It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in a bunker or vault. What information to pass on for future generations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey guys,

was just wondering what peoples opinions would be on this subject I am about to bring up.

If you lived in a bunker for your whole life cos of a natural or man made disaster and you had children and it was evident you had to pass on some information for them to survive and possibly future generations, what would it be?

Information that is passed on to the future generations. What would be the most important things you would teach your kids? Survival, religion, science. Give me some specifics on what you guys think would be absolutes for the long terms survival of your bloodline/human race. Also keep in mind that they would eventually come out at some point whether it be 100 years or more.

Cheers Q

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
How to make,

Sunglasses.
Sunblock.

(Sorry, I'll try to be more helpful later.)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Never forget the McRib

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is that it? I thought this place was full of intelligent life forms. Wow!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If your living in a vault that means some type of super catastrophic event has happened. In that case the real question would be, will there be any future generations?

EDIT
to give a real answer to your post, it would be everything humanity knows now but from a critical point of view were it need be.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Don't make ths same stupid mistakes they did, before it went all to hell..and properly teach and learn them how things work, so they understand why things went bad in the first place.
I would teach them about being respectful too all, but to be on alarm and alert when danger is near. I would teach them what love is, and how to love, and hwo to mkae things to use as shelter, and how to hunt for food..

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
If your living in a vault that means some type of super catastrophic event has happened. In that case the real question would be, will there be any future generations?

EDIT
to give a real answer to your post, it would be everything humanity knows now but from a critical point of view were it need be.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by TheDarkFlame]

It's a hypothetical question and let me rephrase. You are a parent. You are trapped with supplies in a bunker/vault enough to last a long while. Lets say you neighbors kids were dropped off in the vault before the catastrophe. What would you choose to pass on to your kids/neighbors kids with the information you know. Knowing full well they will probably procreate.

Would it be survival techniques, how to cook, clean, how to raise a child. You can only teach what you know and how exactly would you know everything humanity knows know? LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Considering we'll be together for a while physics, philosophy, survival, the most emphasis on things they need to know to survive depending on what happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Really it depends on the scale of the disaster. if it were, say, a meteor that hit the Earth causing nuclear winter, upon coming out of your hole in the ground, personally, i would want some farming happening, some basic construction of housing, or other means of creating a form of village-esc society.

things such as philosophy, religion and most of the major academics will either be diluted by means of the "Chinese wiper" kind of effect, or lost entirely in isolated environments. such things would become more backhand knowledge anyway, although it depends on how long you and subsequent generations remain isolated.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If your stuck in a bunker or vault (101 for all you fallout fans) then you should had enough room to have at least on CD or DVD or even USB keey all the data you can grab off the net before TSHTF.

You've planned for the vault , had it built to your specifications including living space, electrical systems, water and air purification plants and power generators. possibly even a small hydroponics room for clean air and food, depending on the event outside either solar panelled or 'free energy generators'.
You'd have enough room to build up a library on CD or USB key, let them learn from that .
the vital skills are farming , for when you head back into the sunlight ( unless nuclear winter or volcanic ash ( may take upto 10 years to disapate ( maybe longer)). Followed by survival and hunting skills.

Possibly after that interpersonal skills and / electronics or engineering skills. To repair any equipent you come across or to build new windmills or surface power generators.

Maybe even medical skills to help any survivors on the surface or who come out of their vaults.

Indespersed with history , to learn from our mistakes so not to repeat them.
Maybe even try to expand their mind with psionic tests and exercises?

Just my idea , not I'm going back in to my Bunker to wait for the End..
TA TA....

click

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'd make it clear that the Golden Rule should be practiced more and taken seriously.

new topics

top topics

join