It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF!?!? Am I Physically Changing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok guys, here's the deal, I have terrible health, I was healthier when I was a vegetarian, I was sharp as a tack too, but since I've been eating the Standard American Diet, I've been getting sick a ton, my weak immune system has cost me MANY jobs, so I decided to become a vegan once I started my garden, it's been a VERY slow transition.

Well I notice something ever since I made that decision, when I eat meat, it tastes disgusting, it has a really grotesque fleshy taste to it, like raw meat or something no matter how cooked it is. Cheese tastes nasty too, tastes like sour milk, milk tastes bad too, make me bloat up, makes it hard for me to sleep, I've been eating more cheese though in hopes that it will taste good again because I LOVE cheese, but all dairy makes me feel sick and cheese tastes nasty. Also I can't eat fried foods, but that has been before I wanted to do this, it started with chicken fried steak, I used to LOVE it (I'm from TX), and eventually ALL fried foods hurt my stomach and taste bad. I also can't stand sodas, they're gross too and hurt my stomach.

The only foods I like to eat are raw and steamed vegetables and drink green tea, fruit juices and water. I've really started digging different kinds of squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, I'm going to try some butternut squash soon too. I like grains, oats, fruits, vegetables, stuff like that, I love this stuff!

When I eat steaks, burgers, roasts ect., I feel like I have poison in my stomach, I feel like I'm dying, I can't stand it, but I don't just wanna jump into being vegan, I don't wanna shock my system, but I think I can handle it.

Also, I'm seeing things, I see refresh rates on tvs (I have an old tube tv), I see things outta the corner of my eyes, sometimes shadowy figures, I see things waaay far in the distance, I see around objects and threw them again (I used to be able to, I guess, visualize what things looked like).

I also have not come down with any sicknesses other than a sinus infection and my asthma is getting better too, people around me are coming down with some sorta highly contagious stuff and it has not hit me even though I'm around these people 8 hours a day.

My heart is doing better too, I have PSVT, but here lately I haven't been having much trouble.

I also feel like I'm in a higher cognitive plain too, it's really strange.

So am I physically changing? I'm needing the veganism, not just wanting to change to be a vegan, I need the veganism, I need it like air.

Anyone else experience this sorta thing?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What are you complaining for? Keep it up, this is how humans are meant to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
What are you complaining for? Keep it up, this is how humans are meant to be.

Lol, thanks for the dancing clown, I'm not really complaining, I think it's a good thing, it's just a little shocking to me.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

When I eat steaks, burgers, roasts ect., I feel like I have poison in my stomach, I feel like I'm dying, I can't stand it, but I don't just wanna jump into being vegan, I don't wanna shock my system, but I think I can handle it.

Hmm.. I don't think you are physically changing... But you might be psychologically changing a little bit.

I found when I went Vegetarian, it was a whole lot simpler for me then I expected it to be. Perhaps I just psyched myself about it so much that when it came down to it, it wasn't all that hard. I cut out Beef first, Chicken pretty much the week after, and fish the month after.

Changing the way you think about food, will change the way you feel about it and look at it. Or that's what I found anyway. (I went vegetarian because I became very paranoid about chemicals and growth hormomes that are present in commerical meat).

I have found, that I can alter the way that I view certain foods, in an attempt to keep me from eating them or being tempted. Meat, milk, refined sugar, processed foods, and white flour - are just a few examples of the things that I have changed the way I see them.

I avoid the middle aisles (except to grab crakcers) when I'm shopping, because I feel really grossed out, when I see people piling their cart full of "instant", "pre-made", and "convenient" foods. It drives me batty. I've been recently put off from canned foods as I swear to god I can taste the "canny" taste). Canning yourself, in glass jars, I think is also a better alternative (if you're into the stock-piling thing).

So am I physically changing? I'm needing the veganism, not just wanting to change to be a vegan, I need the veganism, I need it like air.

The fact that you feel you NEED to change - looks to me as though you've already made up your mind about what you are going to do. Now, psychologically the change is happening. You look at certain foods and feel disgusted. Since Veganism is a lot stricter then simply being a Vegetarian - I would gently work your way into it.

Honestly, I think it's all in your head - I know that's where mine is. I made a rapid and hard-edged dietry change, and I really do think that it stemmed from my own thoughts.

You know that saying "You can do anything you put your mind to?" Well... Litterally.

- Carrot
(PS. Banana Squash is awesome, steamed with brussel sprouts with a little bit of sea salt & pepper and rice
).

[edit on 2/28/2009 by CA_Orot]

top topics

join