.
Secondly, it would show up in the phone that it had been installed because, the programs I use on it show things at a code level.
I have special programs that show things that are not normally shown.
This program is nothing more than a Trojan, the same as on pc's.
A keylogger.Except it logs more than just key strokes.
Ive had several Trojans on my phone from websites, and Kaspersky mobile detected and removed them.
The government doesn't need to install a keylogger to listen, they can listen through patching into the channel through the exchanges.
Have a look here for more info.
www.noeman.org...
Its best to modify and clean install the symbian OS when you buy a new phone to get rid of any rubbish they put in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I used to work on the tech side for a major Carrier in the US, you would be amazed what we could do, I could check which cell tower you where near, the length and time of your calls, who you called, the contents of your text messages, and your voicemail. that was all very low level stuff too.

I busted an employee for lying when he called off, he spent the day at the beach, told me his mom was sick and had to fly back east.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by benrl]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Another time a guy thought his wife was cheating on him, he was able to get all the contents of her TXT messages, turned out she wasnt.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Not surprising really.

A cell network is merely a network like any other, only, wireless and on a different frequency.

You don't have to load software on a phone to listen in, you can also decrypt transmissions going to and from the tower with a cell card and a laptop.
It's harder to do, but you don't need point of contact to achieve it.

As with all networks, you can sniff packets. I can watch people chat on MSN on my computer with a sniffer, read their e-mail, watch which websites they go to, the list is endless.
Do I do it? No. I have moral boundaries, but I have demonstrated that I can... and it certainly made me aware of how unsecured most digital communications are.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
I do it all my self.If I cant figure out how to do it, then it doesn't get done.
It has symbian OS version, cleanly re installed by me after I bought it, programs need to be signed in order to install them.

Yeah same here, though my phone runs Cellon Linux. It's easy to see what's running by issuing the ps cmd.
However due to a bit of brain fade I managed to screw up one of the start-up scripts and now it won't boot. Still kicking myself over that

Oh well at least no one will be able to monitor my phone now

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

reply to post by BorgHoffen

Really?

(Actually if I was the Government, I would obey The Constitution)

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

No it doesn't take 30 second to transfer the program, take it from a former hacker who has seen mostly everything, not all phones are compatible with this specific software, and not all phones support this hacks, so, to put it simple, not all phones can be hacked, most of the hacks for older phones depended on the provides network, but they have patched those bugs since ages ago, so nope, right now, the most secure phones are, as other has already stated, older phones that do not support the most recent software, but are able to connect to the networks, easy as that.

To put it simple, would you be able to install a fuel injection system on a 58 mustang without having to add a lot of custom hardware? i guess not, or i'm wrong? well the same applies to cell phones. it-just-can't-be-made.

And that's why most phreakers own old cell phones...

Edited to add, not all phones share the same OS, so that means, one program made for one OS, will not work on another OS, so that also takes care of a big share of cell phones out there, this means, your choice is limited when trying to install this spy software, and if you manage to install it, it still depends on the user not noticing the new software running.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

"To put it simple, would you be able to install a fuel injection system on a 58 mustang without having to add a lot of custom hardware? i guess not, or i'm wrong? well the same applies to cell phones. it-just-can't-be-made. "

You compare THAT to a file transfer?

*In any case, and as John Sky said: You don't have to load software on a phone to listen in, you can also decrypt transmissions going to and from the tower with a cell card and a laptop.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

Yeah same here, though my phone runs Cellon Linux. It's easy to see what's running by issuing the ps cmd.
However due to a bit of brain fade I managed to screw up one of the start-up scripts and now it won't boot. Still kicking myself over that

Oh well at least no one will be able to monitor my phone now

isn't that cool? when your own OS manages to guide you into messing up? i guess that's the price for having freedom as much as you want

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Kaifan

"To put it simple, would you be able to install a fuel injection system on a 58 mustang without having to add a lot of custom hardware? i guess not, or i'm wrong? well the same applies to cell phones. it-just-can't-be-made. "

You compare THAT to a file transfer?

*In any case, and as John Sky said: You don't have to load software on a phone to listen in, you can also decrypt transmissions going to and from the tower with a cell card and a laptop.

Yeah, it is mostly the same, from a programming point of view, if the OS does not support certain operations, it will be exactly like and old motor not supporting certain parts, exactly the same, computers, as much high tech as they may seem, still operate on the same basic levels as the rest of the old and current hardware, believe me.

And yes, what John Sky says is true, but, not that easy, you need certain software and knowledge of the networks, and, also, unless you have a good source for information, a great deal of time spent on learning how everything works on the cell network, which not everyone is capable of understanding, truly.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but i am trying to say the truth, from my point of view, my experience, and what i have seen and tested in the past. Just that.

Let me add just one more thing to clarify:

When you make a file transfer to a cell phone, if the file you have transferred is a binary file that is supposed to run on the cell phone, like the software in question here, the cell phone OS must be able to understand and run this file, if it is not capable of doing that, the file will just be a stream of binary data with no meaning to the cell phone OS, just the same as if you try to run a windows application on a linux or mac system, or a mac app on linux/windows, it will simply not work, unless of course you add a simulator application, which on this case, would mean the same as i was saying, to add a hardware layer on top of the original motor so that it is able to handle the new additions.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Well to be fair, it wasn't the OS's fault. By default the OS is write protected but I disabled it. Big mistake huh, lol.
Actually it's not that funny, I was going to put Android on it. But no, I had to try something else first...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
reply to post by Kaifan

Well to be fair, it wasn't the OS's fault. By default the OS is write protected but I disabled it. Big mistake huh, lol.
Actually it's not that funny, I was going to put Android on it. But no, I had to try something else first...

Well it can't be blamed on you right? if you do not try, then how you know what can be done? i guess is just human nature, and it is fine, nothing is lost and you did have fun watching it right? so i guess everything is ok isn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Well that's one way of looking at it, I suppose. Actually I had a lot of fun porting apps to that phone and sharing it to other users. Still I reckon (one day)I'll get it going again..

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

This was on FOX it must be credible!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie "Eagle Eye".

People think this is bad.. Just wait until RFID's go mainstream.

Just like George Carlin once said.. They aren't rights if they can be taken away.. They are a set of temporary privelages.

We also have all these empty, brand new FEMA camps all over the country. If you don't think you and your family could be thrown into internment camps then really don't know your American history very well.

Japense American Internment

The NWO is coming folks. They are softening you up now by initiating an engineered economic downturn that will later make people so desperate they will be screaming for the formation of the North American Union. Everything is underway.

Look at what is going on with the American/Mexican border, the economy, the "buy american" legislation, gun control legislation, FEMA camps, underground FEMA facilities designed and built for running our country after it falls into chaos, The obama economic plan, the stimulus bills. Everything is being sped up to hasten the engineered economic downfall of our country.

They say the wealthy in this country are the ones we should be afraid of. If that is so then why would the stimulus money go right back into their pockets? Meanwhile, these guys are buying 30,000 dollar toilets, spending 7-figure sums to renovate their offices, and shelling out massive bonuses. This is all coming to a head folks. So be aware.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-3-2009 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

join