It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have lost almost all spirituality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Huh, some long posts we have here. I'm trying to reply for everybody in a single post, it is easier that way.

I didn't actually know there are more people like me, who have a bit different understanding of the bible compared to general christian population. Some of you made quite insightful posts that were revealing and interesting to read. I propably change some understanding of mine in regard to belief.

Whoever said that hate is the wrong word, is right. I'm merely frustrated of ignorance. I do realize that people who have blind faith do use reason and logic but in a way that their premises stem from bible instead of observation of something else. That way, there is absolutely no way to come to same conclusion about whatever subject a reglion could have. In essesnce, exactly identical logic leads to different conclusions about the world and spirituality when premises are different.

I don't know what to say. Perhaps I'm just a bit bitter because I have only met such religious people in real life who refuse to observe their own religion objectively. I can't blame them for that though, most only read material that already support their view of the world so it cannot really change in any way. Not that I want to evangelize my own understanding to others, but intelligent conversations would be nice every now and then. This is exactly what is wrong with fundamentalists, but maybe I can live with that :-)

I'll try to write a more thorough reply tonight, I'm too busy right now.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
What's wrong in debating that bible is true, while its birth story certainly tell that it isn't entirely so?

Great posting.

Fear. By and large you could say that people rather have a belief system than nothing. Rather a comfy prison cell of illusions than freedom that can show them how wrong they are or could be.

Greetings

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Fear. By and large you could say that people rather have a belief system than nothing. Rather a comfy prison cell of illusions than freedom that can show them how wrong they are or could be.

No it's called faith. But on the other hand how do you really know if the bible stories are true or not? You can only speculate.

But the ones who say it's false flat out are the ones with hidden insecuritites because they fear actually worshipping something greater then themselves and being subject.

the rebellious soul always fear that god might be ture, whereas the faithfull soul doesn't fear god being false in the sense that they will have to become unrebellious.

so basically wait till death and you will all find out what the truth is.

arguing gets nowhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth arguing gets nowhere.

I thank you sincerely for your reply and I read your statements with interest and it reminded me very much of something I read in the book "The Holographic Universe" here it is:

When people with set beliefs converse with others, they try to justify their opinions by espousing and defending their opinions. Their judgements seldom change as a result of any new information they encounter, and they show little interest in allowing any real conversational interactional to take place.

Here something interesting to read: www.newagepointofinfinity.com...

I don't want to shake your belief system, but how do you know which savior the real one is?

-Krishna of Hindostan
-Buddha Sakia of India
-Salivahana of Bermuda
-Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and
Orus, of Egypt
-Odin of the Scandinavians
-Crite of Chaldea
-Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia
-Baal and Taut, "the only
Begotten of God," of Phoenicia
-Indra of Tibet
-Bali of Afghanistan
-Jao of Nepal
-Wittoba of the Bilingonese
-Thammuz of Syria
-Atys of Phrygia
-Xamolxis of Thrace
-Zoar of the Bonzes
-Adad of Assyria
-Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam
-Alcides of Thebes
-Mikado of the Sintoos
-Beddru of Japan
-Hesus of Eros, and Bremrillah,
of the Druids
-Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls
-Cadmus of Greece
-Hil and Feta of the Mandaites
-Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico
-Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
-Ischy of the Island of Formosa
-Divine Teacher of Plato
-Holy One of Xaca
-Fohi and Tien of China
-Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece
-Ixion and Quirnus of Rome
-Prometheus of Caucasus
-Mohammed, or Mahomet, of Arabia

And yes, you are right. Arguing gets us nowhere.

Peace.

Greetings

PS:

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
so basically wait till death and you will all find out what the truth is.

I think you should wait too.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

You will never find true spirituality in religion.

It comes from within not what someone else tells you or what was written in a book.

Become spiritually alive because you lost the chains of religion and can be free to be you. God lies within, not without.

The Hedgerider

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

A lot of so-called "religious" people are really just liars. A few of them are actually members of secret societies, and see religion as a way to deceive people rather than a way to achieve spiritual greatness. I personally see deceptive recruiting in practically every religion, and that's why I haven't chosen one.

Don't let false prophets discourage you from your path. The Bible is grossly mistranslated, and many people claim that it contradicts itself. Maybe you can attempt to translate it yourself?

The difference between science and religion is that science is amorphous. You can't pass on the same scientific knowledge for generations. Systems of philosophy, when you treat them all equally and objectively, contradict one another. That's why people choose sides and kill one another over something silly like their version of the truth.

My personal view is that we are on this Earth to enjoy it, and to express ourselves. We can't enjoy it when we are doing harm to others, and evil will always exist no matter how perfect humanity becomes, so there's no point in making an earnest contribution to the cycle of destruction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join