It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get some more points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok so I have been around for awhile now, Ive managed to gain almost 400 points and thats just from posting pretty much Ive only started two threads.

My question is whats a good way to get a few thousand points quickly, I don't want to start crappy threads or go over stuff that's been done to death on these boards.

If I'm going to spend a decent amount of time in trying to get these points (I want access to RATS) is there something useful for the community I could do to get those points ?

I come to the site nearly every day and think of myself as fairly active in terms of posting in several forums, and to be honest I think its bogus Ive got such a low score compared to people that start threads that are just full of total BS and don't want to resort to doing something similar or signing up to twitter .

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

One thing you could do is to write a good article for TinWiki, or edit one of the ones that's already there and needs it.

It's a lot more work than signing up for Twitter, but at least you will have done something of value for a part of the ATS community

edit to add a link:

Tips for TinWiki Newbies Thread

[edit on 2/28/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Or submit artwork for a TinWiki article! Or participate in the Writing-Research-Debate threads!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Or start a thread with the topic, "I don't like Obama."

Or declare your position on Abortion...that always works.

Or give your stance on religion...that works as well.

Politics, Abortion, Religion....if you want some action..start a thread with that kind of stance...you'll get points.

Points galore just for the angry replies alone...

BS aside.....I tend to start threads on things i think are important or something I would like others to see.

Sometimes I post threads on my thoughts alone...

It's all what you make of it my friend.

You may even find your own opinions begin to change based on others opinions and facts based on said opinions.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have considered doing stuff for the tin wiki as its in a pretty poor state in the moment, but does it really get used or would I just be wasting time for the sake of vanity ?

How many points can you get for Tin-Wiki articles ?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yeah, it's pretty important, and no, you wouldn't be wasting your time.

You can get up to 10,000 points per article for original article submissions.

If you want to go that route, let me know and I will help you out if you need it.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My one on the Moon has had over 400 views and I'm shamelessly pleased with it
I haven't got points but in sheer satisfaction of producing a quality page they are less important! Some pages have been viewed thousands of times. You might tire of ATS but your page will remain.

One question, if I Google "moon tinwiki" or "devils footprints tinwiki" they don't show up. Is that down to Google spiders or is there something else I need to do to 'complete' the pages? I know they need images also and I haven't come to grips with that yet.

To anyone seriously considering writing a page, do it! It takes time and thought, but it becomes quite addictive. Just be aware that it's out there for anyone to see so make sure it doesn't reflect badly on you. A good way to start is by maybe adding a section to an existing wiki. Offer an alternative explanation or more details. I've got half a dozen in the pipeline when I next get time off work.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The way I did it was to come in after hours and sweep & mop the floors, wash the dishes, dust the furniture, take-out the garbage, clean the counter tops,,, just kiddin!

Sorry, gYv, I'm a midnight joker!

No, you have to kinda forget about them, and over time, they start adding up! Now you've been here for almost 7 months, and you're hoping for more points by posting in the Board Business and Questions forum, where NO points are earned? Surely you've seen the increments of points differ from forum to forum, right? That's how I noticed. But I'm not a points junkie.

But I don't really know too much more than what I've learned so far. I think most forums give a point per post; and others (like Breaking Alternative News) dole out 10 per post.

Then, replies to YOUR specific posts receive another 10, and, of course, if you draft a doozie, you could merit an "APPLAUSE", worth 500 points!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
try creating or joining a thread on BTS there's a few there that just go.

good luck.

oh yeah I nearly forgot, don't spam threads for points.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Post PodCasts
each one gives you around 2000 points!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

can you open portals?

lol, ...Start a thread with a negative, _____ is not real!!

new topics

top topics

join